On Track for 20/20 units?

I've played through PoR twice now for transfers, and I'm a little more than half-way through my third PT. I don't exactly have a ton of time to play FE, as much as I love it, so this PT, I'm aiming for a lot of 20/20 units for a good RD transfer. My first PT, I only got Ike and Astrid to 20/20, which was bad. On my second PT, I got 8 people to 20/20, which is a little better, I guess.

I'm listing my characters' levels at the end of Ch. 16. I'm only listing the people who I think are viable transfer candidates at this point.

Astrid - 20/3

Oscar - 20/1

Boyd - 20/1

Ike - 20/

Soren - 19/

Mia - 18/

Zihark - 17/

Ilyana - 16/

Rolf - 15/

Jill - 15/

Nephenee - 14/

On my first PT, I didn't get anyone to second tier until Ch. 18, I think. On my second PT, I got two people to second tier by Ch. 18. This time around, I think that I'm on track to have five or six people to second tier by Ch. 18, so I hope that I'm doing okay.

I set the cut-off limit at 11 people, as I read another topic about maxed out units where people said that 13-20 was the normal limit. (I'm aiming a little low) I do have some back-up people that I could BEXP and put into action if I ended up having enough of an exp. pool to go around.

Oh, and I save all of my statboosters for Endgame, so I'll dole them out there if needed. Right now, my team is doing great in terms of stats, so no worries.

How do you all think that I'll do? Advice would be appreciated...

EDIT: I have Mist at 6/ and Rhys at 7/. Mist could possibly reach promotion by Ch. 27 if I keep stave abusing. I've been trying to give her at least one level per chapter that she's been in. I'm a little behind, but some BEXP will help. Oh, and this is on NM, BTW.

Edited by Flashpoint_1230

This is Normal mode, correct?

In C17, buy 7-8 warp staves and have your sages and Mist/Rhys/Elincia spam them every turn. They give good EXP, and there's no excuse to not get Rhys/Soren/Mist/Ilyana/Elincia to 20/20 with them.

Yeah, this is NM. Using staves is a good idea. I'm one of those people who NEVER use any other stave except Heal. I get a special staff, I toss it in the convoy. It never gets touched. I guess I never think to use them. I probably should.

Yeah, this is NM. Using staves is a good idea. I'm one of those people who NEVER use any other stave except Heal. I get a special staff, I toss it in the convoy. It never gets touched. I guess I never think to use them. I probably should.

You have all the money you could ever hope to need in this game. Use Physic and Ward a lot. Recover is good too.

*Checks Convoy*

Oh yeah...I have a Ward staff, don't I? I think I used Physic exactly once on my last PT.

Spam them. Ward gives 17 EXP a pop and I think Physic gives... 22. So yeah, do use them liberally, and try to keep your sages out of combat, so as to minimize the CEXP they leech. No BEXP for them either.

This is Normal mode, correct?

In C17, buy 7-8 warp staves and have your sages and Mist/Rhys/Elincia spam them every turn. They give good EXP, and there's no excuse to not get Rhys/Soren/Mist/Ilyana/Elincia to 20/20 with them.

warp staves? they have warp staves in this game? :blink:

ow, you mean ward staves? that'd make more sense...

I'm trying to get every single unit in the game to level 20/20 on easy mode currently. I'm not sure if it's possible since I do not want to spent 1000's of turns getting 1 xp per turn.

anyways, good luck, though I don't think you'll need it!

warp staves? they have warp staves in this game? :blink:

ow, you mean ward staves? that'd make more sense...

Yeah. I misspelled ward there. I corrected that in later posts... :/

In any case, I have been able to cheat a couple more people to 20/20 by getting that 1 EXP per fight, so it is possible.

Yeah. I misspelled ward there. I corrected that in later posts... :/

In any case, I have been able to cheat a couple more people to 20/20 by getting that 1 EXP per fight, so it is possible.

how many turns did that take?

I just abused Ena for about 15 turns, but then I got bored and killed her...

and never give Ike aether when trying to abuse with him, Ike double-aethered with a slim sword, 1 damage turns to almost 1RKO.

Note: The formatting on this is probably going to get messed up... I'll fix it later.

Well, this is a last minute check-in, just in case anyone was wondering. :) I hope I can make it. I'm on Ch. 26 (at the base), and I seem to be doing okay.

Ike

Lord
Level  HP  Str  Mag  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res  
20/11  45  22   08	21   25   17	24   13

Mist

Valkyrie
20/01  27  09   21  	08   17	17	09   19

Rolf

Sniper
20/12 34   25   08 	26   27	17	12   11

Boyd

Warrior
20/10 51   28   04 	21   19    19    15   08

Jill

Wyvern Lord
20/12 45   27   09 	24   25    11    22   11

Nephenee

Halberdier
20/07 36   19   07 	23   26    10    13   13

Mia

Swordmaster
20/08 38	22  10 	23   26	16	12   09

Zihark

Swordmaster
20/08 37   22   04 	23   27    10    13   05

Oscar

Paladin
20/09 46   20   06 	15   20    12    16   16

Soren

Sage
20/09 31   02   26 	28   23    15    05    24

Astrid

Paladin
20/17 45   24   09 	26   27	19    25   14

Ilyana

Sage
20/13 37   08   25 	21   20	21	11   27

I still have all of my statboosters left, too, and I have 5500 BEXP points. Hopefully, I'll have about 6000 BEXP points for Endgame to bolster my underleveled characters. My characters seem to be getting RNG blessed, thank goodness.

