FE4 Celice glitch(es?)

sigurd773

I've encountered two pretty serious glitches in Fire Emblem 4 today. I have no way of knowing whether or not the second issue is caused by the first.

The first occurred near the end of chapter 10. Alvis is the only enemy still alive. The glitch is that Celice all of a sudden stops getting turns. At the beginning of each turn after that, if Celice acted the previous turn, his sprite is still grayed out. He is listed as not having acted on the Unit menu, however. I can dance and get him a turn. If I dance for him, and then not use that turn, he does start the next turn normally.

Next, after I seized the castle at the end of chapter 10, Celice is gone. The throne is empty. He still appears on the unit list, however. When you select him on the unit list, the cursor goes to Corple in the castle.

Fortunately, I can refer to a save after taking Miletos, so I'm not losing a lot of time to fix this, but I thought I should report it. I'm curious whether anyone else has encountered this.

It's a known glitch, it occurs due to the dismount option being buggy. IIRC, Casting Rescue on him generally fixes things. Often, Celice ends up on the upper-rightmost square of the map (which is very often OOB)

Ah, the good (?) old dismount glitch. The best way of dealing with it is indeed preventing it from happening (i.e., always save before dismounting, end turn and see if it glitches - or not dismount at all). Not too much trouble in the original, but can be annoying in some hacks that feature interesting dismount options.

The second glitch is likely a consequence of the first one, yes.