Reverse Mafia

Fayt Zelpher

But I did speculate just as much about the cult...

Actually, considering it's location, the smudged out text probably refers to what happens if they recruit a mafioso or a mason. In which case, we can presume that something will happen, possibly a kill, possibly a recruit.

Your argument doesn't seem to make sense any more.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I don't think the smudged out text refers to what might happen if the cult tries to recruit a mason; Fayt explicitly stated what happens when a mason tries to recruit a cult member (kill), so seeing how he hasn't mentioned anything in particular about what happens when a cult member tries to recruit a mason, I guess nothing special would happen and the mason would simply become a cultist.

It might, on the other hand, refer to what happens if they try to recruit a mafioso, but I dunno.

Ulki seems to be strangely quiet in this game. Isn't he usually much more active? In particular, he's only made a single, irrelevant post since the beginning of day 2. Without anything better to go on right now...

##Vote SlayerX

Though WoMC just now was pretty weird, too.

*Ignores*

:lol:

That aside, I have been a bit busy with something and thus my activity through out the mafias have dropped.

I found Snike's post of no kill a bit strange. Why shouldn't they shoot. However, i decide not to ask and go play Fire Emblem. :mellow:

No, you speculated about the cult and masons in different areas. That does not equalize them, it indicates you know the threats differently, which is a way someone from either faction would act seeing as they know their own side has what they have.

Huh. Okay, there's a few interesting things to note about this. One of them I'm not going to point out, because it hurts the traitors to tell the cult/masons.

Now, we know some things. We know a little about how the cult operates. We also know that we don't know something, which is important information in itself. My guess is the missing information pertains to some night ability, although it seems strangely placed considering that. If that's correct, then we should also guess the masons have some kind of night ability. What would be useful for them to have? Some kind of doctor role would obviously be very useful, as would a killing ability, and perhaps some kind of stalker ability, but obviously, I don't know exactly what they have.

Actually, considering it's location, the smudged out text probably refers to what happens if they recruit a mafioso or a mason. In which case, we can presume that something will happen, possibly a kill, possibly a recruit.

We're now facing one cultist and two masons, with two mafioso and four traitors left. There might only be one mason, but that's unlikely.

At the bold, first of all, role speculation is out of place. From my experience setup speculation can be either misleading or very scummy if guessed right. Secondly, this role speculation is very generic, giving roles anyone might've guessed by looking at the OP, which makes the entire statement filler. In other regular games on day 2 you do not try to guess what roles the mafia have, do you? Lastly, as I've said, you guess what roles the masons have, but do not do the same for cult, which indicates you know them differently.

Actually, that's a fairly good point. Unfortunately, it's as I said, I was just typing as I thought. Setup speculation I almost always do, and I've never really found it scummy unless someone focuses on it to the point of neglecting everything else. That post was basically analysing the information from the death scene - which meant it effectively because setup speculation, because that's the information we were given, and that's actually all I've said on the matter all game. I'll admit the role speculation was very generic, which was because of what I said before - typing as I think. There's actually now a whole lot of roles they could have, and in fact, those guesses are probably completely wrong anyway, since if they have anything at all, it's probably a traditionally mafia role, not something like a doctor, although a stalker and maybe a kill are possible.

As for the cult/mason difference, I'm really not sure what to say. I DO know more about the cult. I know this:

You are the cult leader. Every night, you may attempt to recruit one person to your faction. If your target is a traitor, that person will be converted to a cultist in the morning and will be added to this PM. *Smudged out text*

If you die and there is at least one other cultist left alive, the remaining cultists may vote to elect a new leader. If that person dies, the rest of the cult will die as well.

Your actions take place after the masons, but before the mafia. This means that if both you and the masons attempt to recruit the same person, that person will join your faction. *Smudged out text*

You win if your faction controls at least 50% of the town in the morning

Look at where the *Smudged out text* is. It's on the same line as the recruiting and actions information. It could be that Fayt didn't really think about where he put it, but that indicates primarily to me that the information is something to do with recruiting, and not a night ability. Maybe it's even both, or something. Or even saying who the mafia are. I don't know. I can keep making guesses if you want, but like in the post I made before, there's no point just going through just about everything the cult, or the masons, could have.

Any more questions? Also, you're acting strangely aggressive based on just one post.

Everyone else, who do you think is cult/mason?

I'm dunno. I feel slightly uneasy about both Ulki and psych, but since I seem to be unable to get them to say anything meaningful, I'm not sure. Psychout in particular probably's just a jerk, judging from that nonsense he did in Advance Wars mafia. Ulki's behaviour appears to be a bit different than it used to be, but maybe he's just finally getting a better player. Or it might just be my imagination.

