Team Skittles Takes The Stage

Goddamn.

I need to buy me a package of Skittles now and eat them all.

except for one each red, orange, purple, green, and yellow :awesome:

Because of their stats, or because they're being weird?

Stats. . .write-up comes later, but here's everyone's stats after Chapter 24:

Name    Class      Level  HP  Str  Mag  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res
Yellow  Sorcerer   10.39  42   6   15   10   18   11    6   18*
Red     Paladin    11.69  46  25    1   18   13   12   22    6
Orange  Sniper      9.80  50  17    1   24   19*   6   10    3
Purple  Hero       14.20  50  22    1   25   26   26   10    3
Green   Drakky     10.04  44  17    1   14   17   11   14    4
Leader  Sage        5.83  32   3   11   15   17   14    5    7

Marth   Lord       21.89  35  15    0   15   17   20    9    0
Caeda   Paladin     8.41  33  17    0   23   25   25   14    6

Keep in mind that all the Skittles started at level 1 promoted at the beginning of Chapter 24. Warp usage was necessary, but I did it in a very odd way. I also got Green to A in axes, without having to buy the Arms Scrolls in the Secret Shop (the only reason why he was able to do that was because he's a Dracoknight).

Here's how everyone's doing against their averages so far:

Yellow: Screw the averages, I'm the leader (+2 Strength, +5 Magic, +4 Resistance before the Talisman's bonus). I want to give him a hug.

Red: The only thing that's not above average is his Speed (-1). I think +4 Strength and Defense make up for it.

Orange: That's pretty close to his averages (assuming I didn't give him the Speedwings). Scary, huh?

Purple: +5 HP and Skill? No complaints here!

Green: It's like he stole a Seraph Robe and several stat boosters while I wasn't looking (the ones in Strength, Speed, Luck, and Defense). Good job!

Leader: Nothing's below average, but Skill and Speed are above average, so I'm happy.

I wrote this down because I'm about to pass out stat boosters to everyone. I'll keep track of who got what.

EDIT: All done! Used a super-stupid strategy to win while trying not to burn out all my weapons. Here's a list of who got what, stat-wise:

Yellow: 5 Spirit Dusts, 1 Secret Book

Purple: 1 Energy Drop (to max Strength)

Orange: The remainder of the Energy Drops (looks like I fed him 4)

I still have Goddess Icons, Speedwings, Seraph Robes, and a couple of Dracoshields at my disposal.

Yellow  Sorcerer   15.09  44   6   25   13   20   12    6   18*
Red     Paladin    14.09  46  25    1   20   14   13   24    6
Orange  Sniper     12.51  52  24    1   26   20*   6   10    3
Purple  Hero       17.41  53  25    1   25   26   27   11    3
Green   Drakky     14.08  45  18    1   16   17   11   16    4
Leader  Sage       10.42  34   3   13   20   20   17    5    7

Marth   Lord       22.54  36  15    0   16   18   21   10    0
Caeda   Paladin    10.35  34  17    0   25   25   25   14    6

The character with the most amusing stats wasn't a Skittle, but the stats compared to the averages was really hilarious. The MVP of this run is the Purple Skittle. Honorable mention goes to the Yellow Skittle. Red, Orange, and Green served their roles well. I'm quite happy with this team. One day, they'll face a greater challenge. . .

Edited by eclipse

My Caeda royally screwed me for STR in this run - so far, at any rate.

Question: Are these runs getting sequels when 3DS comes out?

EDIT: FE3DS, that is.

Edited by Integrity

Red might want the Speedwing.

You're right. He does decide to be a General on a horse.

Edit: Or green, if Red is still doubled by everything even after the wing.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Poor Caeda... I hate her crappy health so much. At least she didnt screw you in strength.

I was relieved to see her Strength skyrocket! As long as she has enough health to survive one hit, it will be enough.

My Caeda royally screwed me for STR in this run - so far, at any rate.

Question: Are these runs getting sequels when 3DS comes out?

EDIT: FE3DS, that is.

That's why I'm a little nervous when using Caeda. Her Strength growth means that if she's even one off her average, she's hard to use. At least her Wing Spear means that all horses and armors die a painful death (and it's forgable!).

Since Red, Yellow, Purple, and Green decided to grace us with their presence in FE3DS, you'll see a sequel. I can't stick to the rules (blame Orange and Green), but I'm sure I'll be able to pull off something. I'm also thinking of killing off the Wolfguard (or recruiting everyone but Wolf and then killing them off. . .but every time I had Orange acting like a psycho in this story, his stats refused to go up. . .so I dunno).

