dub vs sub: higurashi no naku koro ni

aizengard

thought i would start some dub vs sub topics of anime.

i thought i would start with higurashi no naku koro ni (or when they cry).

i found out a lot of people hate the dub of this anime for it being so close to the original but isnt that what most people hate about dubs in the first place?

i liked how close to the original it was but was not a big fan of the dub actors.

ill say i liked the sub beter for the acting a sakoto's english va wasnt in it.

Is this gonna be like a series or something?

This is one of somewhat few I'd say sub on. In the dub a good deal of the main characters (specifically Keiichi, Rika, and Satoko) were miscast and ended up sounding bad to horrible. The twins and most of the supporting cast were fine, though not good enough to save it overall. My only hope is that FUNi re-dubs it now that they have it like they did with Initial D.

Is this gonna be like a series or something?

This is one of somewhat few I'd say sub on. In the dub a good deal of the main characters (specifically Keiichi, Rika, and Satoko) were miscast and ended up sounding bad to horrible. The twins and most of the supporting cast were fine, though not good enough to save it overall. My only hope is that FUNi re-dubs it now that they have it like they did with Initial D.

I thought the same thing and what makes it worse is that i dont like Mion and Shions va that much but liked them in this.

i thought about making this a series not sure yet.