[FE10] draft playthru!

Fenrir

But if Leanne is kidnapped, doesn't that eat a penalty? Which is why the ideal thing to do was have Nealuchi rescue her and take her away from battle...

... <_< well i'm not restarting so i suppose i'll take that penalty

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Leanne never enters combat there, so technically I don't think that's meatshielding.

Show me Leanne Meatsheilding. Really.

I just realized I could use Haar for free in 2-P, and have Elincia and Leanne as well. 8D

That's what I thought. She's not getting attacked. Just...kidnapped. So I assume it's no penalty. :awesome:

ZOMG RESCUE THE PRINCESS

And yeah, Haar is a freaking jerk.

Edited by Soul

3-1: 10 turns clear

And, thanks to my ingenuity, no penalty! Titania promoted.

3-2: 3 turns clear

Could be 2 if I were unscrupulous and had Titania trigger a ridiculously small % crit on the boss - 7%, as it were. 3's still good.

Edited by Integrity

Yeah, but I can recruit him with Marcia and use him without penalty. Recruitments don't receive penalties.

They don't? I'm pretty sure they do, and if they are not listed on the penaltie list, then that means they shouldn't be used

They don't? I'm pretty sure they do, and if they are not listed on the penaltie list, then that means they shouldn't be used

I'm pretty sure he meant that people can recruit other characters without penalty. Then he could use Haar as his free unit for 2-P.

Leanne getting captured is meatshielding without combat. She distracts an enemy and instead of it attacking one of your drafting units it is occupied by picking up Leanne. Then when you kill the guy it is easier than it would be without Leanne interfering (reduced skill and spd). Thus, penalty. Your non-drafted unit is

a: distracting a guy on enemy phase

b: weakening a guy on player phase

Sounds penalty-worthy to me. Call it the spirit of the rules rather than the letter, since something open to interpretation should obviously follow the spirit.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

3-3: 11 turns clear

Gatrie was my freebie and he did his part for the glorious nation of Greilia. Got all the treasure due to a tragic one-square mishap costing me a turn.

3-4: 12 turns clear

Almost did better but Ike whiffed a 1RKO on a particular Armor. Oh wells.

Edited by Integrity

3-4

Battle preparations:

Finally! I get La-La-Lyre. ♪ ♫ I BEXP her to lvl 20.99, and give her Blossom and an Energy Drop.

Heather gets more Max Mt steel knife forges (two).

Ike got Celerity and Provoke.

-----

Ike and Heather make their way up, along with Ranulf. With some help of the NPC laguz, Ike and Heather go on clearing the path for Ranulf. Lyre stayed in place, taking out two Swordmasters and a Halberdier, in an attempt to raise her Strike Exp. Heather got the boss kill.

Unit      Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res   Support
Ike       20.-- 50 27   2  30  29  17  25   9
Heather    3.23 44 24  14  28  34  30  22  22
Lyre      21.17 49 10   6  15  15  19   8   9

8 turns.

3-5

Battle preparations:

Once again, BEXP'd Lyre to 99, and bought Heather another max Mt steel knife, but this time, with +15% critical. It'll be useful. And of course, I bought another Secret Book at the Shop.

------

Ike stays as guard dog at the spot where he starts. Heather is on her own here. She cleared a few enemies, including the ones sorrounding Lombroso. Turns out that once Heather stole the Energy Drop from Lombroso, Lombroso was stupid enough to attack Heather at 1-range even though she had a Steel dagger equipped, and...got critikilled.

Ike       20.-- 50 27   2  30  29  17  25   9   
Heather    5.48 46 24  14  28  36  32  24  23   

4 turns.

3-6

Battle preparations:

Bought a Stormsword, a Physic staff, a Torch staff and got the Master Seal.

BEXP'd Eddie to lvl 12, and Seal'd him. 8D

Micaiah got BEXP'd to 99 Exp.

