After conducting a few tests, I figured something out.

ReformBlade

1: If I (SlaveBlade) mention anything about tiers I don't like, people flip their shit.

2: If I try to explain why i don't like a tier list or how it's done, I get insulted verbally and get a multi paragraph explanation about how wrong I am and how I should feel bad and possibly die in a ditch.

3: Tier lists exist for the sole purpose of causing arguments and those who like to argue.

4: Always argue as if the person you are arguing against has NEVER CHANGED, ever. Assume they are static beings that always use the same argument and have all the same values exactly as they were back in the day. Like a time-stasis phenomenon.

Nice to know how touchy the FE community is. Never change, never grow... Be the best you can be, FE comm-u-ni-TYYYY!

Edited by SlaveBlade

1: If I (SlaveBlade) mention anything about tiers I don't like, people flip their shit.

If you'd go about it a better way, that wouldn't happen.

2: If I try to explain why i don't like a tier list or how it's done, I get insulted verbally and get a multi paragraph explanation about how wrong I am and how I should feel bad and possibly die in a ditch.

If you misinterpret how a tier list works, and then make complaints based on your misinterpretation, people get annoyed. It makes sense.

3: Tier lists exist for the sole purpose of causing arguments and those who like to argue.

That's definitely part of it. But it's not the sole purpose. We also like to place the units. As in, we like ordering them into what we think, after listening to others, is how good they are. Yeah, crazy, I know. We make a tier list for the purpose of having a tier list. Imagine that.

4: Always argue as if the person you are arguing against has NEVER CHANGED, ever. Assume they are static beings that always use the same argument and have all the same values exactly as they were back in the day. Like a time=stasis phenomenon.

Oh? So that's why you don't argue on a point by point basis. Now I know. The rest of us actually try to argue each point a person brings up. But that's just us, I guess.

That is because you are SlaveBlade and "mention anything about tiers I don't like" can, in fact, be translated as: "Tier lists are a waste of time and the people who involve themselves with them are dumbasses." Yes, insulting people's hobbies makes them angry. Who knew?

Falls in line with the above; SlaveBlade likes to euphemise his point.

Pretty much agreed. Is that bad?

4: Always argue as if the person you are arguing against has NEVER CHANGED, ever. Assume they are static beings that always use the same argument and have all the same values exactly as they were back in the day. Like a time=stasis phenomenon.

This is easy with you because you haven't changed much over the years. Do you disagree? You still seem to have the same view of tier lists, after all.

Also, deja vu?

tl;dr version:

coolstory.gif

This is easy with you because you haven't changed much over the years. Do you disagree? You still seem to have the same view of tier lists, after all.

It's like... like I can't make a joke these days. And yes, i have changed. You wouldn't know, would you? Unless you followed me daily, which I would have to kick your ass for, but beyond that, yeah, you shouldn't make assumptions on how I've 'not changed much'. I'm more tolerant than you think of tier lists, but you won't believe me since it's easier to hate than to understand. I still like how I can get such reactions sooo easily though. But you're all putting up a facade as well, aren't you? Of course you are. I DO understand tier lists *gasp*, I DO respect them at times, I DO defend them at times *gasp gasp*, and I DO like to argue, just as a Devil's Advocate though.

tl;dr

I have changed vastly, though I still like egging people on.

Edited by SlaveBlade