Mouse Issues

Frosty

Well... I was supposed to be on a semi-hiatus, since I'll be making videos, but there's one thing I want to seek advice from you guys...

I'm good at animating and drawing when I use a trackball mouse, but that mouse went haywire and is no longer functioning....

The only functioning mouse left here is a laser optical mouse in which I suck at drawing as a consequence.... YES I SUCK AT DRAWING WHEN I USE THE OPTICAL MOUSE...

Any good advices? Shall I adjust mouse speed of the optical mouse or find a new trackball mouse?

I'm trying to rush two videos.... cause they're for the seasons! ;_;

Can you show me a link to an image of the trackball mouse, just so I know exactly what you're talking about? Is it the kind with the ball on the bottom, or the kind with the ball on the top?

If it's the former, have you tried taking the ball out and cleaning the contacts with rubbing alcohol? Just pour a little alchohol on a paper towel and wipe down the contacts and the ball with it. Using compressed air to blow hair/dust out of the mouse is another way to get it working properly again.

I recently had to upgrade from a ball mouse myself, but I had no problems upon upgrading. It could be because my computer doesn't have the proper drivers for it yet (lol) or it could also be because my optical mouse still uses the mouse plug like my old one.

Can you show me a link to an image of the trackball mouse, just so I know exactly what you're talking about? Is it the kind with the ball on the bottom, or the kind with the ball on the top?

If it's the former, have you tried taking the ball out and cleaning the contacts with rubbing alcohol? Just pour a little alchohol on a paper towel and wipe down the contacts and the ball with it. Using compressed air to blow hair/dust out of the mouse is another way to get it working properly again.

I recently had to upgrade from a ball mouse myself, but I had no problems upon upgrading. It could be because my computer doesn't have the proper drivers for it yet (lol) or it could also be because my optical mouse still uses the mouse plug like my old one.

It's the one with the trackball in the bottom...

Ohhh... okay! I'll tell my dad about that... Thanks!

Anyways, about the optical mouse... Shall I slow it down for the meanwhile so I can focus well on drawing stuff? I tend to be shaky around optical mouse, so I end up stuff in a wrong way....

Edited by Frostbite

It's the one with the trackball in the bottom...

Ohhh... okay! I'll tell my dad about that... Thanks!

Anyways, about the optical mouse... Shall I slow it down for the meanwhile so I can focus well on drawing stuff? I tend to be shaky around optical mouse, so I end up stuff in a wrong way....

Control Panel ->Mouse->Click the Motions tab. There's a scale thing for speed there, as well as adjustments for accelerations and stuff. My speed is set in the center and the acceleration is low, and it works the same speed as my old mouse. Hopefully you can figure it out from here.

Okay... I'll try if the mouse's speed will not be shaky for my taste....

And I'll use the optical mouse for the meanwhile...

I'm already halfway done with Thriller and about to start with my Christmas Special video, and don't mind the crappy animations, I'm still a starter for my level... (67.50% and 52.75% complete respectively)