FE12 Wifi Questions

Hello all

Since FE12 was announced, I instantly began to make preparations for my FE12 Wifi team. However, with all the new mechanisms and items the creators produced, I have come upon a multitude of questions that I do not know the answer to. Someone from IGN kindly directed me to this fine website, so here I am.

Here's hoping you FE experts can provide an answer to all my questions.

1.) In total,are there seven stat boosers for each stat (excluding arms scrolls and boots) available through the game? This is of course assuming one has completed lunatic mode for the three bonus stat boosters in the preparation screen, the three from the secret shop, and the last from the caves/desert.

2.) Dancers. Do they only affect one unit, or do they affect those adjacent to them?

3.) How many warp staves are available in the game?

4.) How many again staves are there in the game? Where are the locations?

5.) Caps cannot be exceeded right? Or can they with items such as Marths Shield of Seals?

6.) Glower and the distance tomes (swarm, ext) can be obtained in-game, right?

7.) Does weight have the same mechanics as FE11 where strength=weight and therefore, no AS reduction?

8.) Is there any known way to manipulate the Everyone's Condition? A 3.48% chance of getting an elixir once is pretty low, not considering if one wants more than one elixir.

9.) Are the weapons from Everyone's Condition useful in wifi? Does their usefulness exceed those of the brave weapons? Or are they only good for in-game?

10.) When reclassing, are units given a set growth rate excluding that of the original class? For example, would a hunter Ogma have the same growths as a hunter Barst? Or is there something I'm missing?

11.) http://www.serenesfo...12/support.html

Are characters only able to support with a few others, like in FE7/FE8? Is there only 5 support slots max like in FE7/FE8? Is there any indication of when character reach a certain support rank excluding the visible increased dodge, hit, ext(i.e. does it say Marth would ha an A support with Caeda, or is it invisible?)

12.) Does friendship bonds have an effect on stats?

13.) I've heard wifi maps are unchanged. Is this not true? Some maps really need to be reevaluated(map 3).

14.)Are torches taken out of the game script? I really hate hackers who use torches.

15.) Do the benfits of completing the game fully outweight those of strategically NOT completing the game? For example, would the four orbs have more usefulness in wifi than whatever one gains from doing the last 4-5 chapters?

Quite a few questions, but I would really appreciate it if I could get answers on these.

Thanks for all your guys help!

Edited by Heroic

I think there might be 8, though I never completed Lunatic, so I only really know of the 5-6 statboosters I got on Normal.

One unit that you select, they aren't like what they are in FE4.

I think 2 or 3, but for the purpose of a Wi Fi team you should really only need 1, since Sages have crap Spd caps as it is. (You can't obtain Warp staves on Lunatic)

1 or 2, last I remember, and I don't remember their locations.

Caps can exceed with items like the shards/orb/Shield of seals. (Keep in mind that Marth can only use the Latter)

No, they cannot. Glower and Long Range tomes are not available to players.

There is no weight on weapons in this game.

I don't think anyone has figured this out.

Really, only in game, Brv weapons are hard to beat in the world of Wi Fi.

Those are automatically added after how many chapters they've been deployed together. (I don't remember if they effect the base convos)

Friendship bond effects the supports and gives you a boost to complete them.

The maps are the same, I can confirm this.

I don't know about torches.

The last four chapters have an Arena, more EXP, and statboosters. The Four Orbs IMO aren't worth it unless you want to use only 2 arenas to grind money.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

I think there might be 8, though I never completed Lunatic, so I only really know of the 5-6 statboosters I got on Normal.

One unit that you select, they aren't like what they are in FE4.

I think 2 or 3, but for the purpose of a Wi Fi team you should really only need 1, since Sages have crap Spd caps as it is. (You can't obtain Warp staves on Lunatic)

1 or 2, last I remember, and I don't remember their locations.

Caps can exceed with items like the shards/orb/Shield of seals. (Keep in mind that Marth can only use the Latter)

No, they cannot. Glower and Long Range tomes are not available to players.

There is no weight on weapons in this game.

I don't think anyone has figured this out.

Really, only in game, Brv weapons are hard to beat in the world of Wi Fi.

