Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 15: Happy Birthday Esphyr!

Snowy_One

"OWWW!" Gazzak yelled falling back on the ground. "IF YOU WANNA BE MY BROTHER HOAK HOGAN, YOU WILL BE LOVER! FRIENDSHIP LASTS FOREVER, HOAK HOGAN! AND YOU WILL DO WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY RIGHT AND WRONGFULLY WRONG! TAKE BACK THE INTERCONTINENTAL BELT! TAKE IT BACK TO PARTS UNKNOWN! LOAD THE SPACESHIP WITH THE ROCKET FUEL!!!!!

HE IS THE ONE WHO DARES PUT HIS CLAWS ON THE BACK OF THE WAR-I-AH! MORE SACRIFICES IN THE NAME OF DESTRUCITY!!! *SKRONK*!" he shouted, pointing to Alferis, who was covering his ears. Reika was just staring at him, frozen with her eyes wide in horror.

"WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING GREEN JEAN!" shouted another voice, which came from another man wearing a pink headcovering on his head. "WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER, WHEN I UNLEASH THESE 24 INCH PYTHONS ON YOU DUDE?" he exclaimed in a quieter register.

"Great...two maniacs," said Alferis, leaning forward, his hands on his head.

OOC: This new guy is Gomes, the 2nd boss in FE1, 3, and 11. And he is the Hoak Hogan stand in.

Edited by Dark Sage

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm going to have those pythons mate with my yard of hardened and sharp steel." said Esphyr, her tone unemotional as she dropped back into a defensive stance with her weapon, holding it back and overhead in a scorpion-esque position as she watched him. Her tone was one that did not sound impressed at all at the mans boasting. In fact, she seemed outright turned off by it.

"After dinner, could we get moving perhaps?" Charlotte asked the various group members scattered around the inn. "I am in a bit of a hurry, and I imagine you all are tired of getting your items stolen."

'Speaking of items stolen, I have not seen the Wyrmslater around today." Morgan said glumly. "Hopefully we do not run into Helenos before we run into Jace."

"IT'S HIM! IT'S HOAK HOGAN! THE WAR-I-AH'S ARCH ENEMY! THE BISTRO HAS COOKED YOUR HOAK HOGAN! ALL THE GRAVY IN THE RISOTTO, HAS BEEN ABSORBED IN YOUR BLOOD, AND IS THE PERFECT CATALYST, FROM DESTRUCITY! THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THE POWER OF THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR, IS TO FIND AN ENERGY CUBE THE SIZE OF WYOMING, AND SEND IT INTO SPAAACCEE!"

"OK DUDE, YOU WON'T FIND IT FUNNY BROTHER WHEN I DROP KICK YOU INTO THE PIT FULL OF SNAKES AND THE LEGS OF ME SHANTY PETE'S UNCLES DUDE. BROTHER, YOU'LL BE UNABLE TO COMPETE WITH MY ARMS OF +5 GAUNTLETS OF OGRE'S STRENGTH IF YOU FOUND THE SKULL TITAN'S FIREBALLS," shouted Gomes.

"Let's just get out of here and leave these two maniacs, they clearly have forgotten about us," said Alferis, getting up, his face showing signs of agitation.

"The hell is destrucity anyway?" mused Reika aloud.

"NO! Don't say say that!" said Alf, preparing for the worst.

"DESTRUCITY, IS THE TRUCE BETWEEN ONE'S DESTINY AND ONE'S REALITY! ACCEPTING WH-"

"Oh god not again!" Alf shouted, hurrying away at top force. "Just get out of here before he turns your brain into jelly like he did with mine."

"Gah! I agree!" said Esphyr, sheathing her sword as the two men started to shout at each other in unintelligible words. "Already they're making my brain thinky thingy hurty much pain!" she said, her words slurred as she swiftly turned tail and ran away from the pair as fast as she could.

---

"Helenos? You mean the shadow maiden of the Dragon War six hundred years ago whom, along with the aid of her nation, managed to turn aside the Empire of Flame as it assaulted the draconic capitol? She who turned against her charge to serve the Lord of Azure Flame? THAT Helenos?!"

"Ugh... yeah, let's get out of here." Damian agreed, heading towards the exit. Aiya had already gotten past the two men and was headed down the hallway.

"Whew. You're lucky. I had to wake up next to him and listen to what he said," said Alferis, running with Esphyr. "He made me actually try to strangle him he's so batshit insane."

"You really should've," said Reika, catching up and passing them quickly. "If it were me, I would've just knifed him."

Edited by Dark Sage

"At least you didn't wake up to him trying to make out with you!" said Esphyr, before suddenly spitting and galking as she exited the arena. "BLECH! Why did I even think about that mental image!"

"One of them. My other is either robbing them, or walking away," said Reika.

"To be honest, I actually agree with her this time," said Alferis, running even quicker when he heard fragments of DESTUCITY and DUDE.

"And oh god my brain. I'll never sleep again," said both simultaneously, wretching.

Edited by Dark Sage

As the group exited the arena, Damian sighed. "How do people like that make it in this world?" He asked to no one in particular, before seeing Esphyr come close to keeling over from the thoughts she had stirred.

