F***ING RAVENS!

So im replaying path of radiance on hard mode (started this was a week ago) and im pissed at TOS 2 so i tried to get farther and im on the ship chapter where you get astrid and after doing EVERYTHING on this chapter (Getting astrid and keping her alive, leveling her up about 6 times,killing the boss,and getting all the treasure) A RAVEN GOES INTO THE DECK and ike just goes "Oh no!"

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN!!!!! GAME OVER!

WHAT THE FUCK!? Seriously!? Sanaki has not a single guard with her down there to kill that one bird!? Damn it!

Happened to me, too. That blows. Really hard. Like they can't run down there and cut him in half.

Exactly! What really set me off was that Ilyana,Soren, and Rhys were gonna be able to promote! (And astrid leveled up SIX TIMES without dying!)

Hah, I had problem with this chapter in my recent replay. My Ike is level 20 by then, so I just leave him on the glowing square. That way, he will protect the place AND not get in the way.

LOL I'm just kiddin

When I saw this, I was wondering if Raven had made this topic, haha

But about that Raven thing, that sucks. I beat PoR on hard mode and that chapter wasn't easy

*twitches* so yeah.......woke up this morning. Still couldnt solve the puzzle in TOS 2 so i gave POR a shot......instead of a raven flying in the room, ASTRID DIED. This chapter hates me. It has been confirmed. *goes of to whine*

Ugh. I also hated this chapter. I have nothing against ravens, as I actually kind of like them, but they could be rather annoying in this chapter.

Also, Astrid made everything so hard. WHY must she be so vunerable? D:

Bah. I have a love/hate relationship with defending chapters. Sometimes I think they drag them out too long, and other times I wish they could be longer.

Ugh. I also hated this chapter. I have nothing against ravens, as I actually kind of like them, but they could be rather annoying in this chapter.

Also, Astrid made everything so hard. WHY must she be so vunerable? D:

Bah. I have a love/hate relationship with defending chapters. Sometimes I think they drag them out too long, and other times I wish they could be longer.

Once I get into a position where there's no way anyone is getting passed anybody, I wish they would be longer. But when I have a limited number of good units and unit combinations, I hate them.

Also, this chapter is so tedious. It took me about 5 playthroughs to completely master this chapter. I used to restart this chapter a lot too....

What do you mean F***ing Ravens!?! :angry:

But anyway, I had trouble with it too...I used Gatrie or Mordecai to guard it though.

Told ya Masu....

Hah, seems I'm not the only one who has had constant problems with this chapter.

Oddly enough, I breezed through it on my first playthrough, but on the second one I had to restart six times...or seven times...I forgot...

I just put Astrid on the green square, and Gatrie on the flight of stairs next to it. Then I work my ass off getting the chests and clearing through all the enemies. <.< I hate Ravens in PoR overall though, dunno why. Probably 'cause of that one chapter where you first recruit Jill and everything is a little hectic.

I just put Astrid on the green square, and Gatrie on the flight of stairs next to it. Then I work my ass off getting the chests and clearing through all the enemies. <.< I hate Ravens in PoR overall though, dunno why. Probably 'cause of that one chapter where you first recruit Jill and everything is a little hectic.

Raven's are pretty tough foes. They got good defense, great speed, and moderate attack. They could one shot a bunch of my units on the Ship chapter (the one where you recruit Jill).

• 2 weeks later...

Ike is usually level 20 by then. I usually rout the map except for the ravens, then I weaken them down with high-defense units (Gatrie) or ranged units (Rolf, Soren), then when they have low health, I use Astrid to eliminate them. Ravens arent really that tough, just annoying on chapters like that because of their mobility.

Ike is usually level 20 by then. I usually rout the map except for the ravens, then I weaken them down with high-defense units (Gatrie) or ranged units (Rolf, Soren), then when they have low health, I use Astrid to eliminate them. Ravens arent really that tough, just annoying on chapters like that because of their mobility.

Yeah that is true, they are a drag

I never had trouble with this chapter. In my several playthroughs I only restarted once, because somehow the enemies mowed down the guards near Astrid and got to her on the first enemy phase, killing her with a lucky critical. You have no idea how shocked I was at the enemy's luck. My jaw dropped, I let go of the controller, and stared at the screen for what seemed like twenty minutes. I gave up for a bit to calm down, punched a few walls and then played again an hour or so later. Beat it like nothing, frig. XD

I never had trouble with this chapter. In my several playthroughs I only restarted once, because somehow the enemies mowed down the guards near Astrid and got to her on the first enemy phase, killing her with a lucky critical. You have no idea how shocked I was at the enemy's luck. My jaw dropped, I let go of the controller, and stared at the screen for what seemed like twenty minutes. I gave up for a bit to calm down, punched a few walls and then played again an hour or so later. Beat it like nothing, frig. XD

that happens all the time. im failing horribly at a chapter, take a break, go back to it the next day, and pwn it.

The thing with this chapter is that it isn't hard, but the other chapters before it are way too much of a breeze. You tend to just move your units and not think because you're used to the 10+ chapters before it which let you do the same. XD