Fuyuki's Holy Grail War (Sign-Ups/Discussion Topic)

EchoingPewter

@Pairings

I thought you might have, but I read the post (properly) several days ago, and couldn't find the quote when I skimmed the post yesterday. (Ah well, there goes any right for me to tell people to read posts properly XD)

I agree completely that an individual doesn't have to like another to interact. Being the horrible, destructive hostile RP'er I am. I usually spend more time picking fights with others, opposed to sticking to my "friends" group. It's just that being a M/S with someone gives the impression that they'll be your main source of interactions. Since it'd be awkward to have a Servant who goes "Screw my Master, I'm going to go and spend every day of the week on the other side of town with a decent Magus" XD

Furthermore, people I don't like, I usually don't like (in RP's) because our RP styles aren't compatible. I really don't want to log on each day dreading the boring generic crap, my next conversation will most likely be. That's not to say I'm a good Rp'er. But Snowy for example, Esphyr was an annoying emo, Mana was a constant headache, and Helenos was plain dumb. I assume to Snowy they were decent characters. But to me.... well you now know how I feel. (Don't worry Snowy already knows my hostile attitude towards him XD). Either way, I prefer to be able to somewhat get along with my partner, opposed to wanting to stab them in their sleep :P

Hmm, whether to join now and wait for someone interesting, or to hold off and join once I see someone interesting.... that is the stupid question.

@Free-Time

Hmmm, the concept of free-time inbetween events worries me a bit, mainly because it's "do whatever you want, be creative" time. And if people decide to spread out, some end up having nothing to do due to their own uncreativeness. And those without a proper grasp on the world, probably will just scratch their head at eating Taiyakifor 80yen. And then hobble home and sleep XD

@Keeping things open

I suppose, seems a bit off, but it also makes things seem more open and friendly. (As does the detachment from the Nasu-verse, really don't want to see another "Village A doesn't exist" scenario XD (CoH). Interesting how you've decided to make the setting pre-summoning though. I thought it'd be left open like everything else, so that some characters could have developed bonds, but I'm happy with a "Meet your damn partner, he/she's this scrawny/brawny kid here" type thing XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another question because I'm bored.

With NP(hantasms)'s, I'm not sure what constitutes as magic (magician) and what's thaumaturgy, but I guess I'll ask directly when I have a character mapped out better in my head.

Always have no idea how to respond when people comment on my avatar :/ Errr... thanks I guess?XD

Go die in a hole Snowy, otherwise "Cuddles" would like to give you a tight hug around the neck..... but first I need to go buy some disinfectant. :P

Edited by Kanami

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as I said, the free-time is a variable currently. I don't know how long it'll be open or what. And besides, Master and Servant must in most cases remain close to each other, so that's two people that can put their creative juices to use (as Servants CAN wear human clothing after all, hell, Lancer and Rider were actually employed in the original Fate/Stay Night).

Think of magic as spells that require no preparation whatsoever. Such as just shooting a fireball out of your hand. Even if your magic is restored within gems, it still requires a small verse to draw that prana out. No Thaumaturgy is instant, it must be an incantation. How long the incantation is (number of verses) is how strong it is. Not that the Master has to stand still during it, but this does help concentration. Not to mention if a Servant is attacking you while doing this, you're likely not getting it off. The Master's role is more support than the Servant which would be the main offense in a battle (which should be obvious). Magecraft is magical science, so creating a fireball out of nothing is impossible in magecraft. Whereas Thaumaturgy creates symbols in the air to bring the spell out from.

Does that make sense? That's probably the best way I can look at it, as it's not exact as to what it is (however, only Servants have ever just casted something (however they can have Magecraft to, just kinda pointless), all the Masters had to say something, hence my suggestion that Thaumaturgy must be an incantation).

EDIT: I hate that I keep forgetting things. If you have that much of a problem with the people that sign-up, then speak to me about it before I assign everyone so I would know exactly who my options are for you. Otherwise I can't help you.

This RP will be starting after New Years for sure, just so that clears things up. However, that is one requirement, as I said the other is there must be four pairs of Master/Servant.

Edited by EchoingPewter

Hmm, well that example did clear up a few things for me, thanks.

As I said in my earlier post though, I'm not too fond of anyone XD *picky*

So being paired with Snowy, Azusa, roym or even you is not to my liking XD

But if there's no alternative options, anyone's fine. It's really just a personal issue, and not something I'm actually expecting you to solve for me :P

Hmm, well that example did clear up a few things for me, thanks.

