Lumi's Spritastic Coffeeshop.

Thor Odinson

Quick update before I lose tablet/internet access since I'm in school.

Borrowed tablet from the art teacher for my free periods. Pimped the hair and fixed a few minor things.

24fin0g.jpg

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you even know what Gyazo does? It take a screenshot of a selected area then automatically uploads it.

And all the programs that are capable of pixel art I even have are PS Elements 6, PS CS3, and PS CS4. What other program?

I mean...

C+P layer->Open New File->Save as PNG->Upload to Tinypic/Imageshack/Photobucket/whatever->Paste link

vs

Open Gyazo->Select Area->Paste link.

So much time saved at the expense of only a little saturation.

Apparently it only blurs when I tab to Firefox before it's processed.

vqnukh.jpg

HOKAI

Finished piece.

Fuck FE10 cloaks I can't find a SINGLE one that fit

and I had to hand-reshade Marcia's armor because turning red to white is a bitch otherwise

but oh well

Green:

jill.png

FE10 skin shading is pretty light. Any darker and it will turn into a Lumi-style high-contrast CG. bangs and forehead are directly taken from Jill. Changed haircolor, but not the forehead part. I think I trust IS more than I trust your opinions.

Blue: well what am I supposed to click there with? Pencil? I'm not a masochist.

ANYWAY

UPDATE

10eo2l0.jpg

Lumimug's hair was too stiff, and I wasn't happy about the face, so I remade that.

Don't go all Lyn on us and lose 9 AS from using that thing.

Is that supposed to be her just standing, because if it is, that cape shouldn't be floating like that ._.

It's really good, despite that one physics issue.

I never said it was a standing frame, it's just one frame out of many to go. I don't even know what the actual standing frame is. It's just a pose that came up in my head and for all that matters it could be frame 44 or something. One still that I made at four in the fucking morning while running on willpower and caffeine at any rate.

I also intend to use the str->AS patch in my hack so con becomes useful for only rescuing people.

• 2 weeks later...

LumiFE10Critique.png

Green: Not shaded there D:

Blue: Looks like you accidentally clicked here with the brush tool.

Looks pretty clean everywhere else.

Green - I'm not really sure that part necessarily matters that much because I think the armor is raised enough so that the shade wouldn't really reach there, so that where the shade reaches would be covered by the armor piece.

But yeah I agree the part in the blue does look like it mighta been an accident.

Hokai.png

Here though ( ;_; looks like I made that line too close or something cause now the outline seems hard to see... but I'm sure you get it anyway). I think I'd recommend you try blending in this outline some. In FE10 sprites usually the only bit that gets that dark is the very outer outline and blending them would make them seem more like they're supposed to be next to each other.

Guest Wen Yang

At first glance I actually mistook his shoulder plates as bare shoulders. laugh.gif

Probably make the trim stand out a bit more?

Trim makes me qq.

Time to reference Astra~

Wen, since I am using a trimmed down version of this sprite in a GBA hack I can't make the shoulders any wider or he won't fit. Oh well. But yeah, I know what you're talking about.

Trims are easy, Lumi. Just anti alias both side of the trim when it touches something else.

Use mostly 1st, 3rd and 4th skin tone to shade, it's okay to pillow. And 2nd tone usually makes your trim pillowy, so just you use it where the light doesn't come.

Yay crappy CnC~