Danved

Because the Paladins are better during 2-3 and 3-9, excluding Mak and Astrid, of course. Marcia doesn't restrain me from using Danved, I was more looking at the BEXP situation, which was mentioned previously. Also, I can only use those three to trio the chapter if I don't care about BEXP, but apparently, I do. Basically Danved has availability, and growths against him, and it wouldn't be as beneficial for me to field him rather than somebody else in the GM chapters he is available.

If Makalov isn't better than Danved, than so isn't Marcia. The only thing making her better is Mov. Marcia's durability is about the same, with Danved winning in Avo and more HP. She's the same as Danved by 3-9, except, again, with more Mov to extinguish fires.

If you aren't fielding Astrid & Makalov and are going for the max BEXP you might as well take Danved. Geoffrey, Marcia and the NPCs aren't lowturning that chapter by themselves. Non of them are doubling. So that means you have them 3-4RKO enemies unless either of them are using a Brave Lance.

Danved isn't hindering your progress in 3-9 when he can actually help with enemies, along with that, him and Callil are the only ones able to go up ledges. That's in Danved's favor to get him at the speed rate of the pallies.

He isn't hindering you.

If Makalov isn't better than Danved, than so isn't Marcia. The only thing making her better is Mov. Marcia's durability is about the same, with Danved winning in Avo and more HP. She's the same as Danved by 3-9, except, again, with more Mov to extinguish fires.

If you aren't fielding Astrid & Makalov and are going for the max BEXP you might as well take Danved. Geoffrey, Marcia and the NPCs aren't lowturning that chapter by themselves. Non of them are doubling. So that means you have them 3-4RKO enemies unless either of them are using a Brave Lance.

Danved isn't hindering your progress in 3-9 when he can actually help with enemies, along with that, him and Callil are the only ones able to go up ledges. That's in Danved's favor to get him at the speed rate of the pallies.

He isn't hindering you.

I never said he was hindering the player. He may hinder the player later in the game though, assuming an early promotion and such.

I never said he was hindering the player. He may hinder the player later in the game though, assuming an early promotion and such.

A 14/1 Danved isn't doing that until 4-E-1. He can be pretty good for Tibarn's route.

I found him hindering me in 3-11 the most out of CRK's because of his move, I still like him but not as a primary choice.

Just about every non-flying unit does that there. =P

A 14/1 Danved isn't doing that until 4-E-1. He can be pretty good for Tibarn's route.

Just about every non-flying unit does that there. =P

Thats true but I like to clear out the shine barrier carrying enemies so my paladdins can cross safely ;) they go faster anyways until they fall in a hole :sob:

It was usually Titania

Anyways Danved is much easier to train than Aran he could take Astrid or Geoffrey's paragon and make better use of it than them, and I would give him the boss kills to at least for 3-9.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I finally got around to attempting to use Danved this time, and it looks like he'll turn out okay. IIRC, he starts off faster than most, if not all the CRK (I'm tired, and don't remember), he can kill the jerk with the Horseslayer on 2-3 with relative ease, and he comes with two decent weapons, with an opportunity to get a third. Slap a Paragon on him, and he'll level nicely. I tend to use my BEXP to get my non-maxed units to 99 before leveling up, and it works really well.

I prefer Strength on my lance units, so unless Neph gets Strength-blessed, I don't use her. Aran gets use, as long as his Speed doesn't lag too far behind (he can kill stuff, and wield his weapons without a Speed penalty).

one thing danved has over aran is you can transfer data for him, if you cap some of his stats in PoR( not always easy but it can be done) then he starts off with pretty dang good stats, making him get kills alot easier in part 2 which means hes less underleveled in part 3 and thus easier to train

one thing danved has over aran is you can transfer data for him, if you cap some of his stats in PoR( not always easy but it can be done) then he starts off with pretty dang good stats, making him get kills alot easier in part 2 which means hes less underleveled in part 3 and thus easier to train

Didnt you read what I say earlier

He isnt having trouble killing enemies in Part 2. His problem is 3-9.

I prefer Strength on my lance units, so unless Neph gets Strength-blessed, I don't use her. Aran gets use, as long as his Speed doesn't lag too far behind (he can kill stuff, and wield his weapons without a Speed penalty).

It's easy to force Neph to be strength blessed since she caps her main growths (spd, skl) early even without transfers. BEXP takes care of her strength problems. Aran may suffer in speed, but he's mean to be a wall. I once raised an Aran who pretty much got No Damage in Part 4 (he was slightly speed-blessed but still).