As I said in my earlier post though, I'm not too fond of anyone XD *picky*

So being paired with Snowy, Azusa, roym or even you is not to my liking XD

But if there's no alternative options, anyone's fine. It's really just a personal issue, and not something I'm actually expecting you to solve for me :P

That is an issue as simple as picking your partner before you are drafted into a partnership, Tsuki.

'Sides, I'm signed up as a servant, so there's pretty much no chance of us ending up paired. last thing I want is your first post to read:

"I've grown bored of this war. You, Lancer, go kill yourself."

=P

@Roymbrog

So am I, but I get called a male all the time.

If I have to deal with it on the internet, means you have to too :P

I'll keep it in mind for future reference

@Azusa

(Snowy's a servant too). But I haven't decided on which side I'm going to be on, so I don't see how that rules out anything. I did mention NP's, but my question was also geared at Magi limitation (before they become magicians)

And I'm glad you haven't forgotten how I work ;)

Edited by Kanami

Oh my, how would you ever expect me to forget?

Haha.

Still, the point was you can attempt to steer away from such relations you have no wish for. As an example, were you to sign up a servant, the chances of you and I, or you and Snowy, working side-by-side are slim to none.

Also, I sent you a reply to that Email, Pewter.

Would be happy to be the other side of your team, Kanami, but I'm pretty sure that if I join, someone else would go through hell and high water to assert himself as that slot, so, meh.

That said, still uncertain if joining, etc.

Also wouldn't it be easier to do messages through, I dunno, the PM system here on SF?

Edited by Purg

Hey, a good portion of the people who loathed me a year ago don't care for me anymore. Pushing their buttons doesn't work anymore :( so I hate to mash their buttons as if I were playing dynasty warriors (or something) in the hope that one of the buttons will make them angry.... either I'm getting too old for this, or you people are getting smarter. Probability leans heavily towards my age

Don't know about the "slim-to-none" comment. Usually in FSN it's pair going up against several other pairs. But from what I've read so far, it doesn't seem like it'll just be pair1 trying to defeat pair2. Otherwise it'd turn into an RP which locks itself into only communicating with ones partner, with a few insults hurled about during battle.

Could make a servant..... but nyeh.... not sure. I mean, I'm so very very tired of

"Damian jumped forward and thrusted himself at *Random person A*"

"RpA squealed in pain"

"Damian continued his attack relentlessly until RpA was all sweaty and gasping for air before finishing (RpA) off"

Seems more fun, just standing off to the side and trying to seem important XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q: How important is a connection/partnership? I mean if a Master dies, will that make the servant vanish too? I think I read somewhere that the Master sends Prana to the servant, but doess the Servant have Od which it can draw on? (Or the ability to draw in mana) Or is the prana from a Master as important as food for us?

Well, if a master dies, the servant doesn't dissipate immediately, as they still retain whatever they had when the Master perished. However, they don't remain for very long, to say the least. If they can't find a new Master quickly, chances are they are boned. Archers last a while longer than the others due to Independant Action, however.

EDIT: Servants can also increase their longevity/strength by devouring human souls.

Edited by Azusa Nakano

So there's nothing stopping me from killing my Master and treating Fuyuki city as an all-you-can-eat buffet?

Either way, sounds close enough to food for me :/

"Boned".... such an interesting word to use there :/

Ah well, will ask two or three people to see if they're interested. :/ Even if it's going to be a no, considering they haven't joined already

If I end up not joining, at least I managed to kill a few hours here already XD

Also, if you commanded your Servant to kill his/herself, they don't have to do it right away. They could kill you too before doing so (exampled in Fate/UBW, one of the VN paths too). So it'd basically be getting yourself out of the RP too. *shrug*

On the Servant side, there's the issue that everyone will end up finding out who you are, and likely kill you. Because unless you choose Caster, you'd have to resort to forceful means of devouring humans. Not to mention your Servant has to have a similar personality to who they were in their legend. You can't pick Heracles and make him anything short of brave, skilled, etc. So you'd have to find an Evil Spirit that wouldn't have a problem in the world with cannibalism, or someone that would do literally anything to win.

And Purg, I'm not sure what to tell you on that one.

Edited by EchoingPewter

Don't mind Kanami, Echo, this is how she always is XD

So, thinking about joining this. If I don't post a character within the next few days, count me out.

Interesting idea you've laid out with this RP.

