Each extra chapter is a stand alone mission, which you can repeat as many times as you want. There's no prep screen or anything, you just get given 4 or 5 characters on turn 1, maybe a few more later and that's it. There's also some sort of ranking, I'm not sure how that works exactly.

When can you obtain these downloadable chapters?

Right away. Someone getting the game today would simple have to start a new file, suspend, go to Extras -> Wi-fi -> Download and they'll open up the download content menu would would have episodes 1 and 2 as well as the Maturity drop.

Edited by Sirius

So how/when would this 2nd right side menu be open?

Just go to the Download option on the Wi-fi menu to get it when it's available. As for when it will be, I don't know but if the time it took for Maturity Drop (1 week after release) and Episode 2 (2 weeks after Maturity Drop) to show up is anything to go on for an estimate, that menu may become available sometime this Wednesday and if so, Episode 3 may show up 2 weeks after that menu. Just a guess, if anything shows up earlier than expected, I'll make a note of it in the information topic.

Edited by Sirius

Is there a way to play the download chapters on a DeSmuME?

Yeah, use a save of mine that has it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3snoikf3po2drag

I managed to get this working by using DeSmuME 0.96. Open up the rom and then after that go to File -> Import Backup Memory and select the file download from the Mediafire link. It worked instantly for me but if it doesn't change anything right away, restart the emulator after importing.