Red might want the Speedwing.

You're right. He does decide to be a General on a horse.

Edit: Or green, if Red is still doubled by everything even after the wing.

Red's defense (pre-Endgame) is a little higher than average, but it's not too surprising to see him pull stuff like that.

Medeus on H2 has 29 Speed, so the only ones that won't be auto-doubled are Orange and Purple. Green doesn't have the right HP/Defense combination to take it (any unit needs minimum 20 Defense and 59 HP to survive once against Medeus if their Speed cap is below 26), Yellow can deal with Medeus via Swarm, Red + two Seraph Robes can take both hits and survive, and Orange's Luck is so bad that he goes on permanent Longbow duty (that's why I fed him so many Energy Drops).

If I wanted to use these units a little more seriously, Red would get most of my Speedwings, with one possibly going to Green. The result would be a very durable, fast Paladin and Minerva+.

Oh, right, write-up.

Chapter 24

"We're finally here!"

"Is that Medeus?"

"No, you unworthy insects! It is I, Xemcel!"

"Should we care about him?"

"NAH!"

"What kind of attitude is that?! I'm the one sitting on this throne, and--HEY, CUT THAT OUT!"

"Catch."

"I SAID STOP! GUARDS, KILL THAT INSOLENT SKITTLE!"

"We can't, sir. Your butt's glued to the throne, and we can't fly."

"AAARGH!!"

"I'll keep this generic on the throne busy. You guys make sure the rest of his army doesn't get to Marth."

"Er, okay. Stay safe, Green."

".....Kale"

A little further back. . .

The woman in silver shook her head. It was an effective strategy, but it was extremely inefficient. Was this how her Skittles defeated evil? Before she could complete her thoughts, an enemy flitted through her peripheral vision (or however much she had while wearing her mask).

"Looks like the battle's afoot. I hear Dragon Steaks are good for Strength. Let's see if that rumor's true. FIRE!"

The Skittles promoted. Here's what they are now:

Yellow - Sorcerer

Red - Paladin

Orange - Sniper

Purple - Hero

Green - Dracoknight

Immediately burned an Arms Scroll on Green, so he can have fun with the Hand Axe. Reclassed the Leader to Mage, and had her hang on to her Master Seal. Said a prayer, because those Dragons are scary on this mode (hello blinky-stat generics!)

Used Warp on Orange and parked him so that he was within Longbow range of the lone Thief, then had Minerva (with her brother's keepsake) send him to the Great Beyond. Purple blockaded the mountain pass (he was the only Skittle who wasn't in danger of eating a ORKO from the Dragons). I got a lucky critical on a Sniper with Orange, which saved me a lot of time. Once the initial rush died, I parked Green within Hand Axe range of the boss, immediately north of the boss. As long as the boss doesn't die, this is a safe spot for a flying unit to harry the boss. Green missed with the Hand Axe, and continued to (mostly) miss until he built his Axe Rank to A. I didn't get as much experience from the boss as I could've, but I didn't have to buy Arms Scrolls (which meant I had 7500 extra gold to burn on other things, like staves). I had to withdraw Purple a couple of times to heal him (Caeda or Red replaced him), but he did a fine job beating up bad guys. Orange sniped with the Longbow, while his two commanders were either baiting Pegasi or helping to smack down the lone dragon that has the sense to walk around the mountain. Yellow was either patching up people or finishing off Fire Dragons, and Leader got the majority of her kills from the dragon that took the long way to my army (Boah with Thoron was really good at weakening them).

After the insane rush, I slowly killed off the enemies that didn't want to play with me (the Sniper with the Steel Bow tinked Red), then had Green fly down and give the boss a piece of his mind. It took over 100 turns to do all of this, but I think the stats below speak for themselves.

Here's the stats from a previous post:

Yellow  Sorcerer   10.39  42   6   15   10   18   11    6   18*
Red     Paladin    11.69  46  25    1   18   13   12   22    6
Orange  Sniper      9.80  50  17    1   24   19*   6   10    3
Purple  Hero       14.20  50  22    1   25   26   26   10    3
Green   Drakky     10.04  44  17    1   14   17   11   14    4
Leader  Sage        5.83  32   3   11   15   17   14    5    7

Marth   Lord       21.89  35  15    0   15   17   20    9    0
Caeda   Paladin     8.41  33  17    0   23   25   25   14    6

Endgame

"Hey, what the--why are we all split up?"

