The Assassins Guild

Tables

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'm buying this, Anouleth. It's possible the Detective doesn't know the spy, because let's be honest, I don't think flavor is everything. Also, Radiant really pushed to keep me off the lynch yesterday while everyone else was just sort of apathetic, which really only makes sense if he actually had scanned me innocent.

##Vote: Anouleth

Oddly, my Role PM doesn't mention the spy at all. It does say however, that while looking for Assassins, I might find something else, which could be referring to the spy.

But, my report today said nothing out of the ordinary, so I don't believe Anouleth is the Spy.

I'm back.

Radiant Dragon, you are now referred to as "The Shepherd"

You must lead your sheep to victory!

On a more serious note, ##Vote:Annouleth

You're grasping at threads with that spy claim, your behavior completely doesn't support it.

Also, Radiant really pushed to keep me off the lynch yesterday while everyone else was just sort of apathetic, which really only makes sense if he actually had scanned me innocent.

Or if you're both assassins. Life's clarification could have been directed at others who may have also misunderstood him. But that's metagaming, anyway.

Consider this. RD is assassin, Bal is assassin, Anouleth is spy/other townie. Anouleth is lynched. If Anouleth is the spy, RD can somewhat reasonably claim that the spy scans guilty. Either way he can blame it on the framer, who may or may not exist. Maybe in this situation RD was unaware that Anouleth was the spy, in which case he would have been able to make both himself and Bal look innocent. If you consider Life's remark as a general statement, instead of being solely directed at RD, it gets a lot more complicated.

Life's clarification could have been directed at others who may have also misunderstood him. But that's metagaming, anyway.

My comment about stupid stuff happening had nothing to do about Radiant Dragon. Whether I think his claim is stupid or not is a completely different matter.

Not really, no. I could tell you that you're making a mistake, but you're not. As it happens, this course of events will probably benefit the town and definitely benefit myself, while hurting the mafia, and it's natural for you to trust Radiant.

( Incidentally, I'm certain that Psych is also innocent, and pretty convinced about Weapons and Ether. mikethfc is almost certainly mafia. )

10 Minutes to deadline, in case anyone's wondering. We'll see if he's telling the truth soon enough, I suppose.

Jonah Canestraro aka Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth stepped in to the middle of the crowd.

"There's no point hiding any more. I don't remember my past. I don't have a future... all I wanted was to live. But..." He smirked, and looked in the direction of Radiant Dragon, "That's too much for some of you, apparently. I have no regrets about my life. I did what I could and lived as I needed." As he spoke, he lifted the edge of his shirt to reveal the short sword concealed at his side. "Do you know what this is? As a weapon in a fight... it's not much. But when you need to kill someone in the dead of night..." He drew the blade, and with one deft motion lifted it towards his own neck, "this is how they're used." And with that, he slashed, before falling straight to the floor. No chance for interrogation, or for a humiliating death. But the town took solace, one more Assassin had been killed.

However, something wasn't right. Perhaps it was something the Gods of New Novo had screwed up that would need to be fixed. Still, only Only those it directly affected would need to know what the heck this was referring to.

Dear Anouleth,

I am Jonah Canestraro. I am a thief in the employ of The Assassins Guild

My past is shrouded in mystery and uncertainty. My earliest memories are of me standing on a battlefield, as a soldier, with dead bodies around me in all directions. What I did before then, who I was, I do not know. All I had to identify myself was a single dogtag with my name. From there, I ran, and discovered my abilities – I was an exceptional fighter and amazingly stealthy, able to break into my military base without any problems at all. But while there, I was spotted and arrested.

I was held in jail for months, until eventually, someone identifying themselves only as The Master broke me out to hire me as an assassin. Since then, I have been in her employ, both killing and stealing from various marks. I will continue to use these stealing skills every night until my death, whenever that may be.

You are known among the assassins as ‘Glaive’. You are allied with the assassins, and win if the assassins kill all of the targets, even if you are killed before that point.

It is now night phase, which ends at... 7pm Thursday GMT.

Since I'm currently feeling very lazy, can someone in each PM please update them to say it's night phase. Thank you.

Yay, I'm not Insane and/or Paranoid! I'm glad he wasn't the Spy, either. Anyway, Doctor/Bodyguard protection wouldn't be too much to ask for, would it?

Also, I'm not sure what to think about Anouleth's last post.

1) How is being lynched beneficial unless he's some kind of Fool (which he isn't)? Unless he's certain that his lynch would lead to the Assassins winning (perhaps because I revealed myself?).

2) And I honestly don't know what to think about the last part... At all...

Actually, (and this is a long shot, but...) the flavor about the Gods screwing up maybe indicates that he'll be coming back with his memories? In which case dying would be beneficial...

If Ether or WoMC have nothing to add I'd assume the Gods screwing up part, it's him being dead yet also able to remain in contact with the guild. Not entirely sure why he needs to stay in touch with them he Hades chance Bad puns :wub:

Anouleth's last post I think was just a last ditch attempt to clear himself. Either that or he was trying to provoke a cop scan, for a potential framer to act.Narcissist much?

What has thrown me is his Role PM, what does he steal? I'm tempted to say Role PMs based on vague memories of my Marth PM in IET's SSBM mafia but it just doesn't seem all too likely.

RD, I'm gonna try to protect you with all I can. The detective must survive. he can give us cool infos.

Trouble is, you can't protect him from the hooker, if a safeguard role or a driver role exists then that would do the trick. Course we have no way of knowing if they do exist and I would say if they do exist then don't claim. Besides we might we should be able to tell if Groner gets diverted. Then again there's Shadow who was mentioned earlier, I thought he was likely to be a stalker. I think this hypothetical safeguard

In short its probably worth sticking to that plan, but don't be all too hopeful for any results from RD

If Ether or WoMC have nothing to add I'd assume the Gods screwing up part, it's him being dead yet also able to remain in contact with the guild.

Yeah, that's probably more likely than my initial assumption...

Anouleth's last post I think was just a last ditch attempt to clear himself. Either that or he was trying to provoke a cop scan, for a potential framer to act.Narcissist much?

No, he basically admitted to being scum in that post. I do believe however, that it is possible he was trying to provoke a scan, which is why I won't be investigating you tonight.

What has thrown me is his Role PM, what does he steal? I'm tempted to say Role PMs based on vague memories of my Marth PM in IET's SSBM mafia but it just doesn't seem all too likely.

Perhaps he steals an item related to that player's role, so he can know what role they have? That seems most likely to me.

RD, I'm gonna try to protect you with all I can. The detective must survive.

Hear that, Assassins? SHOOT ME AND DIE!!!

Edited by Radiant Dragon