"You okay there Esphyr?" He asked, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you kidding me? They're pretty big people, they can just beat people up if they don't get their way," said Alferis, looking at Damian incredulously. "There are lots of people like that, though few are as batshit insane as those two."

Edited by Dark Sage

"Of course I know how they manage, still, it doesn't make sense that they are still roaming the streets..." Damian replied to Alferis, before Esphyr revealed the image plaguing her to the world.

Damian's eye twitched in irritation.

"Okay, that's not something I needed in my head..."

"Ok guys, I think we should head back to the inn now. I need to stop by the weapon shop quickly and then I'll be right with you," said Alferis.

"You recovered ok Reika?"

"I'm fine," she snarled, backing away. "I don't you to coddle me ok?"

"We should probably head for the inn first. The others may have a reason to stay, and a night's rest is always good anyway." Damian replied, heading towards the inn that everyone had been to earlier.

"Ok, I'll meet you back at the inn guys. Later," said Alf running off for the weapon shop. He found it and entered, catching his breath.

"Ah, you're back. Lost in the arena?"

"Yeah. It got canceled anyway. Someone murdered some of the fightmongers. Whoever he is, he's roaming around here and he'll probably go on a killing spree here."

"Thanks. The tomahawk's repaired, here you go," said the weapon smith handing it over.

"Thank you. Be careful."

"You too. Bye," said the smith. Alferis nodded and started heading back to the inn.

((OOC: I still don't get it. :sob:))

Cess:

Cess formed his magic into a thin thread this time. Like a needle, he slipped it into the hole, before wrapping it around the one orb, crushing it like he had the dummy. The then followed suit on the other, turning it upside down.

"That should work I think."

-------------------

Rita:

As the others we busy with the conflict with the arena, Rita slipped outside to the inn. She walked inside, and saw Lev and some of the others sitting down. "So what's everyone doing?"

-------------------

Pary:

"That's enough from you. You need to lie down." Pary continued to hold Morgan up with his arm, and lead her to her room.

With a small nod, Diane approached the two spheres and undid a hidden latch, seperating them so she could look inside. "Very well, a B for control. You managed to complete the objectives, but with only minor amounts of mana used. Next up, the skill test." she said before taking a seat. "I want to see the most complicated spell you can perform, plain and simple."

Morgan made a sound that resembled a sign of protest, but quickly closed her eyes and fell asleep once she hit the pillow.

"We shouldn't really be leaving until all the others get back." Charlotte replied to Altion. "Hopefully they'll be here soon."

Cess:

"Well here goes nothing." He flipped though his tome again, looking for ideas. He closed his book again, and turned towards the dummy. Glyphs began to form on the ground, before creating a star pattern. Blue flames burned at the points, before the same strands he had performed on the previous dummy, appeared on this one, only in much grander form. The strands were also coming from the ceiling in a sort of tornado-like shape. The strandscrushed the target, and the flames grew larger before coming together to hit the target from the points.

As the energy cleared, the entire dummy was gone, just the nub of the stick remaining. He turned around, and beamed. "That should do."

The Inn

After placing the bird cages down, Irina took a seat at one of the tables and went back to writing down some things. Levski sat back by Jasmine, who in the meantime had finished off the cake and was now leaning forward supporting herself with her elbows.

Lev: Me again.

Jasmine: Oh hi.

Lev: Bored or something?

Jasmine: *sigh* yeeeah. Waiting for Viv to dump that guy is boring.

Lev: What? Flowers and candy, and buying lunch isn't good enough? Heheheh.

Jasmine: He's just trying to bang her. Every guy does the same old thing where they act all humble and friendly. It gets even more obvious the closer the you get to the end of the date.

Lev: Do tell ...

She pointed over at the table where Viveka and Jerry were talking. She kept a dull expression on her face the entire time.

Jasmine: Well for starters, he's leaning forward like they all do. He wants it bad. He's also scratching himself a lot. He's so nervous it's kinda funny. Let's not forget the fact that he showed up with flowers and candy for a woman who's name he never bothered to learn until the date started. Her name isn't important, just her goods.

Lev: (It's just like Iso and Irina's mother said. They know every trick in the book, these city girls. Scary.)

Jasmine: His legs are closed like he's got business to take care of. He can't keep his hands in one place ... wow ... he can't even look her in the eyes ...

Lev: So he's just one of those ... find'em ... screw'em ... leave'em types?

Jasmine: He's not looking for anything long term or he'd take it slower and calm the heck down.

Iso finally came into the inn and got himself a drink of water from the kitchen before gulping it down and wiping his mouth. He set the cup down on a table and then headed back outside hoping to see more of the group arriving back. The sound of whinnying caught his attention, and he quickly noticed two pegasi on the roof of the inn ... doing something. It reminded him of the wyverns and their rooftop habits.

Iso: (I'm not really a mount person, but I've got to admit, flying around on Kiev in battle has always been convenient. It's a great way to maneuver around the battlefield, and closing the distance to opponents is simpler.)

"Indeed. It's more than enough." said Diane, writing down her rating. "B-. Used a traditional spell with little innovation. However, showed exempt control over the spell as well. Not bad, but could be better."

"Now for the final of the three physical tests, power. This should be easy." she said, pointing to the cabinet. "Blast that as hard as you can. Don't worry, it's warded, but still. I don't care for fancifullness or anything of the sort. Just blast it."