"So I don't accidentally destroy the world by having a long conversation with you, Orange."

"I can kill you in one hit, Green."

"Will the two of you save it for Medeus?"

"Yes, ma'am."

A little later. . .

"OUCH! Ah, that feels good. What--not again! What's going on?"

"I think Marth used the legendary Geosphere."

"The what?"

"The Geosphere is a wondrous item that deals damage to everyone. Why am I saying the obvious? That's your job!"

"Marth. . .how could you?"

"Relax, Purple. Look at the enemies now."

"They look like--"

".....Spinach."

"Exactly. Let's go!"

"Did Green say something that is both random and relevant?"

"Don't think about it too hard, Red. Randomness may sometimes produce greatness."

A lot later. . .

"Team Skittles? How did you make it here?"

"Through hard work and magical powers."

"YOU?! Gharnef was supposed to kill you!"

"He realized that he couldn't wield the ultimate power unless he turned himself into a princess. He didn't want to do that, so he kept me alive."

"That fool! You're not the only one that can do that!"

"You should've told him sooner. Now, my Skittles, strike!"

"I am the Yellow Skittle, leader of the Skittles and defender of the forgotten!"

"I am the Red Skittle, second in command and defender of the underleveled!"

"I am the Orange Skittle, youngest of the Skittles and defender of the trash tier!"

"I am the Purple Skittle, largest of the Skittles and defender of the doormats!"

".....Soylent Green"

"What kind of vegetable is that supposed to be?!"

"It's not a vegetable, it's--*THWACK*"

"That was disgusting. Don't ever do that again, Green."

"Miss, isn't he on your side?"

"Did she just smack Green upside the head?"

"I. . .I want to marry her."

"You're a doormat for a reason, Purple."

"You're still waiting for puberty, Orange."

"Boys, you have a speech to finish. . ."

"She's cracking her knuckles. Green, don't screw up."

"Uh, right. I am the Green Skittle, the quiet Skittle, and defender of the bricks!"

"We are Team Skittles! In the name of justice, prepare to taste the rainbow!"

"I think I'm more scared of her than the lot of you."

"We've gotta keep him busy! We don't want him to lay a finger on her!"

"How many of us can challenge him without being roasty-toastied?"

"Who said we had to get close enough to have him attack us? Railgun, GO!"

"Whose idea was it to give the least stable Skittle a railgun?"

".....Onion."

"Those push-ups paid off! I can heft this book no problem! Tropical Mosquito Attack, GO!"

"I guess I'm staying here to make sure those mosquitoes don't bite us."

"Caeda honey, are you watching? Your Hero's gonna pulverize the bad guy!"

"You wretched little brats! You haven't seen the last of me!"

"Oh yeah?"

"You're gonna challenge ME with a baseball bat?"

"This isn't an ordinary bat. This is the Home Run Bat."

"How did you get that?!"

"Family heirloom. DIE!!!!"

*KREEEE*

"AAAIEEEE! *tink*"

"Player 1 defeated! The winner is player 2!"

"Where did that voice come from?"

"That's what happens after I use the Bat."

Elsewhere. . .

"Hey, who's using my Home Run Bat? That was a gift from some guy named Ike. Wonder how he's doing?"

In Tellius. . .

"Ike, what are you doing with those bunny ears?"

"This is a memento from a prince named Marth. Wonder how he's doing?"

Long after the battle. . .

"Nope, sorry. You've still got a write-up and a character dump to do."

Sedgar, what the heck are you doing?

"The epilogue can wait. Finish this up, will ya?"

You're not a Skittle!

"That's why I can do this. I believe your next run is Lemmings On The Run Redux, and I'd like to go from random supporting cast to co-star."

Oh, fine. Promise you'll cooperate on that run!

"When have I ever let you down?"

Forged weapons:

Yellow: Sasoribi, forged Fire

Red: Longinus, forged Javelin

Orange: Railgun, forged Longbow

Purple: Decided he liked Mercurius better

Green: Silver Moon, forged Hand Axe

Leader: Blue Impulse, forged Blizzard

Put four Skittles in the northwest corner and Orange and Leader northeast.

