How did you stumble across Fire Emblem?

Weisspraline

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend showed me FESS. Then I played SSBM and read that Roy and Marth were FE characters. Let's just say I've been a huge fan since, considering I could tell my friends everything about Marth and Roy's actual fighting styles, their weapons, other Lords, etc. XD

I got my old co-worker hooked on Fire Emblem

He bought a Wii (because of me) and he wanted to know what games were out and, of course, I suggested FE. I also told him to start with PoR for story and because it's a little simpler to build up to RD, but he got RD anyway because it was for the Wii. He hasn't stopped talking about it since. His girlfriend even told me (in a joking kind of way) "why did you tell him to get fire emblem? that's all he does now is play it" I just told her "damn right, it's that good of a game"

I also told him about the other FE games, but I'm not sure if he's gotten them

That's one more FE fan out there, thanks to me :D

I got my old co-worker hooked on Fire Emblem

He bought a Wii (because of me) and he wanted to know what games were out and, of course, I suggested FE. I also told him to start with PoR for story and because it's a little simpler to build up to RD, but he got RD anyway because it was for the Wii. He hasn't stopped talking about it since. His girlfriend even told me (in a joking kind of way) "why did you tell him to get fire emblem? that's all he does now is play it" I just told her "damn right, it's that good of a game"

I also told him about the other FE games, but I'm not sure if he's gotten them

That's one more FE fan out there, thanks to me :D

Here's a medal.

*takes medal* thank you. I will do my best to spread the word of this great series. Like butter on toast

Back in the summer of 2006 I heard some things about Fire Emblem, probably from SSBM (although at the time I had not yet unlocked Marth or Roy), and I found a used copy of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, so I decided to get it.

Then I unlocked Marth and Roy with my roommate's help in the fall, and then I decided to get Path of Radiance, and the rest is mythology.

I first heard of it in SSBM as well, I thought it looked cool, but I didn't really care for it much then. When FE7 came to the US, I was so excited, but then I learned that it didn't have Roy, so I suddenly lost interest. Then years later...I got a Nintendo Power issue and flip through the pages and saw Soren and Naesala, and thought it was so cool. Right then and there I wanted to play it. And now I have devoted myself to Fire Emblem (and Pokemon). I kinda hold a sentimental value towards Fire Emblem ....

(I'm weird)

• 7 months later...

I read about FE7 in Nintendo Power (I thought it was the first one that time though). My sister started playing it. Eventually, I started playing it too since I'm a big fan of RPGs and Strategy games. Years later, a very nice and generous guy decided to email me the English patches of FE3-5. I started to play them and now I can't emphasize on how grateful I am to that one guy.

I actually remember reading about it in a magazine once, and was all 'Huh.' Along comes Melee, and when I found out Marth was going to be on the roster I was all 'what in the hell is this game?'. (I actually remember thinking that Saria was going to be playable in Melee just from looking at that poorly done thumbnail image on the Melee website.) So then I heard FE7 was coming out, so I dove for the stores, bought the game, popped it into my GBA, and I've been addicted ever since.

My friend introduced it to me. We all play now. I started with FESS, and then went to FETBA, and then FETSOS.

This topic has been dead since May of last year. Please avoid reviving topics that have been dead for more than two months, thanks.