It's easy to force Neph to be strength blessed since she caps her main growths (spd, skl) early even without transfers. BEXP takes care of her strength problems. Aran may suffer in speed, but he's mean to be a wall. I once raised an Aran who pretty much got No Damage in Part 4 (he was slightly speed-blessed but still).

Well he caps strength, skill, and defence so easily he can BEXP to get some extra speed.

He has trouble reachng decent Spd as Aran's promotion is usually set by lvl 17, effeciently. With that, you can't really ever have him double anything. Instead, you'll be having him avoid getting doubled.

Well he caps strength, skill, and defence so easily he can BEXP to get some extra speed.

He has 3 part 3 chapters and there is very little bexp in HM. The great part about Neph is she can cap stuff around 3-5 and she has 5 chapters left where you can get bexp levels cheaply because you just go up to 80 exp or so and finish off the level. When Aran finally caps things towards the end of 3-12 you can only do that once to gain spd. That's a whole +1 unless you want to spend tons of bexp on him to get +2 or 3 spd, which only ever prevents some doubling rather than allows him to double.

Neph and Aran are hardly in the same position when it comes to bexp-ability.

He has 3 part 3 chapters and there is very little bexp in HM. The great part about Neph is she can cap stuff around 3-5 and she has 5 chapters left where you can get bexp levels cheaply because you just go up to 80 exp or so and finish off the level. When Aran finally caps things towards the end of 3-12 you can only do that once to gain spd. That's a whole +1 unless you want to spend tons of bexp on him to get +2 or 3 spd, which only ever prevents some doubling rather than allows him to double.

Neph and Aran are hardly in the same position when it comes to bexp-ability.

I never mentioned anything about him doubling, I just said he can get extra speed. I kept my statement vague so I don't dig a hole with my pisspoor debating skills.

Aran gets doubled and 2RKO'd by just about every enemy in Part 3. So I don't see why most tend to make a big deal about his "tanking", when relative to the team, is about average. Everyone except Micaiah, Laura (1RKO'd) & Volug (3RKO'd) get 2RKO'd.

Then Part 4 arrives and he is most likely to get the bench.

So I would like some to be a little more considerate of that because, as I Eat Tables mentioned, Danved's problems aren't reliant on on his stats or growths, but it's his avaiblity.

Edited by The leaving song II

I do not understand either how Aran gets high praise for doing...what exactly in P3, hes not gonna die, but we can bring Meg(Nolan is the best at this) if we want someone that won't die.

Danved's problem is availability, and what hurts him even more is that he's gonna be about 20/14 at best when neph should be somewhere around 20/18-20/20/1

I don't think Nolan is invincible since his Def is lower than Aran's. But he certainly does an excellent job at killing laguz, which is actually useful.

And Nephenee shouldn't be that high on HM without some favoritism. I could assume lvl 14-16 as something fair.

Edited by The leaving song II

I don't think Nolan is invincible since his Def is lower than Aran's. But he certainly does an excellent job at killing laguz, which is actually useful.

And Nephenee shouldn't be that high on HM without some favoritism. I could assume lvl 14-16 as something fair.

Well, i guess i more meant Nolan is good at killing laguz, you phrased it better. and he only loses by like 3 def(tarvos) at 20/1 which is around what level they should be at, and Nolan has an hp lead of 5.So overall Nolan may have better durability here, and he can take beastfoe + Tarvos and wreck.

At 3-11, i think Neph should be level 18 at the minimum, Danved can still do fine with paragon on that stage cause then he's making ground, but he's gonna take favorism on 3-11/3-E.

I like Danved; he and Marcia (and Geoffrey just for bosskilling in those 2) are the only CRK units I use. He has good personality (mostly from supports in PoR) and is a slightly above average unit. His really big hindrances are availability (Paragon helps, but he won't catch Neph by chapter 11) and the lowest Skill growth of the Beorc (30%) that keep him from impaling or criticaling as much as Aran and Nephenee unless lucky. He's very much a male Nephenee that traded some Resistance for HP, and if she didn't exist, he would have been my top unit instead (with 1 or 2 secret books).

You'd be surprised. 20/1 Nolan has 38HP/18DEF with Tarvos to Aran's 32HP/21DEF, and he had more time to form a support and is a better choice for the Dracoshield.

Nolan can also OHKO enemies at range with the crossbow/beastfoe combo, and use vantage/Beastfoe/Tarvos to avoid some attacks on enemy phase, and he's less likely to be doubled.

I've seen what he can do with that combo when I was reading through Interceptor's playlog yesterday. 8D

Silly of me, I didn't have Vantage on Nolan, so I had him with some durability problems against tigers in 3-13. But 1HKO'ing everything not Ike was just gold.