The Assassins Guild

Tables

Do I have to? In earlier games, people have voted guilty reports by the cops without questioning them. Why did you not try to stop them?

Most of these cops had some kind of proof, or we at least had an actual reason to believe them.

We have absolutely no reason to believe Weapons. Anyone could come forth and accuse somebody of being guilty while claiming to be a cop. Anyone. And it isn't even a bad move, don't get me wrong... ...after all, it gave us a lot of information.

Once again, do I have to?

You should if you wish to be taken seriously.

It is also entirely plausible that you are looking hard for a reason for us to not get rid of you.

It would be plausible if I actually was looking hard for them. But why look hard for something that is so readily and plentiful available?

In any case, I think I've got a new target.

##Unvote: Raymond

##Vote: Groner

Stop repeating info and either say something of value or shut the hell up.

Interesting. You can't argue with me, so you suddenly agree with me. Why would you agree with the vote of someone who you believe to be scum? Would I not vote for a known town member if I were scum? Your actions make absolutely no sense, JB. Unless you actually are scum and do not care whether I or Groner are killed, as we are both town.

Y'know what, there is no point in hiding it anymore. I will tell you what I can at the moment.

My role name is the General. I am the man who led the assault in Kanami, and that is why I am a target, just as all of you are.

Now, one of the other men here today is a private under my command. That man is known to all of you is WeaponsofMassConstruction. I know not whether he knew I was here, however, as he took part in the Kanami conflict as one of my troops, I am fairly certain that he is a target for assassination, as the rest of us are.

Due to this, I am inclined to believe him.

##Vote: Raymond

It is very possible, even very likely that Weapons is town, but fakeclaimed cop to provoke a scumslip. That does not automatically make me guilty.

In any case, Raymond, I'd say that you should claim your character right this moment. Not your role, just your character.

I have no reason to.

Also, I'll remove my FOS on Groner again. I just remembered that this is his first game of mafia IIRC, and keeping this in mind his behaviour so far seems pretty townish.

Edited by Raymond

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very possible, even very likely that Weapons is town, but fakeclaimed cop to provoke a scumslip.

In which case I assume he'd have picked a more expendable person to do it on.

I'll wait for your response before voting but I'm inlclined to vote for you as things stand.

Yes, that is correct Psych. I am the General who initialized the offense in the Kanari conflict.

As for what I know about WoMC, all I know for sure is that WoMC is a private under me, and I know his character name, which I see no need to reveal at the moment.

(Actually, it isn't addressed in the rules, but I thought I may as well ask, Tables, are we able to reveal our character names? Or would that interfere enough with flavour that you would not allow it?)

Raymond does have good points, so:

##Vote: JB25

Because even if WOMC made a claim that looks right, I don't feel like voting for Raymond. He's a good thinker.

We all forgot JB25 was the first (or second, not sure) suspect because of a no-lynch taking place. I didn't, and Raymond didn't, I think.

That is the reason I vote for JB25.

Is that enough new contant for you, JB25? :D

FoS Groner for not thinking.

Based on the fact you believe WoMC to be the cop having a guilty report on Raymond, pretty much in your eyes Raymond is guilty. In this post, you backtrack and attack JB25 who has many tellings of a scum but could be town. Unless WoMC is an insane cop, as a mafia claiming cop would get himself killed upping the ratio of town to scum, then Raymond is definitely guilty or the miller. By this logic, you're allowing a scum to live simply because they're a good thinker. Do you realize how stupid that is, if you have an intelligent enemy, the best course of action would be to eliminate them.

Like Furet, I'll chose to withhold my vote until things become a little clearer.

Okay, because last night something came up in my results that implicated the military, and at first I thought it was the assassins, but Life and a bunch of seemingly convoluted rules say the military is part of the town, and not a third party. >_>

This leads me to be inclined to believe Ether, and thus Weapons by association.

##Vote Raymond

Plus, we need more information. I am wondering about possible Paranoia, though I suspect Miller is more likely if Raymond is not an assassain.

Yes, that is correct Psych. I am the General who initialized the offense in the Kanari conflict.

As for what I know about WoMC, all I know for sure is that WoMC is a private under me, and I know his character name, which I see no need to reveal at the moment.

(Actually, it isn't addressed in the rules, but I thought I may as well ask, Tables, are we able to reveal our character names? Or would that interfere enough with flavour that you would not allow it?)

Character names are indeed okay. On top of that, I'd point out that the amount of flavour that Ether revealed there is pretty much the limit that I'm happy for people to reveal/make up.

In which case I assume he'd have picked a more expendable person to do it on.

I'll wait for your response before voting but I'm inlclined to vote for you as things stand.

You assume he would have. But can you be certain?

I am certain he has his reasons. But I'll repeat it for you, I'm not an assassin.

Okay, because last night something came up in my results that implicated the military, and at first I thought it was the assassins, but Life and a bunch of seemingly convoluted rules say the military is part of the town, and not a third party. >_>

This leads me to be inclined to believe Ether, and thus Weapons by association.