The healers have 26 HP, which meant that two Geospheres was enough to kill them. Everything else was manageable once they were short over half their life, so it was mostly mop-up. Boah died to a Pachyderm (it was roughly a coin flip, and he called it wrong), and Purple nearly died to a miscalculation. Swarm took out the guard near Medeus and a Sniper, and the Longbow took care of the other Sniper. I warped Purple to the stairs on the left (to block the Magestoners), made Samson useful by having him stand on the stairs to the right, had Midia fly over to the eastern stairs, and had Minerva and Caeda prevent the Pachyderm and Thoron reinforcements. That meant I only had to deal with the four units that spawn near the shop. Orange and Sedgar teamed up to poke at reinforcements from Medeus' inner sanctum, while Red and Green finished off the weakened troops. The Leader and Gotoh used Fortify as necessary.

I poked at Medeus with Swarm and the Railgun until both hit, then had Purple and Mercurius stand in front of him. Medeus missed Purple, who was able to finish him off on the next player turn. The baseball bat was wishful thinking.

Final stats of everyone that survived:

Name     Class      Level  HP  Str  Mag  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res
Yellow   Sorcerer   15.09  44   6   25*  13*  20   12    6   18*
Red      Paladin    14.09  46  25    1   20   14   13   24    6
Orange   Sniper     12.51  52  24*   1   26   20*   6   10    3
Purple   Hero       17.41  53  25*   1   25   26   27   11    3
Green    Drakky     14.08  45  18    1   16   17   11   16    4
Leader   Sage       10.42  34   3   13   20   20   17    5    7

Marth    Lord       22.54  36  15    0   16   18   21   10    0
Caeda    Paladin    10.35  34  17    0   25   25   25   14    6
Sedgar   Horseman   18.17  54* 20    1   23   21    8   21    2
Wendell  Sage       20.00  32   3    9    6   16    8    5   12
Minerva  Drakky     13.68  28  13    0   10   18   10   15    3
Midia    Drakky     11.33  29  10    1   17   15    8   14    3
Wolf     Horseman   16.35  43  19    0   16   20   12   14    1
Samson   Hero       14.47  28  12    1   15   17   11   10    3
Gotoh    Sage       19.40  38   3   11   21   21   17   13   12
Jeorge   Drakky     10.20  21   9    1   13   12    6   13    3
Horace   General     6.26  35  16    1   15    8    7   19    3
Jagen    Paladin     9.57  25   9    1   13    9    3   10    6
Lorenz   General    Base everything

Lorenz?

I don't even know who Lorenz IS.

EDIT: oh fuck me you can recruit that guy?

Well I never.

Edited by Integrity

Lorenz?

I don't even know who Lorenz IS.

EDIT: oh fuck me you can recruit that guy?

Well I never.

It's pretty easy to notice that he can be recruited since he actually has luck while every enemy has 0. Sure, he only has 2 but still.

I turned Lorenz into worm food the first time around, because I didn't know any better. He was a free Silver Lance, so that's why I recruited him.

Anyway, Epilogue. . .

Epilogue

"My Skittles, you have defeated the evil that has threatened this land. For now, our work is done."

"Before we all go off to do our own things, why were those kids all the way back in the beginning so nice to me? Who was that strange woman who knew I was a Skittle?"

"Oh Orange, you have been with Marth's army the longest, yet you still haven't figured it out? Those whose minds are not fully aligned with this world can see the power of a Skittle."

"Huh?"

"Children see and understand things much differently than adults. Some adults never grow out of that child-like mind. The former is expected, and the latter is better known as crazy."

"So. . .that lady was crazy?"

"Did she sound like she was in her right mind?"

"Oh, right."

"Now that evil no longer threatens us, the power of the Skittles is no longer needed. Farewell, my brave warriors! May the rainbow watch over you!"

Six colored lights shot up towards the sky, before streaking off to parts unknown. Six equally confused soldiers stared at one another.

"What am I doing with these robes on? WHERE IS MY SWORD?!"

"When did I learn to ride a horse?"

"A bow and arrow. . .?"

"What happened to my armor?"

"I seem to have a new pet."

"Who are you boys?"

A short distance off. . .

"I'm glad that kid was able to find kids his own age to hang out with. He's been trying to grow up too fast."

"Oh, you noticed too?"

"Yes we did, Miss. . ."

"Midia. I'm here to pick up a stray soldier."

"Did your stray soldier have friends his own age?"

"I never bothered to ask."

"He seems happy enough with his new group, and the dark dragon's dead. Why not let him relax a little?"

"Just this once. Who are you guys?"

"I'm Sedgar, and the drooling idiot next to me is Wolf."

"How could you--"

"He's completely oblivious when he's stalking a woman."

