[FE9] Draft Tourney

Ether

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Walks in eating an excel table printout*

Rhys is still available? That can't be right... Rhys and Nephenee, please.

Rhys is probably worse than Tormod if he doesn't have Physic access, which is a very real possibility for any team that failed to draft a Thief. To be honest, I'm surprised Tormod wasn't drafted earlier. Certainly, he's more useful than the likes of Soren or Ilyana, who have movement deficits and are useless lumps until Chapter 15.

Poor Ether, left without healers.

I'm surprised that Makalov hasn't been drafted yet.

I'm leaning towards a 4,at the moment.His offense is pretty sick earlygame.

I assume you mean 'sick' in a bad way, since he has no enemy phase and barely 1-rounds even with his Steel.

Edited by Slowking

he asked about the penalty for using Shinon earlygame. Earlygame Shinon has the best offense on the team aside from Titania,and this is NM,so he can get some KO's he wouldn't on HM.No 1-Range doesn't effect the fact that he is doing around better damage than most,doubling basically everything,and has crit.

Considering how small your team is going to be at that point, pumping Soren/Ilyana full of BEXP and then giving them the Master Seal makes them defintiely not useless, especially if you didn't draft Mist/Rhys.

Edited by -Cynthia-

he asked about the penalty for using Shinon earlygame. Earlygame Shinon has the best offense on the team aside from Titania,and this is NM,so he can get some KO's he wouldn't on HM.No 1-Range doesn't effect the fact that he is doing around better damage than most,doubling basically everything,and has crit.

No, he does the worst damage on the team excusing Soren. If Shinon makes a single attack every turn and kills something, and Oscar weakens one thing on enemy phase and one on player phase, they are tying. If anything, Oscar is probably winning because he can combo with other characters to finish off multiple enemies.

Shinon's crit is irrelevant. He needs to 1-round consistently just to keep up with your other characters, so if he's relying on his 36% chance to pull out a crit for his offence, he sucks even harder than I remembered.

So I think it's ridiculous to give him a 4-turn value. It's not like any earlygame chapters are even chapters on which he can save turns except C7, and even then he's underwhelming at best.

Considering how small your team is going to be at that point, pumping Soren/Ilyana full of BEXP and then giving them the Master Seal makes them defintiely not useless, especially if you didn't draft Mist/Rhys.

I always forget about early sealing... but my point still stands. Chapter 12 is hard to shave turns on if you're not Mia/Zihark/Marcia, Chapter 13 is Defend, Chapter 14 is a very quick boss kill chapter with virtually any team. Admittedly, they're awesome in Chapter 15 though. 10mt Elfires and 6 movement in desert?

Edited by Slowking

However,use for use,Shinon's attacks are more useful,considering Oscar is base level if he isn't drafted.

If people desperately want Shinon's penalty lowered to 3,I'm not vehemently opposed to it,but I'll need to hear from the participants themselves on this issue as well.

Anyway,grabbing Haar.

Well tbh I don't think picks this late will have a huge effect on turncount, so maybe we could just make his picks for him? Looking at his team I'd probably go for some lategame pre-promo as opposed to Rolf/Brom both of whom need bexp to function in a team that his heavily reliant on bexp(Mist, Astrid, Tormod, and Sothe if he wants to "fight"). So maybe Taur and Elincia?

I'm considering giving him Lucia/Bastian because he is holding us up...

Either that,or we just keep going,and he can have his picks when he gets back from what's left.He is sharing my final pick anyway,due to the number of available drafts,so these are his two last picks.