##Vote Raymond

Plus, we need more information. I am wondering about possible Paranoia, though I suspect Miller is more likely if Raymond is not an assassain.

It would be nice if you'd actually stop and think about things for a second before mindlessly jumping a bandwagon.

Maybe you guys should actually wait for Weapons to clear things up before all voting me like the sheep you are?

Assuming he isn't insane, if he's lying then he's an assassin. Since Ether backed him up, it can be assumed they are on the same party. Therefore, the most likely result is that you are scum.

No. As I said before, let me quote it for you:

It is very possible, even very likely that Weapons is town, but fakeclaimed cop to provoke a scumslip. That does not automatically make me guilty.

I think that it's incredibly funny that on Day 1, Raymond was enthusiastically trying to lynch someone - anyone, putting FoS on Slayer (for complaining about Day 1), Snike (for reading what IET said about vigilantes), JB25 (for 'sheeping'), and Core (for double-posting in a game where editing posts is forbidden). And then he bitched at Lightning for not running around trying to lynch random people. And now, he's complaining that people are jumping on him with too little proof.

Raymond does have good points, so:

##Vote: JB25

Because even if WOMC made a claim that looks right, I don't feel like voting for Raymond. He's a good thinker.

We all forgot JB25 was the first (or second, not sure) suspect because of a no-lynch taking place. I didn't, and Raymond didn't, I think.

That is the reason I vote for JB25.

Yeah, 'cause, like, we should totally let the best scum minds live, right? Seriously, of all the reasons...

I remembered, and I'm certain pretty much everyone did as well. Just because you're stepping backwards before this new, I'd say...completely game-changing development, at least for the time being...

I'd have to agree, though, you sound like town, albeit a somewhat recalcitrant one.

I'm inclined to agree with Raymond about WoMC fakeclaiming cop, since it doesn't seem that a Private in the military would have some kind of Cop role, and claiming Cop on Day 2 without knowing whether or not there's a Doctor role (although I will admit that it's likely, there could also be some sort of Mafia Hitman, which ignores protection) doesn't sound like something a real Cop would do.

yaaaaay lets jump off one bandwagon and on to another. Kidding of course.

I wish I had more information I want to contribute.

And Anouleth that could just be because well Day 1 we had no info basically and now we are getting more information based on the claiming and such so the justification needed to lynch raises, in theory, as the amount of information or possible information rises. Not to mention, who wouldn't try to defend themselves with people wanting to lynch them. Well unless it was a situation where mislynching was necessary and would provide good information. I don't think you can say that really counts as scummy(whatever scummy means).

This whole situation has gotten really confusing. Dang you Ether, having to come in and talk about generals and privates and the military.

Oh well, lets just hope for a best case situation where wither Ether and WOMC are assassins and we find that out by lynching Raymond or that Raymond is assassin and we find that out by lynching him.

Of course if our paired off assassin theory holds true, wouldn't Raymond's partner be trying to somehow discretely prove his innocence? I mean I guess not if he didn't want to rick revealing himself but still, the risk might be worth it. This theory of pairs protecting each other could also work with Ether/WOMC(assuming he isn't fake claiming).

But then again it was kind of a risk for Ether to disclose that information considering it leads to these situations: both being assassins with Ether trying to protect WOMC, both being town with Ether trying to protect WOMC in case we find out some other way that he isn't really cop, Ether being an assassin trying to get us to lynch WOMC by calling him out about lying about being the cop, but of course i still have no clue what this says about Raymond.

Over thought wall of text ftw. I wonder how scummy this could make me look

I think that it's incredibly funny that on Day 1, Raymond was enthusiastically trying to lynch someone - anyone, putting FoS on Slayer (for complaining about Day 1), Snike (for reading what IET said about vigilantes), JB25 (for 'sheeping'), and Core (for double-posting in a game where editing posts is forbidden). And then he bitched at Lightning for not running around trying to lynch random people. And now, he's complaining that people are jumping on him with too little proof.

Protip: You're posting nonsense.

I FOS'd Slayer because it seemed to me like he deliberately tried to make us believe that there was no spy. I removed my FOS when it turned out that he just sucks at expressing himself correctly.

I FOS'd Snike because of a misunderstanding and quickly removed it again.

I FOS'd JB for sheeping and because he seems scummy in general this time around, and I have yet to regret my decision.

And I never actually FOS'd Core.

Now, if you had actually read my posts (which does not seem to be the case, at least not thoroughly), you would have noticed that I explicitely said that it never was my intention to actually lynch anyone on day 1.

I'm happy I sound like townie.

Side note, WOMC's claim has like 80% chance of being a very bright move, that is of thinking Raymond is the spy and knowing he's maybe gonna get killed for his team. Very inteligent move indeed. However, he claimed he's a cop. That's the problem, he's not. How can I, the lil townie, know that? The reason is that I'm Jerald Dungee, the cop.