Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lilmik's Another another another RD draft (27617) has (finally) finished drafting:

Xanderdog: Haar, Aran, Shinon, Janaff, Calill, Tauroneo, Vika, Leonardo, Danved

Soul: Edward, Volug, Marcia, Heather, Soren, Sanaki, Mordecai, Makalov, Lyre

QueenKittylincia: Titania, Laura, Ulki, Nealuchi, Rhys, Ranulf, Muarim, Fiona, Stefan

Lilmik11: Nolan, Gatrie, Nephenee, Lucia, Kieran, Giffca, Mist, Renning, Volke

PegKnightLover: Jill, Mia, Elincia, Tormod, Tibarn, Skrimir, Astrid, Nasir, Bastian

Green Oyster : Zihark, Nailah, Brom, Naesala, Rolf, Caineghis, Ena, Pelleas, Gareth

Sheebaba : Boyd, Oscar, Ilyana, Tanith, Sigrun, Meg, Lethe, Kyza, Kurthnaga

You may want to note that the order was not reversed for the last round like it should have been.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

In the logs. Thanks, boss.

Also, that thread looks like a goldmine of fun stuff to read. I think I'm gonna go flip through the first few pages.

Darros' FE4 First Gen Draft (27985) has finished drafting:

Dokutayuu: Lex, Alec, Dew, Arden, Lachesis, Tiltyu

Darros: Ayra, Jamka, Aideen, Briggid, Fin, Tiltyu

General Horace: Cuan, Sylvia, Fury, Beowolf, Midayle, Tiltyu

Octavian: Levin, Noish, Ethlin, Azel, Holyn, Tiltyu

Edited by Radiant Kitty

I have a question regarding the rules in RD 3-1 drafting. I feel like if only 7 move units are allowed so that the player can't use Titania, Oscar, and Gatrie, then at least make Soren and Rhys available to be free. What are they going to do that's better than the other units? And they only have 6 move.

Edited by Xanderdog

Another Another Another RD Draft(hosted by me)

1.Xanderdog: Haar,Aran,Shinon,Janaff,Calill,Tauroneo,Vika,Leonardo,Danved

2.Soul: Edward,Volug,Marcia,Heather,Soren,Sanaki,Mordecai,Makalov,Lyre

3.QueenKittylincia: Titania,Laura,Ulki,Nealuchi,Rhys,Ranulf,Muarim,Fiona,Stefan

4.Lilmik11: Nolan,Gatrie,Nephenee,Lucia,Kieran,Giffca,Mist,Renning,Volke

5.PegKnightLover: Jill,Mia,Elincia,Tormod,Tibarn,Skrimir,Astrid,Nasir,Bastian

6.Green Oyster : Zihark,Nailah,Brom,Naesala,Rolf,Caineghis,Ena,Pelleas,Gareth

7.Sheebaba : Boyd,Oscar,Ilyana,Tanith,Sigrun,Meg,Lethe,Kyza,Kurthnaga

I have a question regarding the rules in RD 3-1 drafting. I feel like if only 7 move units are allowed so that the player can't use Titania, Oscar, and Gatrie, then at least make Soren and Rhys available to be free. What are they going to do that's stopping them from being useful? And they only have 6 move.

About this...

Oops. Anyway, I forgot to tell you that I finished the ANOTHER RD draft with 375 turns.Btw, I completely agree that unit with 6 moves you should be free in 3-1. It's not like they are going to break the chapter.

Edited by Lilmik11

I honestly don't have an answer for you. I was hoping somebody else would pop up :P

I'd wager it was because the delineation was convenient, though.

EDIT: @Mik: Right, in.

Edited by Integrity

I have a question regarding the rules in RD 3-1 drafting. I feel like if only 7 move units are allowed so that the player can't use Titania, Oscar, and Gatrie, then at least make Soren and Rhys available to be free. What are they going to do that's better than the other units? And they only have 6 move.

Because it's cleaner this way. Why pick Soren or Rhys when you could pick Boyd, Mia or Shinon? Unless you somehow drafted all 3 of those, but then you don't really need a free unit anyway. It also serves to give some value to two already mediocre picks.

Honestly, I'm not extremely opposed to it, but I also don't believe it is necessary in the slightest.

Edit: Actually, I could see Soren as being viable if you want to give him all of your BEXP to make him double (this takes abuse though, so...) with 1-2 range, but he's still 2HKO'd.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Btw, I completely agree that unit with 6 moves you should be free in 3-1. It's not like they are going to break the chapter.

A 6 Move unit is already free in 3-3, so making the same ones free in 3-1 would unnecessarily devalue them. Changing it between the chapters splits it up more evenly so that the unit you use can't be the same in both.

And RD's answer for the main question. There's really no point to arbitrarily adding them in. If you want a healer, use Mist. If you want powerful range, Shinon should suffice. And that's really all those two are good for already.

I'd highly recommend you and anyone planning to make an FE10 draft to hold.

I don't think it's really a great idea to make a FE10 draft at the moment. Wait at least a month, school just began for some, wait for some drafts to finish. I learned these things the hard way :P

Wait 'til others have finished some of their FE10 drafts.

I didn't say I was going to host one now.

Also, I was looking through the OP to remind myself of how many drafts I have to finish, and I noticed that Soul (Angru Mainya or something like that) isn't bolded as the creator of FE10 Draft EX.

Edited by Radiant Kitty