Gen 5 First Gym Leader

Flying Shogi

Ok, I just saw an update and it seems like the first Gym Leader might be Grass type. I feel as though that the Water type is at a bigger disadvantage compared classic to Fire type starters against Rock type Gyms.

The reason being I say that the Fire type are at a more advantage position than the new Water type starter is because Rock types are generally weak in the Sp.Def which can be dealt with Ember and some Potions.

However, most Grass types learn STAB moves such as Absorb(some even have acess to Status inflicting moves) early on which can be a pain to deal with especially with those Potions that the Leaders have and the lack of Full heals and other Status curing items during early game.

What do you guys think?

Edited by UberLughFTW

Except when you had a Butterfree with Confusion.

Good times.

Yeah but Mankey is much more effective, IMO. Also takes less effort to train as he comes right before Viridian Forest and can jump into much more trainer battles. You're bound to have gone through at least a couple of battles while trying to catch Caterpie.

Yeah but Mankey is much more effective, IMO. Also takes less effort to train as he comes right before Viridian Forest and can jump into much more trainer battles. You're bound to have gone through at least a couple of battles while trying to catch Caterpie.

To be fair I didn't know there was Mankeys there at first. Granted I also didn't know Butterfree was able to learn how to mind crush other monsters.

Might be problematic for a Water starter solo if it lacks any Ice moves but otherwise, I'd expect there to be some flying type moves available early on, maybe even poison.

Let's hope so. Otherwise we're just going to be waisting time and precious EXP on it something that you might end up using as a HM Poke.

Let's hope so. Otherwise we're just going to be waisting time and precious EXP on it something that you might end up using as a HM Poke.

I didn't know earlygame experience was precious/rare.

I didn't know earlygame experience was precious/rare.

I wouldn't say it's rare but it is precious, at least IMO. I don't like wasting EXP on Pokes that I'm only going to use once so I think EXP are precious.

Edited by UberLughFTW