Diplomacy Game Thread

Life

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me put this here rather in PM since it's better if everyone sees the logic. I can't believe that I actually have to explain tactics to people when I have a fucking link on the first page about it.

Lightning. There is NOTHING you can gain from an alliance with Russia. If you count up all of the SC that Russia needs to win (18 for anyone), you'll quickly realize that he needs some of your territory. Namely stuff like Munich and Berlin. Here, let's count them up together.

StP

Mos

War

Sev (4 Russian)

Swe

Nor (2 Scandinavian)

Smy

Ank

Con (3 Turkish)

Bul

Gre

Rum

Ser (4 Balkans)

Tri

Vie

Bud (3 Austrian)

That's 16. He needs two more. Italy is impossible to crack in way of defense (as long as I have the ION, EAS, ADR and AEG, Russia has no chance of doing it) so he will go for Munich and Berlin as his final 2. So don't you dare start an alliance with Russia since he'll just end up stealing any possible win from under your nose.

Now I've heard through the grapevine in Western Europe that you're going to attack me. I hope you realize that a land war in SOUTHERN Europe will be akin to committing suicide since Russia is literally at your doorstep while England and France are starting to close in on you. Why would you ever even THINK of attacking me?

And I'm just going to leave this here for you. It's proof of how I'm pretty sure that you've fucked up Austria.

Germany often prospers when all other countries can be kept weak. Encourage everyone else t fight everyone else and they won't have the time or units to send armies into the centre of the board. As Richard Sharp pointed out long ago, it is often in Germany's long-term interests to lend Austria a hand if necessary, if only to make sure that you have a friend guarding your backdoor (Tyrolia, Bohemia and Silesia). These spaces are often empty in the early stages in a game, but when things hot up (about 1904/5) if you cannot secure them you will surely lose.

The case for Germany's fate being dependant on Austria is beyond doubt. In The Numbers Game _13 Richard pointed out that ignoring games where Germany or Austria dropped out, there have been 392 finishes where Austria has been eliminated early (5th or worse) and of these games Germany has only won 7% and drawn 18%. In games where Austria has managed 4th or better, Germany has won 16% and drawn 30%.

Read it.

Also, Russia needs to do the retreat. Post it here. The options are under the update.

Edited by Sue Sylvester

Italy: I have no clue how I pulled off the Lepanto but fuck, that was good Diplomacy with Russia.

Russia: Get the fuck out of Vienna. Now. I told you not to move there as I would declare war on you if you did so. If you annex Austria, you die painfully.

I C wut u did thar.

And why the heck would you even try to move into Turkey? That was... :facepalm:. How the heck did it work?

Edit: Can I choose for that fleet to be destroyed instead of retreat, and if so, do I get an extra build as a result, or will I be left a unit down until 1903?

Edited by I Eat Tables

I C wut u did thar.

And why the heck would you even try to move into Turkey? That was... :facepalm:. How the heck did it work?

Edit: Can I choose for that fleet to be destroyed instead of retreat, and if so, do I get an extra build as a result, or will I be left a unit down until 1903?

Yes, you can. And you would get to build a replacement.

So, if Lightning doesn't start to make anti-Russian moves on his next turn, can we just agree to make another Diplomacy game without him after this one? Because this is ridiculous. He's trying to take on England and France while he has Russia literally at his doorstep.

Edited by Ninji

We're not waiting on builds. We're waiting on me deciding where to retreat.

...Which kinda proves the point.

Also Germans make the best engineers. Engineers are smart.

Anyway I will indeed disband Sweden.

Before I go to bed (it's 1 in the morning right now, you fuckers), update time!

Diplomacy-Fall1902Status.png

Austria: Removes 1 unit

England: Removes 1 unit

France: Builds 2 units

Germany: Builds 1 unit

Italy: Builds 1 unit

Russia: Builds 2 units

So yeah. Orders due to Psych ASAP.

Guys, deal with me here. I'm in GMT +2. This means that when you guys start bitching at around 9 PM that I'm not update, it's around 3 in the morning here in Tel Aviv. At this time, I'm either asleep, drunk (unlikely) or passed out (most likely). So please give me a small break.

Also, you could send in your orders more quickly.

Diplomacy-Winter1902Builds.png

It is now Spring 1903.

Deadline is basically 48 hours from now. Which is 2 in the morning, but that gives you all night to do your shit.

It's almost 12:00 GMT +2 hours. 9 hours left. Please send in your orders to Psych.

Also, Austria. I'm supporting Budapest to Vienna from Tyrolia, even if you're not going there. You're fucked either way, though.

Edited by Sue Sylvester

It's been days and I STILL haven't received orders from Iced. This is the second time (maybe third) now.

Does anyone want to sub in for England? If not, I will update the game in 11 hours, regardless of whether or not he sends in orders.

I'm sorry, I've got exams on at the moment so I haven't exactly had much time.

I'll try to get every order in on time from now on, but if you want to sub me I understand.

After an eternity of waiting for Iced, I have these.

Diplomacy-Spring1903Moves.png

And then the retreats (just Italy which is myself).

Diplomacy-Spring1903Retreats.png

So yeah. Autumn time. England, Turkey and Austria are now officially fucked.