I've been listening to the music in the older Sonic the Hedgehog games

Freohr Datia

And this is not the first time I thought this but my brother found some pc discs for older Sonic games and found out if he put them in his PS3 he could play all the tracks. So we've been listening to them.

And I'm guessing that the same goes for all others too, but listening to these has made me and my brother realize that music in older video games are much much better than they are now. They just sound so much cooler and it seems people tried harder to make the music sound complicated than they do now. Now the music is often just playing songs that were already written by famous bands/artists.

Who else agrees? Who has music proving otherwise? Like, I play Fire Emblem and The Legend of Zelda and I know they sound completely awesome, but it seems that music in Sonic the Hedgehog are more complex than the music in those games.

And I also love listening to it because it reminds me of the good old times. =D I do have a Sonic CD for the gamecube but I can still play it on the Wii and so I do that sometimes. I laugh so hard though because I've definitely lost my touch. XD I used to be soooo much better at Sonic the Hedgehog when I was, what, 5 or 6 years old? :lol:

Ooh ooh!!! As for one I think sounds really complex (though it is done on keyboards/synths, still)

This one probably isn't one of the most complex but I just really like this song lol. Maybe The Doomsday Zone?

I think it's called Starlight Zone from the original Sonic is great, one of my favourites.

Also, My VGM playlist

It... looks like a lot of songs don't work any more. My list fell into disrepair a few months ago. But it's a collection of lots of great VGM songs.

Anyway, I agree completely as this probably hints. Loads of video games have classic tracks, but very few newer games do. That list I think is about 2/3rds SNES and Mega Drive era.

Edited by I Eat Tables

That just sounds kind of corny to me, but then again the only music I have ever liked from any game has been like..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh6rxTVgtFg

OH GOD THAT FUCKING SONG, THAT FUCKING SONG.

It happens every time I load up the game, but I don't think I've ever actually listened to the whole thing. I actually like it.