-----

I had the NPCs build a wall at the right side until the two last turns. Eddie solo'd the North side, which would later be leading him near Mordecai, at the North-East. Sothe would go through the right side, moving up to Mordecai was while Beastkilling. Micaiah saw an above-average ammount of combat, seeing as she started 1RKO'ing with a few Spd procs she gained. Simply put, "She dodged and killed all day long". :awesome:

Micaiah    8.31 33  8  27  22  23   28 11  27    A Sothe
Edward     3.58 46 28   7  34  33   16 22   9
Sothe     12.11 37 22   5  26  26   23 16  12    A Micaiah

Could have done it in 7 turns, but due to Movement issues (coming from the enemy, mostly), I couldn't.

8 turns.

3-7

Battle preparations:

Lyre got Adept and a few more Olivi grasses and Stones.

Blossom for Heather.

- Established Ike x Heather.

------

Basically, Lyre's training ground, because, all I wanted to do here was have her raise her strike Exp some more. Heather and Ike killed some enemies that would threaten Lyre. She also encountered enemies while unstransfored, even getting to proc Adept on them!

Ike       20.-- 50 27   2  30  29  17  25   9   C Heather
Heather    6.11 46 25  15  28  37  32  25  23   C Ike
Lyre      23.07 50 12   7  16  17  20   8  10

12 turns.

3-8

Battle preparations:

BEXP'd Lyre and Heather to 99 again. But this time, Heather got Adept back, and Lyre got Imbue.

More knife forges.

Ike gets Celerity.

- Increased Ike & Heather's support to a B rank.

-------

Ike went through the South checkpoint to kill enemies there. Lyre took care of the middle side to the North, and killed some left-over Generals (actually, she used them to grind her Exp strike). And Heather, straight-forward as, dealt with enemies to the South-East, ultimately killing Septimus and his homies.

Ike       20.-- 50 27   2  30  29  17  25   9   B Heather
Heather    8.07 47 26  15  30  38  33  25  23   B Ike
Lyre      24.32 50 13   7  17  18  21   9  10

8 turns.

3-9

Battle preparations:

Danved got Adept, and I removed Paragon from their former owners and threw them at the Convoy. Also, Danved got Gamble, just for the lolz.

------

The dynamic duo strike again, and even managing to pull the same turn-count as before, with help of their fellow comrades, the crappy NPCs. What I did here was, send Danved up the first ledge and deal with the enemies there, that would eventually come down (only the Halberdier carrying the Speedwings did. Again, what an idiot. 8D). Geoffrey and the NPCs made their way up. In the end, Geoffrey weaked the boss and Danved critikilled him.

Danved    16.34 45 20   8  26  26   20 19  13   A Nadved

He's ready for the rest of Part 3. Just look at those sexy stats. o3o

7 (+3) turns.

3-10

Battle preparations:

Forged more Max Mt/Crit. Steel knife forges for Heather.

BEXP'd Lyre and Heather to 99, once again.

Ike went through the big field and took care of most enemies there. Heather and Lyre took care of the lower part where a few Paladins and Generals were. Later they would assist Ike up where boss and his homies were.

Heather    9.92 48 27  15  30  38  33  25  24   B Ike
Lyre      25.22 51 14   7  18  18  21  10  10

8 turns.

3-11

Battle preparations:

Huh, I finally get them. Three more characters to make my journey easier. Much easier, considering how useful flying and 2-range can be during Part 4. Anyway:

Sigrun and Tanith both get Secret Books and BEXP to 3rd tier. Sigrun gets a Speedwings.

Danved BEXP's to lvl 20 and gets Seal'd.

Lyre, as always, gets BEXP to 99 Exp. But so do Tanith, Sigrun and Danved.

At last, I bought three Max Mt Javelins. One for Tanith, and two for Sigrun.

- Danved gets Adept.

- Lyre gets the other Adept.

------

Tanith and Sigrun were supposed to kill as many enemies as they could, in this chapter. They also cleared the path for Ike so he could take advantage of his full Movement. I ordered Tibarn and his guys to stay out of this one. I want no Exp-leeching birds in my army.

Heather    9.92 48 27  15  30  38  33  25  24   B Ike
Sigrun     5.51 43 24  19  30  29  32  24  28
Tanith     5.19 40 30  16  30  30  23  26  26
Lyre      26.43 51 14   7  18  19  21  10  11
Danved     2.75 50 27  12  28  29  25  25  19   A Nadved

8 turns.

