Yurius's Age

lori44

Its been a while since the last time I played FE4 and after a few years since my last Beo/Lach/Fin debate fight, I have returned to my old emulator.

And the other day I was finishing the game and notice Yurius and Yuria talking about him murdering Diedre seven years before. Now, if I remember correctly Celice is around 19 on chapter 6 and somewhere I read that his half siblings were around two years less... Then, would Yurius have been powerful enought to kill his mother at ten?! It bugs me because whenever they mention the empire of grandbell, it always sounds as if the Lopt decay started much earlier than seven years before.

And on the topic, just how old is Ishtar anyway? I dont know why, but I always expect Blume´s children to be much older than their cousings.

Then again, a big age gap between a couple is not the worst you see on this game.

Edited by lori44

I don't know Yurius's age, but you should have had an apostrophe at the very least. And it's most correct to have 's at the end of a name that ends in s to show possession where appropriate. I know it's ugly but that's how it's supposed to be done.

If I recall, it's the Loptous tome which made him evil. Considering how powerful it is canonically (and ingame for that matter), It would probably be possible for him to do the deed (also considering how much of a wimp his mother was). I'd also put Ishtar and Brock Ishtor as a good few years above Tinny. Blume and Hilda look pretty old, plus Tinny seemed to look up to her cousins.

He was possessed by Loputousu when he killed Dierdre so it actually wasn't really him.

As for the Lopt decay, seven years ago seems to be a reasonable amount of time. I'm pretty sure everything was fine and normal after Alvis became Emperor and it was much later than that when Manfloy decided to awaken Loputousu. When you look at FE5, you see Amalda wondering how Alvis could have allowed this situation, which means Grandbell must have been in very good condition for quite a while before the Lopt Clan made their move.

As for Ishtar, I used to think she was a lot older than Julius but then Fia told me they were around the same age. I'm pretty sure she's older than Tinny though.