That One Guy Who Sprites

Nanami Touko

Ouch. That almost hurts.

Oh well. I did proclaim myself to be a cocky arse, so, eh :P

I don't think there's anything wrong with the left side of his face, but I'll give you under it. I'm having trouble with that area and am not quite sure what to do :/

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Critique is nice to listen to ... esp since Kanami gives such detailed and good critique. Though when your say AK or TBA level maybe then you can go "pfeh" to critique"Levin's face does look off, maybe his eyes are too be to be him. Since your doing the older version of him right? older fe men tend to have smaller eyes and more shading under the eyes.

Edited by TheReaper

It was rude, but it was also rude of her to call it something that a newb spriter would make. I consider myself better than that, and I took offense to her comment.

I respond to rudeness with rudeness.

Edited by seph1212

Ouch. Even if the body doesn't look that good, the hair does :/

And, don't "bby" me. I've had to put up with more crap than this over the internet, so if you honestly think her comments are insulting to me, you're hilariously wrong XD

I'm just trolling you gaiz

________

Oh, yeah, I didn't answer you earlier up. It's supposed to be based on the FE5 version of him, not his older version, though, technically they're the same, I like the look of the FE5 one more.

Edited by seph1212

newlevin.gif

Happy now, gaiz? Like, seriously, I'm lost with what to do with it now. I think it looks fine, Kanami thinks it looks like newb work, Reaper can't spell "baby" and Dancer thinks the ponytail needs shading work.

Help?

Levin's hair shading near his ponytail could also use a small bit of fixing.

This... Really doesn't help me fix it, as I don't know what to do to fix it. Specific, please?

Hmm, let's see if I can be more specific...

Right behind his ear there is a line that I feel shouldn't be there. Also looks a bit blocky where the ponytail is created. Like the transition doesn't look right.

Sorry that I'm a bit vague, not the best describer(if that's a word?).

Circle time

levinfix.png

On the lower part of the pony tail it seems like the hair is just really flat, shading in the bottom half needs to be less liney, Start of the pony tail seems too stacked with the shading so it doesnt look as though it flows. The eye is lacking shading near where ive circled it on the more to the left. The right hand side of the face OPV, is also too line shaded which makes his face look really straight. Also the shading circled in the collar is too dark in places and the 2nd shade is stacked again.

Finally! Critique I can understand! Someone's actually pointing out where the problems are! Thank you, Reaper

newlevin.gif

Did I win? Finally? I'm not sure how to unflatten the hair you circled, but I tried.

Progress?

In other news, random splices from my stream today:

randomsplicesgo.gif

You can critique them if you want, though I dunno if I'll ever go back to work on them. I'm liking the one on the left more than the right, though.

Edited by seph1212

The ponytail still looks a little blocky. Maybe try stealing the ponytail off of Pent? Or at least use it as a reference.

And those two splices look okay. I can't find anything immediately wrong with it, but since you said that you aren't gonna get back to work on those I'm not gonna bother looking real closely.

I knew it looked familiar!

On the (our) left side of the ponytail, the lightest shade just looks out of place.

Give me a minute and I'll circle it for you.

i4o028.jpg

Edited by Camtech086

I think the pony tail looks slightly odd since it usually sits on Pent's shoulder but your Levin is abit taller than that. Maybe bring it down a couple of pixels so it actually rests on his shoulder

Myes well i think its certainly better. It falls better on him and all. Palettes suck balls..Could you do a custom palette of him maybe? Clothing could be used LaRachels or maybe even proto Moulder if you want it darker white