[FE9] Draft Tourney

Ether

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soren availability and can heal after promo I don't really like the other guy

and a lot of the time the loot isn't worth the few turns u go out of ur way to get

Edited by HongLei

Also,with Weapons signed up,the drafting order for tourney 2 will be:

1. Balcerzak

2. Krad

3. The Wandering Mercenary

4. Soren37

5. Weapons of Mass Construction

When will Tourney 2 begin the drafting?

Probably when Balcerzak notices and votes. I'd recommend making another topic, though, Ether.

My logic for Volke is that he's a decent enough combat unit, and with stealing + chest opening (IIRC, you don't get anywhere near enough keys for all the chests, but I'm probably wrong...), he's very useful to have compared to not having him.

Anyways... there's so many characters I feel like I need to pick at this point... Stefan and Tanith, please.

I'm inclined to say no,because they aren't forced,and you don't have them drafted,but IIRC,you need to kill Naesala otherwise...

If you can end the map without killing Naesala or talking to him,then I don't think you should be able to,although we could just have it so that you can't use the knight ring you get from him...

I'm inclined to say no,because they aren't forced,and you don't have them drafted,but IIRC,you need to kill Naesala otherwise...

If you can end the map without killing Naesala or talking to him,then I don't think you should be able to,although we could just have it so that you can't use the knight ring you get from him...

You need both Reyson and one of Ulki/Janaff though to pull it off, right? Unless you take Ulki, nobody can actually pull this off, and I think Naesala is the "boss" until he goes away. Or people have said so, anyway.

If you take Ulki, then I suppose you should get some kind of reward out of having both of them (though making people need to actually beat Naesala is a little extreme). If you don't take Ulki, I see no real reason to state that people can't use the Knight Ring or deploy those units to get rid of him.

You could, I suppose, give a -10 turn "bonus" for getting rid of him without Ulki/Janaff + Reyson deployed. Unless killing the Sonic Sword boss actually ends the chapter.

It is not necessary to kill Naesala.

That's good. Question though is if you aren't using a 10 move flying goddess + reyson, can you skirt around Naesala or is he aggressive enough/in the right position such that he'll attack and kill someone.

My logic for Volke is that he's a decent enough combat unit, and with stealing + chest opening (IIRC, you don't get anywhere near enough keys for all the chests, but I'm probably wrong...), he's very useful to have compared to not having him.

Anyways... there's so many characters I feel like I need to pick at this point... Stefan and Tanith, please.

Trust me, Volke's combat is awful. 14 ATK base is worse than even base Rolf with a forge, and with his late promotion, he's not going anywhere with it fast.

Dunno about the Chests, though. You get enough Chest Keys for all the important chests, like Full Guard and the Energy Drops and Wrath/Resolve. But many of the items are downright worthless, such as the Tomahawk/Spear/all Tomes. I'd rather focus on snatching a healer than a thief. Seriously, you get 10 Chest Key uses between Chapter 6 and 10 alone, which is probably enough to last the entire game providing you only get useful items.

The sole benefit to Volke/Sothe is Boots and getting the C15 Physic, I think (all the others are impossible to get if you're not fielding a thief anyway, and the C16 Physic is too far away to reach). Maybe the C15 Gem and Statue Frag too, depending on whether you have Jill/Marcia, but the money is almost worthless unless you're trying to forge for Rhys or something.

That's good. Question though is if you aren't using a 10 move flying goddess + reyson, can you skirt around Naesala or is he aggressive enough/in the right position such that he'll attack and kill someone.

An 8+ (or 7 with a ranged weapon) move unit can get to Homasa without entering Naesala's range (which is 9+1 from Vortex). Naesala will attack anything that's in his range, though. If you don't have a 24+ AS unit that can double Homasa, you can lure Naesala with a unit that can take two hits from 21 ATK to resistance, while 2 more units stay just outside of his range, and then move to attack Homasa during the Player Phase.

Wait, 10 chest keys?

Seriously?

:facepalm: I haven't played for too long, clearly. Volke's attack does rise quickly from 14 atk thanks to his good STR growth, and he picks up a dagger fairly quickly IIRC, then a Stilletto a little later, and 16 mt with his STR isn't too shabby against Armours. But, even so, if I knew there were that many chest keys, I probably wouldn't have bothered, and would have gotten Mist instead.

According to the site, I only counted the following in terms of obtainable keys, though I could have clearly missed some.

Ch7
Chest Key x2

Ch10
Door Key x2
Chest Key x3

Ch16
Chest Key

Ch22
Chest Key x2

Ch27
Chest Key
Door Key x2

Ulki

how big is penalty to get rid of naesala

In theory, since the chapter is probably beatable (particularly on NM, since I think on HM he is more aggressive) without losing anyone you shouldn't be allowed to field anyone you haven't drafted (outside Titania/Ike). Hence there is no "get rid of" Naesala since you can win without doing it.

My logic is the penalty with 1 hawk has only a penalty for reyson and it would probably be faster to take the penalty then fight through the crows and avoid naesalas range

Except on most maps you aren't allowed deploying non-forced characters. I'd assume that Ether will stick to the same rule for this map. While you might be happy enough to take a penalty for Reyson, that may not actually be an option.

I'm thinking of doing this:

If you want to deploy Reyson/Janaff/Ulki on the map to get rid of Naesala,you will get a 1 turn penalty for each one you don't have drafted,to allow you get Naesala to Vamoose,since the map is beatable without causing him to leave.if you then use them normally,there is a normal penalty for use(3 for Janaff/Ulki,4 for Reyson) if you don't have them drafted.

You can choose to evade Naesala all together and completely avoid that penalty if you wish.Does this sound reasonable?

Also,taking Gatrie