FE8 Hints & Secrets

TornZero

I found this on Gamefaqs, and it works.

Infinite Secret Books (NOTE: Can only be done BEFORE you enter Darkling Woods):

1. Enter the Lagdou Ruins.

2. Retreat from the Ruins and make sure you save.

3. Reset the game and re-enter the Lagdou Ruins. The first Wight to your east should be carrying a droppable Secret Book.

You can use this trick as many times as you wish. Resetting the game after the Secret Book is obtained is not required.

Thanks. I'm not too sure about its usefulness though.

As you stated, it's only usable before Darkling Woods, which is a little limiting. Also, after the main story, you can buy infinite Secret Books (as opposed to Swiftsoles, which can't bo bought). (Okay, you need to pay, but it's pretty easy to get gold.)

Wouldn't this be time-comsuming, too? I mean, I like the prospect of it- I just wonder what'll happen when your weapons begin to run down, and you don't have any more. It's not like you can revisit the arenas. I realize that most people just use Iron weapons, but still, even those run down.

I will try the glitch next time though.

I was wondering: What if it's not a glitch? What if the game is progammed to have the Wight carry a Secret Book every time the circumstances are fulfilled. Just a theory.

Vincent: That's how I get all the money I use for the stat-boosters. I can say that the usefulness isn't very much other than getting the money.

sacaendruid: I guess it would take up alot of time to do it more than once.

It could probably be programmed into the game to be like that.

--------------------------------

The main reason why I posted here again: I don't know if anyone has found this out yet, but I was playing my game last night and I found out a way to restore items to full uses using the Mine Trick v.2 without the risk of a Gorgon hatching and using the Dragonstone or dark magic (If that's what you're restoring) or attacking and dying so it can't give you the items back.

1. Find an enemy with a droppable item.

2. Use the Mine Trick v.2 and make the enemy with the droppable item take an item (The one you want restored) out of your supply as its last item.

3. If you can still attack with the enemy and end up getting it killed, then do it. If not, end the enemy's phase and kill it with your own unit.

4. The item it drops should be the one you want restored, and it will be at full uses again.

I tested this with Myrrh's Dragonstone (25 uses left) on a Wight who was able to drop a vulnerary and I got my Dragonstone back after it was killed with full uses. It takes a small amount of more time to restore ALL the items you want done, but IMO, it's not worth the risk of a Gorgon using the Dragonstone.

Yeah, that's an alternative way. The only bad thing is that droppable items are kind of random, but you're bound to have at least one enemy with one, so it's not so bad I guess.

The Gorgon Egg method is more risky, but since you can repair 4 items in one go, it's good for lazy people (like me ^^;;;). Also you have at least one turn to obliterate the Gorgon, which is plenty of time if you're prepared.