3-12

Battle preparations:

Bought a Silver blade.

And then I BEXP'd Micaiah a bit, hoping she would get Spd.

------

My plan here was simple: Back all the NPCs up, have Micaiah and Sothe snipe from ledges, and let Eddie do most of the work. It worked out amazingly, shaving off 1 turn from my Hard Mode record.

Micaiah   11.92 34  8  29  23  24   31 11  29    A Sothe
Edward     4.13 47 29   7  34  34   16 23   9
Sothe     12.15 37 22   5  26  26   23 16  12    A Micaiah

Well, actually...the only action Sothe got in this chapter was getting to kill a Loldier that bugged him with 2-range. Micaiah took the "Death from above" role this time.

3 turns.

3-13

Battle preparations:

I BEXP Micaiah up to lvl 18.

Edward buys another Stormsword, and gets a Christmas gift from Leo: The mighty Tempest Blade.

And Micaiah buys another Physic staff for the trip to the Tower.

------

Sothe shoved Eddie so he could move down the ledge. Then he proceeded, to once again, solo the map. By the end of Enemy Phase, and at the start of my own Phase, Edward was at Resolve level, and at neutral Biorythm. So I had him kill a Tiger that was blocking the way towards Ike. On the last turn, Eddie was at high Biorythm, so, since he failed to critiblick Ike, he ended him with Astra indtead.

Micaiah   18.88 40  9  30  23  25   38 15  30    A Sothe
Edward     5.18 48 30   8  35  34   16 23  10
Sothe     12.15 37 22   5  26  26   23 16  12    A Micaiah

3-13 is the best chapter.

3 turns.

3-E

Tanith and Sigrun dominated the map. /Chapter

Okay, not precisely. But did they do most of the job around here.

Danved and Skrimir's troop took over the North side, which was filled with Paladins. Ike and Heather followed Tanith and Sigrun a bit, until they could later make their ways down the South-East of the map, killing Paladins while assisting Tibarn and his gang. Tanith and Sigrun took over most of the map, by making their ways up the North-East, where most of the enemies were, and where the Dawn Brigade were.

Heather    9.96 48 27  15  30  38  33  25  24   B Ike
Sigrun     7.23 44 25  20  32  30  34  25  29   C Tanith
Tanith     8.91 42 32  17  32  33  24  27  28
Lyre      27.55 51 15   7  19  20  21  10  11
Danved     2.75 50 27  12  28  29  25  25  19   A Nadved

Could have done it in 5, with only 4 more kills/deaths.

Dawn Brigade/Daein army characters that were killed:

Zihark (1HKO'd by Ike)

Edward (1HKO'd/Stun'd by Tanith)

Brolan (1HKO'd by Sigrun)

Kurtnaga (Killed by Tanith, with the help of Sigrun)

Tauroneo (1RKO'd by Tanith)

Meg (1HKO'd by Sigrun)

Volug (Stun'd by Sigrun)

But there was an instance that would require me to kill 10 enemies before Nailah cought on to me. I swear, I had to restart, thinking she never moved from her place. She ravagedSAVAGE'd my Sigrun once. It was really scary. But luckily, I managed.

That is all. Peace.

5 turns.

That makes 241 turns by the end of Part 3.

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS, BY THE WAY

Edited by Soul

Guess I'll post my turn counts so far.

1-P

You can't let Eddie die? Learn something new every day. Leo gave the shield to Micaiah. Like hell I'm waiting for the base before I can do it.

8 turns + 3 (Edward) + 2 (Leo) = 13 turns total

1-1

Leo can't die either? ffs, these people were MEANT to die! Nolan and Mic blaze through, with Leo and Eddie trailing behind. Edward had to rescue Mic to prevent an arrowy death.

8 turns + 3 (Ed) + 3 (Nolan) = 14 turns, 27 turns total

1-2

First off, does Eddie blocking a ledge while being attacked by archers below count as "entering combat"? Either way, Noland and Mic go up the right, Sothe destroys the top, while Leo and Eddie stop the axe user from descending. I didn't get Thani because it would take too long. I did get the Energy Drop, though.

