All right, how screwed am I?

Hello y'all

Doing a fixed+hardmode playthrough, and I didn't bother recruiting Reyson. Because I thought I would never use him. And now I'm here at chapter 19 and have to face Naesala.

Does anybody know another way of getting him off the battlefield or will I have to try and kill him? I can't think of anything but trying to rush the boss to end the chapter ASAP, though only 9mov units will be able to reach him from the south while staying out of naesala's range. I can always try to drop some people off at the north west corner and rush from there, too.

Does anybody have ANY ideas on how to do this?

You don't have to kill Naesala even if you don't have Reyson; I didn't recruit Naesala the first time I played either and was able to beat the chapter just fine. IIRC, Naesala moves on Hard mode, but always stays far enough out of your range that he can reach you in the next turn if you don't move, but you can't reach him. So simply keep moving and try to trick his AI, it shouldn't be too hard. It obviously also helps if you get rid of the boss quickly.

Long-range tomes may help with killing the boss.

Killing Naesala may actually be possible, however, if you have a well-trained Rolf with a forged steel bow or a silver bow and abuse the triangle attack of the brothers with bows on all of them. Chances are that you don't, and even then it probably still is very hard to kill him.

I haven't talked to him with Reyson once in the 8 PTs I've done so you should still be fine, you can try leaving high move units paladins, laguz etc. just our of his range and get them to rush Homasa and the enemies infront of him [Homasa] on your next turn.

Edited by mikethfc

All right, y'all

I got through the chapter. Did it the way Raymond suggested. Before turn 3 naesala moves south a bit so in the first 2 turns I moved my units as far north as possible and then east as far as possible into the mountain. On turn 3 or 4 I let Tanith get some reinforcements who then happily distracted Naesala for the rest of the chapter as I went and killed the boss. Pretty easy, in the end. Thanks gais! XD