Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A New Kind of FE4 Draft (28841) has finished drafting.

1. Second Pronoun {AideenMidayle, JamkaAyra, LachesisAlec, FuryClaude, BriggidHolyn, TiltyuLex}, Ares, Ethlin, Cuan

2. Lorddomu {AideenNoish, HolynAyra, LachesisLex, FuryFin, BriggidJamka, TiltyuAzel}, Shanan, Laylea, Johan

3. Komatsu {AideenAlec, LexAyra, LachesisAzel, FuryBeowulf, BriggidDew, TiltyuLevin}, Altenna, Leaf, Johalva

Edited by Komatsu

I still don't like it, but it's in.

EDIT: Christ, Darros, you just fucked up the logs.

EDIT2: Restored. Whew.

Edited by Integrity

(FE4) SOYO Draft III #28883 has finished drafting.

Dokutayuu: (Briggid, Patty, Faval) (Fury, Fee, Sety), Azel, Holyn, Dimna, Sharlow, Radney, Janne, Midir, Shanan

second pronoun (Tiltyu, Arthur, Tinny) (Ayra, Lakche, Skasaher), Beowulf, Jamka, Johalva, Daisy, Mana, Hawk, Fin, Ares

Refa (Lachesis, Delmud, Nanna) (Ethlin, Leaf, Altenna), Claude, Hannibal, Asaello, Linda, Femina, Amid, Laylea, Noish

General Horace (Sylvia, Leen, Corple) (Aideen, Lana, Lester), Ardan, Alec, Johan, Tristan, Dew, Cuan, Roddleban, Levin

I don't have Generic Rulesets for it yet, but here's the unit list for FE12, in order, assuming Marth and Rickard are free, and MU is banned.

In the order of the Unit list on the main part of the site

Luke

Rody

Cecille

Arran

Gordin

Ryan

Draug

Malliesia

Catria

Warren

Cord

Linde

Palla

Bord

Julian

Matthis

Wrys

Ogma

Yumina

Yubello

Sirius

Castor

Caeda

Barst

(Rickard)

Frey

Norne

Samto

Wendell

Caesar

Radd

Navarre

Feena

Cain

Bantu

Roger

Jeorge

Minerva

Etzel

Merric

Ellerean

Dice

Malice

Horace

Jake

Darros

Robert

Belf

Leiden

Beck

Athena

Xane

Tiki

Est

Dolph

Abel

Macellan

Astram

Katarina

Tomas

Sheema

Samson

Frost

Rohsea

Vyland

Sedgar

Wolf

Midia

Ymir

Michalis

Nagi

An excellent point raised by second pronoun, there's no mention of the rules about utilizing the jealousy system in FE4. Whilst the benefits are incredibly situation, it does have some applications. I really don't think it warrants being banned but it's something to think about.

I'm actually wondering about something for my future FE9 Random Normal draft, I'm considering banning Titania but I don't know if the lower difficulty would be enough to make soloing the early chapters with Ike and keeping a not-stupidly-crippled turncount plausible. In either case, she'd most likely be free for Chapter 8 anyway.

Also, two questions about the BEXP limits, does the normal-limit BEXP stack with the 50-EXP per chapter limits or can you not award the 50 after you've done the first-opprotunity one? Also, when do you have to do the first-opprotunity one?

Sorry if I'm bugging you since you don't like FE9.

Goddammit, you know I don't like FE9. :P

1: FE9 Normal Mode is pointless, but you know I think that. That said, banning Titania is going to give whoever got Oscar or Boyd a FUCKING ENORMOUS (even bigger than marcia or jill unhandicapped big) advantage. We're talking turns in the double-digits. On the other hand, making Titania draftable is just going to give whoever got Titania a similar advantage. There's a reason the girl's free.

2: You must do the initial BEXP infusion as soon as you're able or lose the opportunity. In most instances, this means the first deploy screen after you get them. In the case of the first couple units, this means the first base screen in chapter (8?). The 50XP per chapter can be done every chapter for forever.

Sorry, got some more things to sort out:

1) I just don't want my draft to be a Titsy-fest. :E: Perhaps I might have her banned from Chapter 9 onwards or something like that.

2) What if you don't have enough BEXP when you first get to the base? Also does that mean you can put 50 on top of the original infusion?

I'm sorry you still hate Jeigans irrationally. Having her banned from a point on is a solution, at least. That's what was done with Marcus in the FE7 NM drafts IIRC.

It's pretty much inconceivable that you won't have enough BEXP. But if you don't, it's your own fault and you should have planned ahead and the opportunity is lost.

I imagine the infusion takes the place of the free 50.

[spoiler=FE12 Unit List in main game recruitment order]

[spoiler=prologue joining order]

Ryan

Luke

Rody

Caeda/Shiida

Wrys

Athena

Gordin

Merric

Cecille

Draug

Ogma

Cain

Est

Luke

Rody

Cecille

Arran

Gordin

Ryan

Draug

Malliesia

Catria

Warren

Cord

Linde

Palla

Bord

Julian

Matthis

Wrys

Ogma

Yumina

Yubello

Sirius

Castor

Caeda

Barst

(Rickard)

Frey

Norne

Samto

Wendell

Caesar

Radd

Navarre

Feena

Cain

Bantu

Roger

Jeorge

Minerva

Etzel

Merric

Ellerean

Dice

Malice

Horace

Jake

Darros

Robert

Belf

Leiden

Beck

Athena

Xane

Tiki

Est

Dolph

Abel

Macellan

Astram

Katarina

Tomas

Sheema

Samson

Frost

Rohsea

Vyland

Sedgar

Wolf

Midia

Ymir

Michalis

Nagi

My last list, but spoiler'd and with prologue joining order separated.

Edited by 13thshadow

I'm actually wondering about something for my future FE9 Random Normal draft, I'm considering banning Titania but I don't know if the lower difficulty would be enough to make soloing the early chapters with Ike and keeping a not-stupidly-crippled turncount plausible. In either case, she'd most likely be free for Chapter 8 anyway.

Also, two questions about the BEXP limits, does the normal-limit BEXP stack with the 50-EXP per chapter limits or can you not award the 50 after you've done the first-opprotunity one? Also, when do you have to do the first-opprotunity one?

Sorry if I'm bugging you since you don't like FE9.

I'd be interested in this.

With some thinking... The FE12 Generic Ruleset is made. Feel free to argue about it, people who know FE12 more than me and Integ.

[spoiler=FE12 Generic Ruleset]Drafting

This draft is for 7 players

Marth, Arran, Feena, and Rickard are free for all.

The game will be played on (difficulty)

Rules

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, and shop.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to opening chests/doors.

3. You must use any drafted characters you have in the Prologue, but are also free to use others assuming you have space

4. You are free to reclass undrafted units to whatever you want.

Other

1: No wifi, no Rainbow Potion

2: Must obtain Real Ending

3: Male Class Set Combination is fine.

4: No Lunatic Statboosters

5: No Forging

6: No Warpskipping

(To Quote oval: No Warp-skipping means that you can't do either of the following

1: Warp Marth.

2: Rescue Marth with a unit that has been Warped previously in the chapter.)

Penalties

1: Having an undrafted unit perform any action besides recruiting characters, visit houses, trade, and shop is a 5-turn penalty.

Teams

(Names and draft order go here.)

Unit List

[spoiler=FE12 Unit List in main game recruitment order]

[spoiler=prologue joining order]

Ryan

Luke

Rody

Caeda/Shiida

Wrys

Athena

Gordin