A word to the wise - never save up BEXP like you've done. The last few levels are very very expensive in terms of BEXP relative to the earlier levels, with the last few taking about 400 BEXP each. I managed to cap about 16 characters in my recent transfer run on EM, and while EM is a lot more generous with BEX and EXP, you shouldn't be as far behind as you seem now :S

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's probably a little late, but... I was able to get 12 people to 20/20. I got...

Ike - Maxed HP, Strength, Skill, Speed, Defense (S Rank Swords, A Support with Soren, B Support with Elincia)

Astrid - Maxed Strength, Skill, Speed, Defense (S Rank Bows, D Rank Axes, no supports)

Mist - Maxed Magic, Speed, Resistance (S Rank Staves, C Rank Swords, A support with Boyd, C support with Rolf, C support with Jill)

Zihark - Maxed Strength, Skill, Speed (S Rank Swords, B Support with Ilyana)

Mia - Maxed Strength, Skill, Speed (S Ranks Swords, A Support with Ilyana)

Ilyana - Maxed Magic, Skill, Speed, Resistance (S Rank Thunder, B Rank Staves, A Support with Mia, B Support with Zihark)

Soren - Maxed Magic, Skill, Speed, Resistance (S Rank Wind, A Rank Staves, A support with Ike)

Boyd - Maxed HP, Strength, Skill, Speed (S Rank Axes, A Support with Mist, C Support with Titania)

Rolf - Maxed Strength, Skill, Speed (S Rank Bows, C Support with Mist, C Support with Shinon)

Oscar - Maxed Strength, Speed (S Rank Lances, E Rank Bows, C Support with Tanith, C Support with Kieran)

Jill - Maxed Strength, Skill, Speed, Defense (S Rank Lances, C Rank Axes, C Support with Mist)

Nephenee - Maxed Strength, Skill, Speed (A Rank Lances, no supports)

Pretty good transfer run, if you ask me. Well, except for the fact that I didn't really care about supports, and I didn't get Jill's axe rank very high.

Well, it's probably a little late, but... I was able to get 12 people to 20/20. I got...

Ike - Maxed HP, Strength, Skill, Speed, Defense (S Rank Swords, A Support with Soren, B Support with Elincia)

Astrid - Maxed Strength, Skill, Speed, Defense (S Rank Bows, D Rank Axes, no supports)

Mist - Maxed Magic, Speed, Resistance (S Rank Staves, C Rank Swords, A support with Boyd, C support with Rolf, C support with Jill)

Zihark - Maxed Strength, Skill, Speed (S Rank Swords, B Support with Ilyana)

Mia - Maxed Strength, Skill, Speed (S Ranks Swords, A Support with Ilyana)

Ilyana - Maxed Magic, Skill, Speed, Resistance (S Rank Thunder, B Rank Staves, A Support with Mia, B Support with Zihark)

Soren - Maxed Magic, Skill, Speed, Resistance (S Rank Wind, A Rank Staves, A support with Ike)

Boyd - Maxed HP, Strength, Skill, Speed (S Rank Axes, A Support with Mist, C Support with Titania)

Rolf - Maxed Strength, Skill, Speed (S Rank Bows, C Support with Mist, C Support with Shinon)

Oscar - Maxed Strength, Speed (S Rank Lances, E Rank Bows, C Support with Tanith, C Support with Kieran)

Jill - Maxed Strength, Skill, Speed, Defense (S Rank Lances, C Rank Axes, C Support with Mist)

Nephenee - Maxed Strength, Skill, Speed (A Rank Lances, no supports)

Pretty good transfer run, if you ask me. Well, except for the fact that I didn't really care about supports, and I didn't get Jill's axe rank very high.

congrats.

Though I have to ask, if you bothered forcing Ilyana to cap speed, why not force other things like Mist's strength or Mia's defence? Those are both pretty easy to cap since they only take a few resets at a time. Z, too. Anything above 20% is pretty easy to cap. Particularly things as high as 35% (Mist's str growth). To get one point, on average, only takes 3 resets.

Well, I hadn't really planned on raising Mist at all, so I didn't even think about it until very late in the game. I basically stave abused with Mist, and I didn't use any BEXP, so her level ups were completely natural. So she only had 13 Str. @ 20/20. Her skill was pretty pathetic, too (somewhere around 12, I think). She kept gaining luck, magic, speed, and res, so I wasn't complaining. Her luck stat was ridiculous, somewhere above 30.

I didn't care too much about the swordmasters. The only thing that was important to me was for Mia to cap strength. Pretty much everyone capped str., skl., and spd., which were the important ones to me. Anything else was like a freebie bonus.

Oh, and I found out that I have an old copy of RD.