Those are automatically added after how many chapters they've been deployed together. (I don't remember if they effect the base convos)

Friendship bond effects the supports and gives you a boost to complete them.

The maps are the same, I can confirm this.

I don't know about torches.

The last four chapters have an Arena, more EXP, and statboosters. The Four Orbs IMO aren't worth it unless you want to use only 2 arenas to grind money.

Thank you for your quick answer! That makes light of alot of things.

Quick qestion, are those bonus three stat boosters only available in subsequent lunatic and reverse lunatic runs? Or are they available in every other mode afterwards?

For the record, I intend to complete lunatic to unlock the bonus three boosters, then make my wifi team in normal mode and make use of all 8(?) stat boosters.

Thanks!

1. Unless I counted wrong, that sounds right. I think there's only 2 Talismans found outside of the shops though, so there's only 6 in total.

3. There's only one if you're not playing on Lunatic, otherwise none.

4. Two and more from the Online Shop. There's a complete (AFAIK) item locations list on this page (right now, you need to search the item's name, I haven't made it so that it's sorted by item type just yet).

10. Characters have their own set of personal growth rates, which are independent of what class they're in. Classes also have their own set of growth rates, which are independent of characters. So if a character is in X class, their effective growth rate is equal to their personal growth rates + X class's growth rates. So Hunter Ogma and Hunter Barst would have different growth rates, since Ogma and Barst have different personal growth rates.

11. They can support with everybody that's listed, which is a maximum of 5 characters for some characters. Support bonuses are invisible outside of the pre-battle status screen (i.e when you select an enemy to attack) and of course in-battle.

12. Not quite sure what you mean by "friendship bonds". If you're thinking of bonds like in FE10, the support bonus system in this game is just a variant of this.

14. There are no Torches anymore. I only just noticed this now o__o

15. If you've beaten Lunatic mode for the extra stat-boosters, I'd personally skip the final chapters. Exp isn't really an issue and the items in the final chapters aren't really that special (besides Starlight if you want to damage hackers). Although, if you want the items from Chapter 20 (eg. Gradivus and Brave weapons), you'll have to skip either the Starsphere or Geosphere.

From what I remember, the first Again staff comes in Chapter 14, the second is in 20. Both from chests.

As for the conditions items, if forged, Kleine's Bow and Camus' Lance (I think the sword one was Ogma's Sword, never got it) can be pretty crazy. They're basically a Wo Dao fused with a Silver weapon.

Starlight is pretty amazing for only a C Rank weapon, but it pales in comparison to a forged Thoron.

EDIT (again): One more consequence of this game: characters tend to have better overall growths now, expect most of the decent ones to max 2-3 stats without any form of abuse or stat boosters. Basically, it's easier to have teams with lots of maxed stats legitimatly.

Edited by Big Klingy

1. Unless I counted wrong, that sounds right. I think there's only 2 Talismans found outside of the shops though, so there's only 6 in total.

3. There's only one if you're not playing on Lunatic, otherwise none.

4. Two and more from the Online Shop. There's a complete (AFAIK) item locations list on this page (right now, you need to search the item's name, I haven't made it so that it's sorted by item type just yet).

10. Characters have their own set of personal growth rates, which are independent of what class they're in. Classes also have their own set of growth rates, which are independent of characters. So if a character is in X class, their effective growth rate is equal to their personal growth rates + X class's growth rates. So Hunter Ogma and Hunter Barst would have different growth rates, since Ogma and Barst have different personal growth rates.

11. They can support with everybody that's listed, which is a maximum of 5 characters for some characters. Support bonuses are invisible outside of the pre-battle status screen (i.e when you select an enemy to attack) and of course in-battle.

12. Not quite sure what you mean by "friendship bonds". If you're thinking of bonds like in FE10, the support bonus system in this game is just a variant of this.

14. There are no Torches anymore. I only just noticed this now o__o

15. If you've beaten Lunatic mode for the extra stat-boosters, I'd personally skip the final chapters. Exp isn't really an issue and the items in the final chapters aren't really that special (besides Starlight if you want to damage hackers). Although, if you want the items from Chapter 20 (eg. Gradivus and Brave weapons), you'll have to skip either the Starsphere or Geosphere.