"He's doing WHAT?! I'll show him!"

"Better not, or he might decide to stalk you next. Why are you staring at me like that?"

"You kinda look like my missing soldier."

"It's probably a coincidence."

Two paces away. . .

"(The hot chick was the leader of the Skittles AND Marth's sister?! SCORE! Never thought our kid would be a Skittle, though. At least he's gotten good with a bow. I wonder why I could see who the Skittles were the entire time. I guess I'm special. Glad I never told Sedgar about it. He'd think I was crazy.)"

Much later that night. . .

Sleepy sounds reverberated throughout the camp. While Marth's troops took a well-earned rest, five points of light slowly descended upon the camp. The light split into different directions before settling into five unsuspecting people.

Outside of camp. . .

"Yes, I understand. The power of the Skittles will be needed in the future. When the time is right, they'll remember who they are. I hope I will be able to guide them."

The next morning. . .

"I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamed I was on a horse, using a legendary spear to smite evil."

"I dreamed I had the power to control insects. Imagine that."

"I dreamed I was able to wield a bow that my commanders couldn't touch, and I was really good with it!"

"I dreamed I was a mighty hero, and the only one able to face a terrible evil."

"I dreamed I was flying high on a dragon."

"Think those dreams mean anything?"

"Probably not."

"I hope we meet again in the future. It's nice being around soldiers my age."

"I guess we can be friends, even if I'm from Grust."

"Don't let something as silly as borders define a friendship."

The blond mercenary and his redheaded partner waved at their newfound friends before heading off towards Port Warren. The largest of the group also waved, before walking off in the general direction of Grust.

"There you are! We're headed back to Aurelis. You ready to go?"

"Uh, well. . ."

"Worried about the kid with the green hair? His commander will be by shortly."

"It's not that. . ."

"We'll have plenty of time to talk on the road. Vyland and Hardin are waiting for us to return. I'm sure one of them has cooked up a nice batch of broccoli simmered in light cream sauce with shallots and wild mushrooms."

"You think so?"

"You might be the youngest of us, but you're no less of a soldier because of it. We wouldn't be the same without you."

"Thank you! I'll catch up soon! Er. . .where's Wolf?"

"He had a final farewell to say to his newfound 'girlfriend'. I hope this doesn't end in a restraining order!"

The kid with purple hair giggled and waved before running off after his friends.

"Daydreaming again?"

"It kept me sane in that prison cell."

"We're free now, and we need to return to Archanea. The country isn't going to rebuild itself!"

"Yes, ma'am."

The boy with the green hair took one last look at the forest clearing where they'd all met for the last time.

".....Broccoli."

"Excuse me?"

"Broccoli simmered in a light cream sauce with shallots and wild mushrooms. I think I'll try that when I get back home."

"As long as you eat your veggies. You're still a growing boy."

The Skittles have done their duty, and have been laid to rest. . .for now. What new adventures await them in the future? All we can do is watch and wait. . .and hope that four of them remember to show up when the time is right!

• 2 weeks later...

Well after Medeus' defeat

"You want me to translate myself? Fine, fine. I'm bored, and FE12 is over a year away. Here's some formatting rules, so you all don't go blind."

Chapter, statement, translation

Prologue, Papaya, "Why the hell are we introducing ourselves? She should know who we are!"

Chapter 15, Beanpole, "Brick vs. complete moron. Not a very hard choice."

Chapter 17, Lettuce, "You're uglier than Purple, and that's saying a lot."

Chapter 19, Gaggles, "I'd rather have Gaggles the Bishop leading us than you, Yellow."

Chapter 20, Broccoli, "I ate the last one, sucker."

Chapter 21, Zucchini, "The ladies like you better when you shut the hell up."

Chapter 23, 1, Cucumber, "We should be kicking this guy off the tower, not talking to him."

Chapter 23, 2, Mint, "What kind of stupid question is that?! She can make me say anything she wants! I plead the Fifth, whatever that's supposed to mean!"

Chapter 24, Kale, "This is a nice vacation spot. Have fun putting yourselves at risk, losers!"

Endgame, 1, Spinach, "Spinach."

Endgame, 2, Soylent Green, "I am the Green Skittle, and I think you look better dead."

Endgame, 3, Onion, "All the fangirls in the world won't make me put myself between me and that railgun. I'd better keep on Orange's good side."

Epilogue, Broccoli, "Didn't that kid with purple hair like this dish? I hope it's as good as he claims it is. I don't care for mushrooms."