Differences between FE7 & 8, regarding sprites and classes.

Chaotic_Soma

Alright in anticipation of Bwdyeti's group project on RPGmakerXP I wanted to start getting some handle on the basics of making a Fire Emblem game, before I transfer my main project over to their system.

In short I want to make a small FE game which will be complete, maybe a few chapters long.

Now I was tossing up between hacking FE7 and FE8,

7 has the larger support because of the tutorial's, but it seems 8 has the ability to do what I want...

I basically want to add/have custom classes, nothing too drastic maybe import the sprites the various games are missing.

Eg: FE7- Having the Mageknight and Greatknight.

FE8- Having the 3 Lords.

I know I am most likely going to be making a reskin, so I at least want the characters to be interesting.

I am currently leaning towards 8 because I'd just overwrite the monsters in favor of the new classes.

But I'd still prefer 7, Is there a way of adding classes to 7 without overwriting?

Also the same with 8, If I can add some classes instead of having to overwrite them all it would be preferable!

This is just a prelimanary inquiry before I start the bulk of my work, could you please explain in easier terms.

I'm not a complete Noob, I am very capable of learning.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Edited by Chaotic_Soma

I'm having about the same problem that he's having. But also, I want to know how to change Battle animation, since things like Great Knight have animation for Sword, Lance, Axe, Hand-axe, Weaponless, I'd want to know how to make it so I can have a person that's like Lance, Axe, Hand-axe, Weaponless, animation, but without the need to overwrite anything. Sorry for Hi-jacking a thread, but it's something that could possible help you too.