Ch.7E "Cog of Destiny" Strategy

sacaendruid

Strategy  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is your strategy when you are on this chapter?

• One moving group conquers all
    • Two groups; one to defend and one to move toward Linus/Lloyd
    • Three groups; one to defend; one to move; and the other to wait for Vaida
    • I have no idea what strategy means.
    • I have no strategy whatsoever for this chapter.

So, my strategy is the third one with a variation. I am currently working on it now.

Group One is my Elite Group. It consists of 20/6 Lyndis, 16/6 Serra, 16/0 Lucius (support Serra), 15/1 Guy, 20/5 Rebecca, 20/2 Matthew. They head for the three Forts in front of the Shrine. Guy will visit the shop.

Group Two is my Defenders Group. It consists of 4 Ninian, 20/5 Erk, 19/2 Oswin, 16/2 Canas, and ?/4 Hawkeye ( I brought him in because I had no one better and I hate Jaffar). The name is pretty self-explanatory.

Group Three is my Waiting/Transfer Group. It consists of 16 Eliwood, 16 Fiora, 16/4 Hector, and 20/6 Florina. This group splits into half (guess how? by supports). Hector & Florina go to Lloyd/Linus to help out, and Eliwood/Fiora go to wait for Vaida and hope you don't overshoot. Which only happened once, okay?!

I don't really expect anyone to respond to this, it's just that it's 2:08 in the morning right now and I need to kill some time.

Where I live, it's only 11: 12 PM. I usually leave a group behind to wait for Vaida which includes the person who can talk to her and deal with the knights in the middle of the map.

The rest of my team, I divide into two groups. One goes near the village to the bottom left. The other goes to the upper right.

My strategy is four groups.

The lords behind.

Usually one unit such as Oswin or Priscilla North.

Some axe users northwest. Nino as well if I have her.

Others to the left. Fliers usually to the left as well.

Florina solo's it to the far West to the village, while Raven and Priscilla goes West also. After going to the village, Florina will double back and join with Raven, Priscilla, Lyn and Nino.

I send Rebecca and Dart North.

Main Lord stays back to recruit Vaida, if I haven't killed her. Main lord stays back to take out the Wyvers Knights anyway.

Oswin, Nino, Lyn, Serra (all she does is heal, if needed), and the other Lord who isn't the main Lord all go North-West. From there, Nino and Lyn take the route just South of the mountains and meet up with Raven, Priscilla and Florina, while Hector/Eliwood and Oswin make their way between the mountains, eventually meeting up with Rebecca and Dart.

After this, they all head towards the front of the shrine, taking out the enemies behind it. Then Nino charges Lloyd and kills him.

End.

Am I the one who makes the most groups here? -

Florina

Raven

Priscilla

Rebecca

Dart

Main Lord

Nino

Lyn

Oswin

other non-main Lord

Six groups, two compromise of a single unit. Crikey.

I have 3 groups. Main Lord stays behind to recruit Vaida and to make sure they don't hog Exp. as they're probably at lv. 20. If it's in Eliwood's story I leave someone to help him, if it's Hector's, then only Hector stays there. Then I have a group going west and group going north.

Well, my three teams are usually split but I just count them as three. I don't think I can beat Raven, though...

Lord & Supporter

Lord & Supporter

Axe User, General, Sage/Mage, Swordmaster/Assassin, Druid

Lord & Supporter, Sage, Classed Up Healer, Sniper, and something else. I don't remember.

I like using the generic tags because then I can fill in with whomever I want. Except for the Druid.

3 groups... Ussually send Lyn and a bow user north east to deal with the mounted units

Swordmasters, assassins, to the West

and I have what ever lord I just promoted, a hero/general/;beserker/warrior to defend the double bridge

Magic units support from behind

I usually send Hector/ Eliwood (whatever the playthrough I'm going through) to stay behind. And 2 other units that are high leveled behind to take care of the Wyvern reinforcements because I'm a noob that likes to arena abuse.

Then I just send 3 groups - one west, one northwest, and one north.

On my last run-through on HHM, there was bunch of shitload Magic users with long-range tomes as well as effect staffs. Thats why I'd split myself in each 3 different groups so that each of the group would have a Restore Staff and Heals just in case if my units ever get screwed with them.