Thanks for all your expertise. 10 and 14 were things I was especially curios about. This will definitely help me alot. I definitely like the sound of the geosphere since it increases critical rate by 10%, and since starsphere doesn't exceed max stats, geosphere sounds far more preferable. It's a hard choice though, geosphere, or a few more chapters, an arena and 3 more stat boosters. Tough decisions haha.

From what I remember, the first Again staff comes in Chapter 14, the second is in 20. Both from chests.

As for the conditions items, if forged, Kleine's Bow and Camus' Lance (I think the sword one was Ogma's Sword, never got it) can be pretty crazy. They're basically a Wo Dao fused with a Silver weapon.

Starlight is pretty amazing for only a C Rank weapon, but it pales in comparison to a forged Thoron.

EDIT (again): One more consequence of this game: characters tend to have better overall growths now, expect most of the decent ones to max 2-3 stats without any form of abuse or stat boosters. Basically, it's easier to have teams with lots of maxed stats legitimatly

Two in-game again staves and I just noticed, online store again staves. Awesome.

Those weapons sounds great, but their low chance of being obtainable is such a turn-off.

Better growths? Awesome. That'll make resetting for the harder stats alot easier.

Incidntally, one last quick question. On my wifi team, Im not really aiming to max my sages stats since they're normally 1RKO'd, in which case I'd givethem a thoron and hope they can retaliate once. However, if I was to abuse their hp and defense, would giving them a forged nosferatu be much more preferable? The 5 less MT and 10 less crit doesnt matter as much to me, but with nosferatu and maxed def and hp, they could possibly regain alot of their lost hp (maybe even survive a brave weapon attack?). The factor that they annoy the enemy sounds greatly promising to me.

Also, I read this somewhere on this site, but I can't remember where.

If a unit like Marth has a total growth of 395%(?), then he is pretty much given 4 stats upon level up. Will it always be only 4 stats? Or is there still chances to gain perfect levels?

Edited by Heroic

Also, I read this somewhere on this site, but I can't remember where.

If a unit like Marth has a total growth of 395%(?), then he is pretty much given 4 stats upon level up. Will it always be only 4 stats? Or is there still chances to gain perfect levels?

IIRC, it's only four stats. . .but if you know how to abuse this. . .

IIRC, it's only four stats. . .but if you know how to abuse this. . .

I see. That makes things a little tougher, but I can deal.

Nosferatu can't be forged.

Oh really? That's unfortunate. I guess thoron is really the only decent tome then. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone for the info, it is greatly appreciated. It's nice to get generally quick responses with accurate information. All of my questions are answered now.

Here's hoping FE12 comes out soon!

Thanks for all your expertise. 10 and 14 were things I was especially curios about. This will definitely help me alot. I definitely like the sound of the geosphere since it increases critical rate by 10%, and since starsphere doesn't exceed max stats, geosphere sounds far more preferable. It's a hard choice though, geosphere, or a few more chapters, an arena and 3 more stat boosters. Tough decisions haha.

The Starsphere and shards (and only these) allow you to exceed max stats. This might be important for some players.

Essentially, equipped and held stat-boosters (legendary weapons in FE6-10, dragonstones etc.) let you exceed stats, but consumables don't (which is true is most FEs).

Edited by VincentASM

The Starsphere and shards (and only these) allow you to exceed max stats. This might be important for some players.

Essentially, equipped and held stat-boosters (legendary weapons in FE6-10, dragonstones etc.) let you exceed stats, but consumables don't (which is true is most FEs).

My bad, I misread AstraLunaSol's previous post mentioning this.

It's disappointing that you cannot get both the starsphere and geosphere, but I'm assuming you can get the shards and the geosphere? In your personal opinion, which of the two would you choose? With the shards, stats can be distributed and geosphere has the critical bonus. With the starsphere, you can pile it all onto one character, but you lose geosphere.

Nonetheless, a 32 speed Horseman/Berserker/Swordmaster quadrupling a berserker sounds very nice.

Incidentally, does this make Marth worth more consideration considering he is no longer naturally doubled?

Edited by Heroic

Gotoh repossesses all the Starsphere shards that you collected during the middle of Chapter 14, regardless of whether you collected them all or not. This is kind of disappointing, but I suppose it makes sense story-wise.

