Reverse Mafia

Fayt Zelpher

...Didn't you do that?

Anyway, WoMC hasn't said anything yet. This worries me, but killing an inactive traitor isn't as bad as killing an active one anyway, and there's any chance he could be Mason/Cult.

Didn't he do that as well?

Oh Fayt, don't cut Day phase until WoMC responds.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, not really. You could easily be culted tonight, or a mason.

Edited by Snike

Forgot about this last night and just got to it today; the thing that's stopping me from starting my game until the 24th is at fault here.

And since you all just like to bandwagon, I think I heard somewhere that the third person on a bandwagon has a higher chance of being scum.

Looking back through the thread...

I'm trying to remember what sort of behaviour Joshybear used in past games when he was scummy. I'm having trouble remembering if he preferred to slink off, to be bold, or to just sheep.

Does anyone have a better memory?

I'm trying to remember what sort of behaviour Joshybear used in past games when he was scummy. I'm having trouble remembering if he preferred to slink off, to be bold, or to just sheep.

Does anyone have a better memory?

it sure would help if you used a name that meant something to the rest of us.

He means JB.

And usually, yes, The Tempest tends to sheep, when he's scummy. Or, in this case, clean.

Forgot about this last night and just got to it today; the thing that's stopping me from starting my game until the 24th is at fault here.

And since you all just like to bandwagon, I think I heard somewhere that the third person on a bandwagon has a higher chance of being scum.

Looking back through the thread...

It's true, but it's not a HUGE scumtell, and it mostly applies when someone is innocent, either. It's something like, 10% more likely. The logic behind it being, scum doesn't want to make the second vote since it seems far too hasty, and they don't want to wait too long because they want to make the person look like there's a lot of people against them.

He's talking about Sync/JB. And actually, I can see Sync having looked a little scummy, but I'm not entirely sure. At least WoMC exists now, so ##Unvote, vote JB25

Right, well playing around with the options, and the fact that I'd initially only wanted some pressure on Weapons, we'll go with this then. I hope to see continued activity from Weapons in the future. ...Also, Ether is still on my radar.

##Unvote

##Vote Sync/JB25

I think that I'll go ahead and call it. It's been 51 hours, Sync seems to be on his way to a majority, and the discussion levels are... well, less than required to get time extensions.

Sync/JB, you have been lynched.

I found this in his PM box:

You are a traitor. You do not have a night action. In addition, you do not know who the mafioso are, but must do what you can to help them win. You win if the mafia wins.

Mafia, Masons, Cult, you know what to do.

Hurry up people. You only have a few more hours left and I'm not going to prod you guys or extend night phase if you don't recruit/kill. I'll just have mafia shoot a traitor (so as to hurt their side) and the masons/cult don't get a chance to recruit at all.

And Core met an untimely fate at the hands of an Axe murderer! I found this in his PM box, though some parts are smudgy and impossible to read.

You are the cult leader. Every night, you may attempt to recruit one person to your faction. If your target is a traitor, that person will be converted to a cultist in the morning and will be added to this PM. *Smudged out text*

If you die and there is at least one other cultist left alive, the remaining cultists may vote to elect a new leader. If that person dies, the rest of the cult will die as well.

Your actions take place after the masons, but before the mafia. This means that if both you and the masons attempt to recruit the same person, that person will join your faction. *Smudged out text*

You win if your faction controls at least 50% of the town in the morning

Huh. Okay, there's a few interesting things to note about this. One of them I'm not going to point out, because it hurts the traitors to tell the cult/masons.

Now, we know some things. We know a little about how the cult operates. We also know that we don't know something, which is important information in itself. My guess is the missing information pertains to some night ability, although it seems strangely placed considering that. If that's correct, then we should also guess the masons have some kind of night ability. What would be useful for them to have? Some kind of doctor role would obviously be very useful, as would a killing ability, and perhaps some kind of stalker ability, but obviously, I don't know exactly what they have.

Actually, considering it's location, the smudged out text probably refers to what happens if they recruit a mafioso or a mason. In which case, we can presume that something will happen, possibly a kill, possibly a recruit.

We're now facing one cultist and two masons, with two mafioso and four traitors left. There might only be one mason, but that's unlikely.

Well, that's good to know, but unless I'm missing something, that doesn't really help us find out who the mason(s) and the remaining cultist are.

And it's difficult to scum-hunt when one's pressure vote simply gets ignored.

I'm pretty elated. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but should the masons try mason one of the mafia, they lose, right? Or, if the cult gets visited by them, the CL dies as well? Maybe the mafia should NK tonight.