Which classes are best for the link arena?

Kay

Berserkers are topnotch.

I ussually went

Ewan- Amelia - Ross - Garcia - Dozla - Ewan

Ewan: Super trainee (more speed), S anime

Amelia: General, S spear

Ross: Berserker, S Axe

Garcia: Warrior, S bow A Axe

Dozla:Berserker S Axe/S Dark (Dark if both accept the stone glitch thingy)

also if they are all lvl 1, it means pierce has 19% less chance of activating (iirc)

Berserker, General (F), Japanese Super Trainees, Super Pupil, Warrior, then other acceptable classes to finish support triangles. Generally you'd be looking at the three trainees (General, Berserker, Pupil) and two others to finish supports.

Wyvern Knights are pretty mediocre. While defence negation is nice, it's a 20% chance and 28 SPD isn't doubling except potentially Gilliam, but he has 20% Great Shield as well (so a combined 29.5% chance of getting one Pierce in). And with Wyvern Knights otherwise mediocre stats and Lance Lock, they aren't doing a ton of other things.

Edit: Great Shield is a 1% chance for 20/1 units. Which you kinda want, because Generals aren't uncommon.

Edited by I Eat Tables

This is the only part of Sacred Stones which Seth doesn't dominate! :awesome:

Assassins are probably less useful due to Nidhogg and high Luck. Garm!Berserker is insane, doubling everything 29 SPD and below, and General Amelia can get 34 DEF and 25 SPD. Ephraim is useless with his 24 SPD...

Wyvern Knights are pretty mediocre. While defence negation is nice, it's a 20% chance and 28 SPD isn't doubling except potentially Gilliam, but he has 20% Great Shield as well (so a combined 29.5% chance of getting one Pierce in). And with Wyvern Knights otherwise mediocre stats and Lance Lock, they aren't doing a ton of other things.

29 speed for females, I believe, and with Vidofnir or something they can be pretty tough to crack.

Also Axereaver is viable for link arena.

I usually go with:

super trainee!Ewan (for dark magic)

general!Gilliam (for axes and great shield)

assassin!Colm (swords)

wyvern knight!Vanessa (lances)

ranger!Neimi (bows, believe it or not, they can be useful sometimes~)

or

SM!Joshua (hat)

I'm a little surprised how much everyone likes super pupil!Ewan, his con is low enough that he's getting significant speed penalties from dark tomes, his speed cap's not that high and he probably won't even reach it without speedwings (plural). Am I missing something here? Do you tower/ruins abuse for stat boosters, is speed not important or is Luna/Nosferatu really that good? I'm just a tad confused.

Edited by Byte2222

I'm a little surprised how much everyone likes super pupil!Ewan, his con is low enough that he's getting significant speed penalties from dark tomes, his speed cap's not that high and he probably won't even reach it without speedwings (plural). Am I missing something here? Do you tower/ruins abuse for stat boosters, is speed not important or is Luna/Nosferatu really that good? I'm just a tad confused.

1: Link Arena. So max stats including CON

2: Nobody uses Dark tomes anyway.

3: It's his caps that really matter, as well as supports.

Because the caps for Pupil are better. Still.

Stat |Pupil| Sage 
MAG  |  29 |  28
SKL  |  28 |  30
SPD  |  27 |  26
DEF  |  21 |  21
RES  |  26 |  25

All Sage has is 2 SKL, but in return loses 1 MAG and 1 SPD. That SPD doesn't do anything too significant except a small avoid boost* (31 SPD isn't getting doubled, 32 SPD only also doubles Wyvern Knight (M) and Garm-less Berserker - although in 2 Berserker teams, this is possible) but 1 MAG is nice. I can't be bothered to go through and calculate if 1 extra MAG makes any combo-kills easier etc. but my guess is it might do.

*[spoiler=Avoid consideration]A boost of 2 avoid can be good if Ewan has decent avoid already (Ewan with Amelia and Ross gets +12 avoid, so he's sporting 106 avoid or 104 avoid depending on Class - compared to say, General Amelia w/Vidofnir or Audhulma who would have 171 hit - so the difference between 57% hit and 55% hit, which in terms of TH is 63.45% to 59.95%. Or in other words Pupil Ewan would dodge 5.5% of attacks Amelia made that would have otherwise hit. Small difference, but could be significant - moreso if Amelia loses some support or someone with slightly less Skill attacks him

Because the caps for Pupil are better. Still.

Stat |Pupil| Sage 
MAG  |  29 |  28
SKL  |  28 |  30
SPD  |  27 |  26
DEF  |  21 |  21
RES  |  26 |  25

All Sage has is 2 SKL, but in return loses 1 MAG and 1 SPD. That SPD doesn't do anything too significant except a small avoid boost* (31 SPD isn't getting doubled, 32 SPD only also doubles Wyvern Knight (M) and Garm-less Berserker - although in 2 Berserker teams, this is possible) but 1 MAG is nice. I can't be bothered to go through and calculate if 1 extra MAG makes any combo-kills easier etc. but my guess is it might do.

*[spoiler=Avoid consideration]A boost of 2 avoid can be good if Ewan has decent avoid already (Ewan with Amelia and Ross gets +12 avoid, so he's sporting 106 avoid or 104 avoid depending on Class - compared to say, General Amelia w/Vidofnir or Audhulma who would have 171 hit - so the difference between 57% hit and 55% hit, which in terms of TH is 63.45% to 59.95%. Or in other words Pupil Ewan would dodge 5.5% of attacks Amelia made that would have otherwise hit. Small difference, but could be significant - moreso if Amelia loses some support or someone with slightly less Skill attacks him

What about the loss in skill? Is that not as important as the avoid and attack?

Good point, I forgot to note that down. And in fact, I was going to point out that might actually go some way to balancing the two classes. 4 hit could make a big difference against another high avoid unit, which are common in LA.

This could actually be more complicated than I initially thought...

Ephraim does not have high caps.

lol he has the lowest cap from FE6 and up other than unpromoted units.

Ranger, Swordmaster is alright, Pupil!!Ewan, General!Amelia, Assassin!Colm with support Neimi and Killing Edge. The three trainees with support. Just about all units are usable except for mounted units.