So if you want to use the shards, you can only do so before you begin Chapter 14, which probably doesn't leave much time to train characters or gather/forge good weapons : /

Edited by VincentASM

Gotoh repossesses all the Starsphere shards that you collected during the middle of Chapter 14, regardless of whether you collected them all or not. This is kind of disappointing, but I suppose it makes sense story-wise.

So if you want to use the shards, you can only do so before you begin Chapter 14, which probably doesn't leave much time to train characters or gather/forge good weapons : /

Oh. That's disappointing.

I was browsing through the FE12 section and I noticed that the lifesphere is recieved from a village. Is it possible NOT to visit the visit? I know you already said I'd have to sacrifice either the lightsphere or geosphere, but I'm just wondering.

Incidentally, I know it's theoretically impossible to lose the any one of the spheres, like giving one to a character and killing them, ext. But what if your convo was full(200/200)? Wouldn't that get rid of it?

Oh. That's disappointing.

I was browsing through the FE12 section and I noticed that the lifesphere is recieved from a village. Is it possible NOT to visit the visit? I know you already said I'd have to sacrifice either the lightsphere or geosphere, but I'm just wondering.

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking properly when I made the original answer. Basically, you must have 3 Orbs or less before you defeat Hardin, otherwise he will drop the Darksphere and you will lose all your Orbs into the Shield of Seals. Now, the Lightsphere can't be skipped, but you can skip the Starsphere, Geosphere and, I completely forgot, the Lifesphere.

Incidentally, I know it's theoretically impossible to lose the any one of the spheres, like giving one to a character and killing them, ext. But what if your convo was full(200/200)? Wouldn't that get rid of it?

If the convoy is full, lesser items will be deleted to make space (basically ones with the lowest Cost Per Use, which usually starts with the Frying Pan).

I find this really funny because I already have the Japanese FE12 working on my R4. not to mention the built-in cheats makes it so I won't lose, IF I use them, which I obviously shouldn't, as I have a Nabarl with all maxed stats, and many of the un-pre-promoted units have maxed stats. BUT I also wonder who is really going to be a bad person and use stuff like that ON wi-fi, because that's just messed up. Do you think it's ok for just a few of my units to be all maxed stats, but ONLY for use against OP teams, with max stats as well?

From what I had read in The home page:

There are 3 Statboosters of each one except for Talisman (2),Energy drop or Dracoshield (2-3, depending in your choice in the VIllage in Chp 15) and Boots(1). Of course not counting Secret Shops and Expanded preparations menu (both of them give you +3 for each Statbooster and again not counting the boots).

You can always make your wi-fi team in any chapter. So you can commonly stop playing at :

1. Chapter 14. For use the shards. But there is only one arena (the one in chapter 9).
  2. Chapter 19. For the use of the 4 orbs. But you aren´t getting the extra Braves and Stats boosters.
  3. Chapter 20. You missed one orb for the extra Braves. Same as above.
  4. Chapter 25. For more time in RNG abuse, Starlight, extra Statboosters and for use Marth.

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking properly when I made the original answer. Basically, you must have 3 Orbs or less before you defeat Hardin, otherwise he will drop the Darksphere and you will lose all your Orbs into the Shield of Seals. Now, the Lightsphere can't be skipped, but you can skip the Starsphere, Geosphere and, I completely forgot, the Lifesphere.

If the convoy is full, lesser items will be deleted to make space (basically ones with the lowest Cost Per Use, which usually starts with the Frying Pan).

Ah, I see. That is a great thing to know. I'd gladly sacrifice lifesphere for the geosphere and starsphere.

I find this really funny because I already have the Japanese FE12 working on my R4. not to mention the built-in cheats makes it so I won't lose, IF I use them, which I obviously shouldn't, as I have a Nabarl with all maxed stats, and many of the un-pre-promoted units have maxed stats. BUT I also wonder who is really going to be a bad person and use stuff like that ON wi-fi, because that's just messed up. Do you think it's ok for just a few of my units to be all maxed stats, but ONLY for use against OP teams, with max stats as well?

