RIP: BB's second DS (2009-2010)

Dat Nick

Right, so the internal battery on my blue DS standard just died (ie, it wont charge anymore, the light just flashes red for a second then turns off) so that's a trip to Gamestop tomorrow. It had a dead pixel since it's birth anyway, and the Lite has better battery life, so I hear.

All the same, I'm going to miss the old girl. We went through a lot of great times together. Apollo Justice, Ace Attorney Investigations, Jake Hunter Memories of the Past, FEDS, FE3DS, even a little bit of Yu-Gi-Oh. It's like selling the car you fucked your girlfriend for the first time in; even though it's just a piece of shit car that's an outdated model, you still have an attachment for it, and it's hard to let it go.

So yeah, say a prayer for my second DS, would you? Pity she couldn't make it to '11.

Yeah...

Oh yeah, the years I'm listing are just the years it was in my possession. It was my sisters when we got it in Christmas 06, 07, I don't remember it could have been 05 even. It became mine when my DS broke in the same way because she didn't play it anymore. So yeah, a warranty is WAY out of the question.

I've only ever had one DS, a lite. The battery life leaves much to be desires and on a number of DS games closing the top causes it to make ominous crackling noises, but it works fine.

Surprised others have had so many breakages, if I'm honest. But I have seen more than one with no top screen, which saddens me.

Edited by Agent Dale Cooper

I've only ever had one DS, a lite. The battery life leaves much to be desires

15-19 hours is something to be desired?

I mean, maybe I just think that way because I never play without my adapter...

15-19 hours is something to be desired?

I mean, maybe I just think that way because I never play without my adapter...

I think you'll agree four to six is pretty subpar.

The above is the reason why this. And this is probably the reason for the above. Actual travel is kind of an occasional perk more than a design feature with mine.

I've had my orginal DS since 2005 and it still works great, although the battery life isn't as long as it used to be.

I've been using the same DS Lite since 2005 and it still works great. I'm known for taking great care of my games. All in original cases, all have their instruction booklets in tact, few scratches...the only thing I had to replace was my stylus because my sister is a freakin' chewer. But she has her own now so I don't have to worry about that.

My entire top screen on my DS is fucked. And I hate my DSi...

The top of one of my DS's (used to be my brothers) used to work fine even when one of the connectors came off, but then it started having lines with no pixels, then the image shook, then it just screwed up. Then it was like one of those TV channels with all the flickering colored dots at some parts, and at other parts. Now it just doesn't work at all.

I've also had shoulder button problems on all my DSs except that one. Goddamn. At least i can still play GBA games on it.