Hidden Charisma

Krad

So I was playing Chapter 4 (Normal mode), and saw this while checking the enemies' stats:

dsc01354w.jpg

dsc013550.jpg

dsc01356wv.jpg

dsc01357i.jpg

These enemies are all in the 3 tile area near the boss. If you do the calculations for their hit/avoid, you will notice they have an extra 5 hit/avoid than what they should have.

Meanwhile, if you compare it to other enemies in the same chapter that are away from the boss:

dsc013580.jpg

dsc01359x0.jpg

They don't get that extra 5 hit/avoid.

Which means that either bosses have a hidden skill that gives +5hit/avoid to nearby units, or I'm missing something here.

I'll do some more testing on other chapters/modes to see if it still applies and to see if it changes (it becomes +10 or something like that).

I observed this ch. 26 hard mode with the enemies around Bertram. I figured it was like Daunt working in reverse for the boss' allies, but that wouldn't apply to ch. 4 of course.

I never noticed any change in stats, but IIRC every boss has the hidden skill CHARISMA. I was too lazy to actually check every boss, but I do know Zawana, Ikanau and Havetti have the skill and I see it called in almost every chapter, so presumably every normal boss has it (not sure about sub-boss enemies like the Black Knight, Naesala, Nedata etc.).