Pokemon Dream World

IntegerZero

Read the topic title. A new part of pokemon has been added. Dream World. It allows all pokemon to get new abilities it couldn't previously get.

Link:

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldabilities.shtml

Discuss how this is going to completely change the Meta-game. Seriously.

Quick! Tell me, between a Speed Boost Blaziken and an Infernape with Iron Fist or Blaze, which would you choose?

Also, Sturdy now sort of works like a Focus Sash. I'd like to remind you all that Skarmory has that, though it also helps Aggron better utilize his Metal Burst attack. Also, Alakazam with Magic Guard. That, and with the new boosts to weather effects, expect to see a bit more Air Lock and Cloud Nine action. Lulz thing about Lickilicky, but it's a pretty huge thing for Altairia (Flying/Dragon most likely switching in on Water/Ground/Fire. Hail being so rare in comparison, Altair's gonna be a great way to shut down the opponent's weather control).

Also to come out of the Dreamworld though is some trollish stuff on top of it.

-Seaking got Lightning Rod. I know Lightning Rod is actually useful now what with it making the pokemon immune to electric and getting a Sp. ATK boost from it, but it's still hilarious.

-Delibird got Insomnia, even though it already had Vital Spirit...

-Electrode got Aftermath, in case you thought Explode with Electrode's speed wasn't enough of a clowning maneuver.

Quick! Tell me, between a Speed Boost Blaziken and an Infernape with Iron Fist or Blaze, which would you choose?

-Electrode got Aftermath, in case you thought Explode with Electrode's speed wasn't enough of a clowning maneuver.

Speed Boost Blaziken. By far. Infernape can suck it.

LOL Electrode. Now it can just come in and just massively troll something.

Aside of those named already, Breloom with Technician could be very interesting with its Mach Punch. I'm not sure if it's going to do better than Scizor but it has potential.

Emboar's Reckless ability is also interesting when you consider his moveset : it learns Flare Blitz and Head Smash naturally. Of course you'd need the speed to pull off that attack without dying first, but once you have it, it's going to hurt a lot.

Another weird combination I saw is the new jellyfish family getting Damp : it's already Ghost type. Aren't Explosions just going through them already?

Edited by Medeus

Aside of those named already, Breloom with Technician could be very interesting with its Mach Punch. I'm not sure if it's going to do better than Scizor but it has potential.

Mach Punch hits a hell of a lot more targets SE then Bullet Punch, and Breloom can Spore you to boot.

We're probably going to see a LOT more weather teams, especially if Politoed and Ninetales aren't thrown into ubers. We have a lot of pokemon with hydration, including Vaporeon, meaning he can get a full recovery for free under rain along with being immune to status, and to boot he can hit with powered up Surfs when raining.

And then there are pokemon that can screw up weather. Altaria with its Dream World Cloud Nine ability can come in and stop weather and he's got good enough bulk and typing to do it (Apparently Cloud Nine now completely stops weather, not sure if this is 100% confirmed yet though).

Solar Power Charizard might see some use too, depending on if Stealth Rock still rules the metagame or not.

Looking at the new abilities that have been translated, Jaroda's new ability seems extrremely awesome. Basically, it switches the stat changes around.

With Leaf Storm that means an increase of two Special Attack levels each time it is used.

Considering its great speed and good defenses, this should be interesting.

Edited by Medeus

Blissey just keeps getting better.

She can heal her teammates status randomly. Breakable armor is stupid and unnecesary and regeneration slowbro will be awesome depending on how much hp regenerated.

Nobody mentions how Eccentric actually makes Ditto viable?

Indeed, possibly the best revenge killer for now with a Choice Scarf facing only a 50% chance of going first if the opponent is also scarfed. I guess we'll see much less pokes carrying moves they're weak against (like Close Combat Lucario).