Snike ignored my vote and Ninji doesn't exist, which obviously makes it difficult for me to determine their alignment.

You and Tables are the most suspicious guys to me right now. Tables in particular might have been converted to the cult last night if he didn't start out as a mason.

##Unvote SlayerX

##Vote Tables

Pressure vote.

I'd say a pressure vote is a good idea, except you've given me no pressure to respond to asides from having voted me ¬_¬.

As for WoMC... you've constantly disagreed with my defence, and in fact, just seem to have straw manned a whole post of mine with one sentence. That's not good. In fact, your entire argument seems to be based on something I've explained... what, two, three times? I really don't know what else I can say about it, I already feel like I'm repeating my arguments.

As for me being culted/masoned... I seem to be strangely unpopular for it. I didn't want to say that before, since now I'm a likely target, but because I've pointed that out, maybe I wont be converted and AUGH, WIFOM. But either way, I know that I currently haven't been targeted (or maybe I have and there's a Shrink on some side, but either way, I haven't been converted).

I'd say a pressure vote is a good idea, except you've given me no pressure to respond to asides from having voted me ¬_¬.

Eh, my bad. I just wanted to hear your general thoughts on the current situation, and I did now, so...

##Unvote Tables

...that's good enough for me right now.

I was going to put a pressure vote on Weapons next, but then I realized that I don't actually have anything to pressure him about right now. He's explained himself already and made some valid points, so I'll revert to my D1 vote on Snike for the time being.

##Vote Snike

I want an explanation for why you just ignored my vote, and I want an explanation for your overall weird behaviour.

As for WoMC... you've constantly disagreed with my defence, and in fact, just seem to have straw manned a whole post of mine with one sentence. That's not good. In fact, your entire argument seems to be based on something I've explained... what, two, three times? I really don't know what else I can say about it, I already feel like I'm repeating my arguments.

As for me being culted/masoned... I seem to be strangely unpopular for it. I didn't want to say that before, since now I'm a likely target, but because I've pointed that out, maybe I wont be converted and AUGH, WIFOM. But either way, I know that I currently haven't been targeted (or maybe I have and there's a Shrink on some side, but either way, I haven't been converted).

The greatest slips are the smallest.

But there is no slip. There's just you making a mountain out of a molehill.

In fact, just to throw some (extra) WIFOM into this, if I was Cult/Mason, don't you think that I would be more careful?

I want an explanation for why you just ignored my vote' date=' and I want an explanation for your overall weird behaviour. [/quote']

Thats what he wants you to explain.

Alright. So, asking about the cult and stuff, as well as the no kill suggestion is what was weird, right? I can explain that, but it's a pretty crappy excuse. I got confused because of EM. See, basically , shooting at night in a reverse game there is Mexican roulette for the mafia after Night 1, because if they hit a traitor, anti-maf wins. And, I thought mis-masoning wasn't happening this game. Hence the no kill suggestion. I retracted it after Fayt told me that the masons couldn't mismason.

As for ignoring your vote, Raymond, if it was Day 1, it'd be because I still haven't worked out a day one method of defending myself from an RL. If it was today, I apologize, I must've missed it.

@Snike: Uh-huh. Well, you could at least have said something instead of outright ignoring my post, right?

##Unvote Snike

@Ulki: ...cool?

@psych: You know, you already DID vote for me today. Are you even paying attention to this game at all?

So, you're both voting me without giving me anything to defend myself against. What exactly are you hoping to accomplish with that? I obviously know that I'm a traitor, and I also know that claiming traitor is worthless, as anyone not named Balcerzak would claim that. So I'm not going to claim (well, I kinda just did, but whatever).

...Really? Weapons has come forward with exactly one piece of evidence, which I've clearly explained many times, and every time, he's simply straw-manned my entire argument and repeated the same attack, again and again. He's just being hypo-aggressive and ignoring the defence I've given.

I'd been giving him the benefit of the doubt until recently, but being THAT aggressive over one thing, which isn't even much of a scumtell at the best of times and is certainly not one I'd be careless enough to make (and he knows that), makes me suspicious of both WoMC and Psychout for following. But I'd like to see other people's opinions on it - I'm presuming from their lack of voting that most people don't agree?

FINE!

##Unvote Tables

But not everyone can just say something and get rid of my votes. I'll just kill someone tonight since I can! You should listen to one of the mafias. -_-