[FE11] (h3!) Drafting Tourney V

Integrity

credits to nah it isn't even worth it anymore

I decided I wanted to run a drafting tourney for FEDS, except I want to do it on a Hard Mode instead of NM. I'm leaning Hard 2 or 3 but I'm open to suggestions.

Rules will be:

- slightly less tentatively Hard Mode 3

- No Forging

- No Warping (ooooooooh)

- Undraftees are allowed to shop and meatshield without weapons.

- Nothing WiFi

- Marth, Jagen, and the Final Chapter Nukes are freebies

Drafting will be a pool of 5, ordered at random, picking 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, repeat.

To reiterate: you don't select your place in the order.

[spoiler=the lucky ones]Bantu

Arran

Tiki

[spoiler=the peeps]1: eclipse: Abel, Julian, Hardin, Gordin, Radd, Darros, Boah, Matthis, Elice, Lorenz

2: Mist: Caeda, Cord, Bord, Wolf, Palla, Linda, Xane, Dolph, Jeorge, Samson

3: Integrity: Barst, Lena, Castor, Catria, Navarre, Etzel, Rickard, Midia, Maria, Est

4: Joey: Cain, Sedgar, Wrys, Minerva, Athena, Jake, Roger, Beck, Ymir, Tomas

5: General_Horace: Ogma, Merric, Draug, Wendell, Caesar, Vyland, Horace, Roshea, Macellan, Astram

I know some of you want to get a HM draft done :awesome:

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also another question: I'm not familiar with the whole drafting tourney thing but shouldn't thieving utility be allowed even if you have no thieves on your drafted team or does that result in a penalty if I were to use thieves to unlock chests even if they weren't drafted?

The only thing that would need opening before having a thief would be Rickard's cell, and you get a key last chapter. All the chapter 6 chests get looted by thieves, and after chapter 6 Marth has the emblem.

Though I'm interested in how not having Frey and Norne will do to character count.

@Joey, JB: I'm open to H3 and mild forging.

Psych: If I count correctly, we'll each get 10 units with three left over. This strikes me as...odd, considering Tourney 3 had five teams of 11 with two left over okay wtf is going on with the list here.

EDIT: Any way I slice it, it's 53 characters. To have 5x11 with two left over, you'd need 57. 53 + Norne and Frey isn't 57.

EDIT2: eh, seems Tourney 3's list is a little screwy and that was my base. We have 53 units, each person gets a drafted team of 10. Either we're going to have 3 leftovers or we're going to agree on certain limits - or Gotoh/Nagi are added to the draft pool.

Edited by Integrity

Just checked, and that's cause 2 people have a team of 10 instead of 11. >_>

I say you could just drop Arran, Samson, and like.....someone else. Or just leave the last three people not drafted out.

Well that makes sense.

I wouldn't be opposed to taking Arran and Samson out and leaving...say, Elice free for everybody cause she doesn't do much anyway.

Well given that you and Joey have both expressed distinct interest in H3 over H2, I'll make the official switch now. It's an H3 tourney now, folks. THE ANTE IS SET.

EDIT: Be sure to state specifically if you're taking a slot since I'm a little too generous about extrapolating and I don't want to sign anybody up who didn't volunteer. Horace is a definite and Joey I reserved a slot for cause I like the guy and he seemed mostly definite.

Edited by Integrity

I don't care if I die, I'm SO signing up!

EDIT: If you want a freebie, make someone like Tiki or Bantu free. Elice is too damn useful in this type of tourney.

Edited by eclipse

I would say just leave the remainders undrafted, they aren't gonna be used anyway.

EDIT: And what's the ruling on Gaidens? Are they like the last drafts, where you have 20 turns to complete, and don't count towards the turncount, or are they like legitimate chapters. And are they optional if they are counted in the tourncount?

Edited by General_Horace

SWEET! Free weapon EXP chapters!

Erm. . .ahem. I mean, thank you! Certain gaidens are easier to complete in 20 turns than others. . .*glares at 17x*

It also means it's possible to get the Longbow and Poleaxe and still maintain a nice turn count on Chapter 17.

Mist makes 5. Amusingly, he signed up not minutes after I turned this machine off. I'll random the order nnnnnow.

EDIT:

Too visually pleasing to be random, but it was. Eclipse, you're first draft. Then it's Mist, me, Joey, Horace.

gogogogo

Edited by Integrity