What would you like to see in a new FE

Well, the GBA FEs (and FE9 as well, I'd suppose) have big casts and everyone has a personality thanks to Supports even if half of them have little impact in the storyline. Also, FE4 and FE5 don't even have Support conversations and most people still have a personality, even if some of them still are painfully bland.

No, having ~50 units is not a problem, the earlier FEs just had a simplistic script and the remakes did very little to improve that. If they actually produce a new game that is not a remake someday, all they need are Supports. Or something like FE4, I certainly wouldn't mind that as well.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I'm tired of telling people this, but...

FE12 has about as many units as FE10, and they ALL have personalities and many of them of have very interesting personalities/stories. Not to mention the fact that they added about twenty chapters which really are just for character/story development.

Man, I'm tired of telling people this, but...

FE12 has about as many units as FE10, and they ALL have personalities and many of them of have very interesting personalities/stories. Not to mention the fact that they added about twenty chapters which really are just for character/story development.

Well, since the game wasn't released in the West yet and I don't speak Japanese, I was mainly basing my opinion on FE11 (where half of the cast is as interesting as a rock). But good to know!

Edited by Axie

You know would would be neat IMO? If shops in different areas had different prices for everything. Like in Location A Steel Sword costs 670G, and in location B it costs 630. Like in real life.

Well, the GBA FEs (and FE9 as well, I'd suppose) have big casts and everyone has a personality thanks to Supports even if half of them have little impact in the storyline. Also, FE4 and FE5 don't even have Support conversations and most people still have a personality, even if some of them still are painfully bland.

No, having ~50 units is not a problem, the earlier FEs just had a simplistic script and the remakes did very little to improve that. If they actually produce a new game that is not a remake someday, all they need are Supports. Or something like FE4, I certainly wouldn't mind that as well.

Most of my experience is with the SNES FE's (Although I'm working through the GBA ones), so I see where you're coming from. FE4 generally does have some characterisation, although guys like Noish and Delmud seem fairly hollow ( the nature of the second generation makes it difficult for them to develop). FE5 has the Fiana Braves nicely developed, but Ronan and the like didn't get too much. A line from him in Chapter 2x wouldn't have been asking for too much (after all, pirates did plunder where he lives). The GBA's supports are a step up, but a few of them aren't amazing (Clarine and Rutger, Alan and Lance).

I haven't had the chance to try either DS title, but if character development's gone up in the 2nd it can't be a bad thing.