Hello, these are Hello's custom sprites.

Hello

Roxie.png

Jeanie: Female Cavalier. Taking Franz's part. I like the Redheadness. Splice of obvious Isadora, Lyn face, + eye, Marisa Chin kinda, Priscilla hair, Sofiya hair, and Leila hair and ear

Jeanie-3-1.png

Roxie: My archer. My blond Archer has a blond brother, which will be introduced a lot later in the game. (Like Chapter 17 later) Splice of Wendy, Fir, FE7 Anne and Amelia.

Edwin-1.png

Edwin: My knight. He'll be able to equip Lance and Axe, and when he promotes, he gets Sword as well. I scrapped the original Edwin, with Gilliam's face, Aias's hair and Saar's because it was just too awesome junky. Who said Knights can't wear headbands? Splice of Lott's hair + band, Zealot's face, Bruget's armor, and Lloyd's chin. Pinkish armor will be a running joke in support conversations.

Dragoon: My Sword / Lance Soldier upgrade.

Dragoon1.png

I felt as if I would have too many Nomad Troopers (caw, really a possibility of 2, but there will be a similar class to Nomad Trooper also...) So Mercenaries promote into Dragoons as well. I just need to finish the frames for it, (I Started with an Ephraim-like idea for a Lancer, but Dragoon is much cooler.)

I'm a naab. I've hacked SMW, Pokemon, a 3rd Person shooting game, and thats about it. Speaking of Pokemon, on Pokemon Netbattle, I could script a whole RPG, by myself, I just didn't have the time nor the patience, once I got started. o.0 Pokemon Netbattle is for the oldies anyway..

Edited by Hello

The third one's saturation is duking it out. De-saturate the blue, or add more saturation to the armor. Oh, and the armor almost looks like it's choking him XD.

1st one... Thany and Fir definitely.

Edited by Joerachi

1st: Wendy, Fir, Amelia, and FE7 Anna. The custom shading you did on the hair could use a real touch up.

2nd: Dat battle scar is kinda really terrible. Reference Heath, or, hell, Aias, one of the guys you spliced in said portrait, for battle damage.

3rd: One of the main rules of spriting: never use colors from two different FEs. Either keep him with FE8 colors, or FE7. You choose. You should extend his neck, shade under the chin, and move the armor out some. It's strangling him.

4th: Way too obvious that Klein is the base, and the lack of cleaning up between the spliced on Sigune hair and Kelin's actual hair looks messy. The shading under the hair needs to be fixed as well.

As for the battle splice, it's a pretty simple Soldier/Hector!Great Lord splice. It looks alright.

So, yeah. Your sprites need some work.

EDIT: Oh, for the second sprite the third is quite obvious. It's Gilliam, Aias, and Saar.

EDIT2: Joe, no Thany there. If there is, I'll... Do something.

EDIT3: Wait, wait, I went back and read your post, and you're going to try and play off that Klein splice as a GIRL?

Good luck.

Edited by seph1212

Joe: Yeah, that's what I thought. No Thany though :o

seph: 1: Head On, like a pro, seriously. Honestly I was thinking that, myself about Jeanie's hair, any suggestions where I could base the custom part from?

2: Scar was a last moment decision, I'll do that then.

3: Great, I did not know that, so you mean that it won't be FE8 compatible, or it just looks ugly? I'll probably scrap it, honestly.

4: Probably should of spliced it a little more, I couldn't find a really good archer look that I wanted for her.

Edit1: How would I make it less obvious without destroying the good looking guy that I had there, I love Aias's hair, and Gilliam's face fits it perfectly, I couldn't find changeable eyes for that sprite though.

Edit2: No Thany.

Edit3: Yes, trying to pass him off as a girl, I've never played FE6, so I thought he was a girl at first, that's why I changed the eye. I'll change body up.

For 1 I'd suggest grabbing the back of Lyn's hair, from any of her sprites, other than the one facing forward, and clean it up from there.

For 3, it'll still be compatible if it's 16 colors but having colors from two different FEs looks ugly, yes.

Archers tend to have that one shoulder pad and then normal clothes, so, you could take a shoulder pad from a cavalier, maybe some generic's clothing female and mess around with it. Just a suggestion.

As for number two, mess with the armor and face structure. For the armor, a simple swapping of the pauldrons/mixing pieces with them will make the splice better, and to make it less Gilliam, if you want, you could try and find a chin that fits in place of his own.

Ah, I see. Still, it would be tough to pass Klein off as a girl, what with the broader than female shoulders and the lack of a chest.

Jeanie-1.pngI used Marisa's hair, before I saw your comment, and I liked how it turned out (better than the first)

Actually, do you think Jeanie could work as an Archer instead? She has most of what you said as an Archer down, and I would of preferred a Blond archer. (I didn't want to favor blonds, I'm not even blond myself.)

Jeanie-2.png

It looks a whole lot better than before.

Edited by Hello

She could work as an archer. Btw, here is what the hair should look like:

jeanie.png

The red and blue are how the lines should move. All other lines in the back there should be erased, as that's not how hair would look being pulled back by a ponytail.

The green is where there are shading issues. The pointer finger seems weird, and the two strands up top seem to be on the exact same level, AKA, one should look like it's under the other, preferably the right strand looking like it's under the left one.

If you don't feel like doing custom or aren't at the skill level yet to try splice in the back of Lyn's hair for the ENTIRE back of the head. It would look a lot better. Make sure to line the ponytail up with it afterwards.

EDIT: It... Really doesn't look better.

Edited by seph1212

Being a noob, decent is a compliment, thanks. I was going to try to customize the armor with Midia as base, and that failed, so I just went with the only female Paladin's armor. I guess I could of used Amelia's but I'm a nub. :(

I forgot all about the bangs shading, thanks for mentioning that.

Edit: Fixed, I believe it looks alot better.

Edited by Hello