Honestly, I'm not going to enforce my morals upon you, but I'll gladly give you my opinion. Sure hacking gives pleasure to the user, but I'm pretty sure that all people who use a hacked team on wifi will always have a nagging doubt in the back in their mind that they never really won. If you want a max stat team, plan it out before hand, spend the time on it, and you will achieve that sense of euphoria knowing that you did a job well done.

From what I had read in The home page:

There are 3 Statboosters of each one except for Talisman (2),Energy drop or Dracoshield (2-3, depending in your choice in the VIllage in Chp 15) and Boots(1). Of course not counting Secret Shops and Expanded preparations menu (both of them give you +3 for each Statbooster and again not counting the boots).

You can always make your wi-fi team in any chapter. So you can commonly stop playing at :

• Chapter 14. For use the shards. But there is only one arena (the one in chapter 9).
  • Chapter 19. For the use of the 4 orbs. But you aren´t getting the extra Braves and Stats boosters.
  • Chapter 20. You missed one orb for the extra Braves. Same as above.
  • Chapter 25. For more time in RNG abuse, Starlight, extra Statboosters and for use Marth.

Ah thank you! An exact list of the number of stat boosters. That'll be of great help. 8 Talismans, 8-9 Energy Drops/Draco Shields, and 9 for the rest. This will be of great help!

Thank you for also listing the four options I have. I don't mind missing the braves since they are supplied over wifi. And honestly, starlight won't really help on wifi, no? Considering that most hackers will now have the invincible Imhullu/darksphere combo.

Also, I have yet another question. I'm trying to determine which units I want to use that are support compatible. I noticed on the support list that while Barst can support with Ogma, Ogma doesn't support with Barst? Does this mean if Ogma is standing by Barst, only Barst would gain the support bonus? It's the same with my unit. Every unit supports with him, yet he only supports with a handful of men. Does this mean they all get bonuses and my unit does not except when he is by the units he can support with?

Edited by Heroic

Also, I have yet another question. I'm trying to determine which units I want to use that are support compatible. I noticed on the support list that while Barst can support with Ogma, Ogma doesn't support with Barst? Does this mean if Ogma is standing by Barst, only Barst would gain the support bonus? It's the same with my unit. Every unit supports with him, yet he only supports with a handful of men. Does this mean they all get bonuses and my unit does not except when he is by the units he can support with?

Yes, you've got that right.

Yes, you've got that right.

Damn, I was really hoping I'd be wrong there. Whatever happened to the FE7-FE9 support system? Nonetheless, thanks for confirming.

I might post more questions later, but right now, my wifi team is looking real good. Thanks for all your help!

Honestly, I'm not going to enforce my morals upon you, but I'll gladly give you my opinion. Sure hacking gives pleasure to the user, but I'm pretty sure that all people who use a hacked team on wifi will always have a nagging doubt in the back in their mind that they never really won. If you want a max stat team, plan it out before hand, spend the time on it, and you will achieve that sense of euphoria knowing that you did a job well done.

Actually, I normally do that for my first runthrough, just to get the gist of how powerful my units need to be just to finish the game with no people dead. Besides, I'm on the hardest mode. Lol, but when I beat the game, I'm going back to normal units.

Actually, I normally do that for my first runthrough, just to get the gist of how powerful my units need to be just to finish the game with no people dead. Besides, I'm on the hardest mode. Lol, but when I beat the game, I'm going back to normal units.

Makes sense I suppose. It IS usful knowing where enemy reinforcements pop out too in lunatic, which allows you to plan ahead.

Also I was reading MJEmirzian's lunatic mode, and something crossed my mind. I know Marth has a 395% total which means 3-4 stats per level, but is that only applicable during the arena? Could I otherwise gain perfect level ups on the battlefield through resetting?

Also, if it is only for arenas, does that mean both preparation arena and the battlefield arenas? Or is only for the preparation arena?

Also I was reading MJEmirzian's lunatic mode, and something crossed my mind. I know Marth has a 395% total which means 3-4 stats per level, but is that only applicable during the arena? Could I otherwise gain perfect level ups on the battlefield through resetting?

Also, if it is only for arenas, does that mean both preparation arena and the battlefield arenas? Or is only for the preparation arena?

It's for the preparations arena only.