Chalis' Sprites

Chalis

So Astra went and told me why don't I have a sprite gallery or something yet. He guessed right the first time: I was lazy.

I mean, seriously. I have to look through my folder of crap and find finished sprites that are spread out throughout my computer and then upload them to a slow ass imagehost.

Let's start with one of the first splices I ever did:

Auvelyay-1.png

Thankfully, Astra re-did it and much better it turned out.

I don't remember what order the spriting contests were but here are the order I uploaded them

[spoiler=you might be wondering if one is missing. yes. yes there is.]entry.png

waqwaqset.png

round16.png

ameliaset.png

lolset.png

IthinkImightenter.png

becausereversetrapsarebetter.png

and now for the hiatus project hack sprites; they are up to a year old and a lot of them are post-Marthur shading fixes.

[spoiler=the urls totally dont give off some kind of hint to what the project hack is about]blagi.png

Blagi, the adoptive son of some powerful religious kingdom. He's very childish.

selenefix.png

Selene has fucked up eye frames. I keep thinking about fixing them, but then I also think about revamping her completely.

cathal-1.png

Cathal is totally not the byproduct of inbreeding. There's nothing special about him other then the horrendous chibi sprite.

lexisfix-1.png

Klein wanna-be Lexis has a short temper and family issues. We don't talk about him.

valora.png

Sometimes I don't even describe the character themselves, only what's wrong with their sprite.

For Valora, it's her hair color and lack of trim in her clothes.

roche-1.png

Roche. He's a mercenary or something.

rita.png

Rita. She's a swordfighter or something. There's a smiley face in her bun that you can't unsee.

Now for the most recent:

fcchal.png

My SE sprite. First full custom ever. Astra helped immensely with the trim.

chocolat.png

This is Collette from RF3. At some point I raegquit'd.

And that's everything I have that's not a WIP.

I like a lot of them.

The first batch, I'd say the first, fifth, and last ones look the best. Cathal looks really weird though, but that's only because I find Elphin's face weird in general to use. I like Roche. He looks to slick to be a Mercenary, I'd see him more as Thief or Assassin. :3

SE sprite is nice, but why does she look so sad? :<

I liked the idea of having different POV faces so Elphin had to deal with it as I raped his face. I've stared at it for too long, so I can't tell if it looks good or not. It's grown on me though.

For Roche, mercenary is the closest thing the GBA games have to Forrests. Plus he's supposed to be kind of guard for a temple but decidedly went AWOL. Mercenary just seemed right.

The SE sprite, I think I described her to have an unfriendly appearance. I didn't know where to go from there, so she became depressed-looking. :>

raguna.pngraguna-1.png

Raguna from Rune Factory and Rune Factory Frontier.

Saturation just kills the coloring. For once, I hate FE8 palettes.

Jacket looks odd and hair looks really oddly fitting on the head :/

Jacket looks odd and hair looks really oddly fitting on the head :/

'Oddly' is a really vague term. Could you be more specific?

[spoiler=raguna]The Rune Factory art style is gorgeous isn't it? Unless you mean the mid-bang. Yeah, I'll update it after finals.

1h33hv.jpg

You can keep the low saturation, just make the shades of hair color

dark enough for the FE8 border.

EDIT: My avy right now has a hair color that's less saturated than

the average FE8 hair color, yes?

Sounds like a plan. I'll try that.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, there seems to be a lot going on here. It'd be criminal to let this go incomplete. Also, I'm amazed at the customing you've been doing. Do you use a tablet?

N's having fun with his 2D robe and fluff, yep. I don't have a tablet, but I wouldn't use one for pixel art.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

toodamnsmall-1.png

Two days (read: 40-60 minutes) of spriting later.

Lots of pending changes imminent like eyebrows, the form/thinning of that stay hair, and those clothes.

huh looks like an ear disappeared. let's just say she had a visit from the mob.

edit: too many ellipses in this damn post.

Edited by Legendary Reverse Trap

• 4 months later...

[spoiler=This is probably something completely unrelated, don't bother looking at it.]S, so I checked FEPlanet again yesterday and found my first spriting topic (four years ago).

[spoiler=Well then]celicebyazelrc2.pngrandomclericvillagerno1lk6.png

PILLOW

MIXING FE COLORS

MISSING OUTLINE

Got permission from Dr.Sholes to edit fix alter use his Salem as a base. His sprite is somewhere in his topic.

salem.png

Though FE5 and I have a shaky relationship: My heart, man. My heart. I think I'll actually go play it now.