9 turns + 3 (Nolan) = 12 turns, 39 turns total

1-3

WHY CAN'T THE DAWN BRIGADE JUST BLOODY DIE OFF?! In the end, I had 6 Game Over's, and my sister, who knows nothing about the game, helped me figure it out. No boss kill, no Discipline, and it was essentially a Sothe solo. I used Laura to shove Mic a space so that she could reach the Escape square a bit earlier. Kurth actually ended up dying for our cause.

9 turns + 3 (Laura) = 12 turns, 51 turns total

I'm not winning this.

Edited by Soren37

...I'm glad I won't end up last place. >_>

Though I have to figure out what to do for 1-6-2, cause Fiona is either suicidal, Cavs swarm and murder Miccy, or I overestimate Volug with Resolve and he ends up dying.

I'm not winning this.

im willing to had it to soul at this point...im -72 on him, so if im within 100 by the end i would be very happy

EDIT: at lvl 15, nolan has everything capped aside from HP, hes 2 off. Here i come desert!

Edited by Fenrir

Gentlemen.

3-5: 3 turns clear

A Titaniacrit could hypothetically have ended this on Turn 2 but oh wells.

Base shenanigans ensued. I needed her to gain a SPD levelup from BEXP (her fourth-highest growth) and it kept getting pushed out by LUCK, her FIFTH-highest. It took about two dozen resets and was bullshit.

3-6: 10 motherloving turns clear

FUCK. YES. I gave Laura a choice: death or glory, and she chose glory.

Daein soldiers ordered north. Micaiah with Beastfoe stands behind them and assists with Thani and Sacrifice, because I forgot to bring her a staff. Laura and Sothe pushed straight right and chokepointed the Gallians. Laura wasn't a particularly great tank - being in Worst bio for most of the map - but did enough of a job to survive with her Sothe B until the BK arrived. Sothe and Laura rotated and killed many cats for glory, with Laura occasionally Physicing one of the Daein soldiers. More planning and another try and I could have done this in 9, but I'm so fucking happy with 10 it's beyond belief.

Also: I witnessed Sothe redirect a hit from Laura to himself with Guard. YEEEEEEAAAAAAH

Edited by Integrity

3-7: 12 turns clear

Predictable/10. Mordecai mostly blew dicks, getting a stellar HP/SKL/LCK level with Blossom. Titania got, all told, about 30 XP and Ike was capped already.

3-8: 8 turns clear

Reinforcements and reinforcements and grah. The boss actually went down on turn 4. Mordecai was credit to team.

3-9: 5 turns clear

Can Sol proc at 3-range with a Longbow? If it could, I could have pulled a 4-turn (Adept + Sol at Good bio) but whatever. The Brave Lance was Brave and I was very proud of it.

3-10: 6 turns clear

Bad news: Windedge!Ike mostly 3HKOs enemies. Good news: Ike is VERY generous with Adept procs. Besides Geoffrey, the CRK suck massively. Except Calill. Calill only sucks mildly. The Crimean un-Royal knights, though, actually finished the map for me. :awesome:

3-11: 9 turns clear

Tragically, Ike ended Turn 8 ONE SQUARE AWAY from the point. With the boss dead. What luck! Titania did her best to fuck my plans by going into Worst and resolutely refusing to proc Sol in the last push.

Edited by Integrity

Ugh. Sorry guys, but I think I'm going to quit. I'm stuck at 1-7,it's too hard. I'm really really really sorry for picking for nothing, but I'm such a failure that I can't do it.Sorry for wasting your time,too. I feel bad, but I don't want to do it anymore. Sorry again.

Ugh. Sorry guys, but I think I'm going to quit. I'm stuck at 1-7,it's too hard. I'm really really really sorry for picking for nothing, but I'm such a failure that I can't do it.Sorry for wasting your time,too. I feel bad, but I don't want to do it anymore. Sorry again.

you know, you can just take a volug penalty as well as tormod.