Few questions though:

How far can we stray from the original person's personality? I mean, not asking if we can go nutso here, but, as long as we generally follow what they were like, with little changes, it's all good, yeah?

And, are we allowed to choose who we get paired with before the RP starts, or are you just gonna throw us at each other?

Agh, typos

Edited by seph1212

I don't see the point of being too rigid with personalities, I mean if it's really that big an issue and you want to make your Heracles a nerdy bookworm, just make an original hero called Horacles who is a bookworm XD

But I do agree a physically weak Heracles would be wrong. As long as the core meaning remains the same, I don't see any reason to stick any closer to the historic bio.

And Seph! :o You silly illiterate boy, I asked the same question a few posts up. Apparently we get to pick, and those that don't pick will be randomly assigned by Echo

@Echo

Yeah XD What Seph said, don't take my comments seriously, well not all the time at least anyway. Forgot you weren't used to me yet. Azusa, Snowy and Seph all know me from previous RP's and I won't kill my Master without a somewhat legitimate reason..... :P That said, probably going with a Master anyway since Azusa seems to want me to be a Servant too. (Silly Ether, I don't want to fight your overpowered crazy beserker phallus character)

Giving it a shot. Her myth is pretty debatable, so I chose what I thought would fit.

Name:

Atlanta

Class: Berserker

Description: A strong woman standing at about 5'10". She is adorned partially in golden body-armor, with a clawed gauntlet on each arm, and an armored boot from her feet to her knees. Her amor spikes outward at the knees and elbows. She wears a helmet shaped to resemble a lion head, covering most of her short brown hair and partially the back of her head. It slightly conceals her maddened eyes. Under the armor she wears a relatively tight black body-suit.

Personality: Due to being a Berserker, she is unlikely to say anything other than growls and grunts. Her loyalty to her master is dependent on their strength, though it is incredibly likely that she will charge the first servant she sees. In battle she acts like a wild animal, snarling and even moving on all-fours at times. She was a particularly proud warrior before her transformation, and it is likely to show through disobedience and recklessness. She harbors a deep hatred that shows in battle.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Lion's Hold-Her armor is a Noble Phantasm itself. It is strong enough to protect her from a variety of attacks, but it is primarily used to increase the strength of her punches and kicks. It's not the strongest of armors, as it is lightweight to give her mobility and agility.

Huntress Spirit-An innate ability giving her increased strength and speed as she is wounded.

Brief summary on their legend:

Abandoned at birth for not being born male, Atlanta was raised by a bear, and developed the instinct of a wild animal. She became one of the greatest hunters in Greece, but was often denied privileges due to her gender. Wrestling became a great skill of hers. She attained glory when hunting the Calydonian Boar, but a quarrel afterward due to her gender lead to the death of some interested in the prize. Her father, a King, decided to take her back. He decided that he would marry her off to one who could beat her in a foot race, a practice in which she was almost unbeatable. An admirer named Melanion had help from the goddess Aphrodite, and received three golden apples to distract Atlanta with during the race. Melanion managed to win and claim Atlanta. In his joy he forget to thank Aphrodite with a sacrifice, and as he lay with Atlanta in a surge of passion, Aphrodite transformed the two into lions.

Reason you fight: She despises higher beings such as the gods for being able to toy with mortals so freely, as she had been. Her wish is to ascend to the Heavens and take vengeance. If she cannot have that, she will be satisfied in proving that she is slave to no one, not even her gender, and show that she is the strongest hunter in existence by wishing for the greatest beast or warrior of all time, and fighting it.

did someone say overpowered crazy berserker phallus character?

Name: Ragnar

Class: Saber

Description: A stout, muscular man with a magnificent brown beard, bounded only by horned helm upon his head. His face and body look just as fierce and intimidating as the axe he carries-- chipped, cracked, worn, battered, yet still a tool of brutal, messy slaughtering. Chainmail and leather armor cover his body.

Personality: Warmonger of the highest order, otherwise a fully confident braggart, constantly telling his men of the great battles he has fought in, reveling in the wealth and spoils he has acquired, and reminding everyone why he is the legendary hero Ragnar

Noble Phantasm(s):

Ragnarok-- A bunch of valkyries descend from Valhalla and bring with them a cadre of fierce Viking warriors, which then go to dogpile said enemies. Power varies on situation, Ragnar might want to call up some drinking buddies or some people to tell his exploits to.

RAGNAR's legend: A great viking pirate, raider, and commander, said to have been a direct descendant of the god Odin himself. He made constant raids on France and Britain using the mobility and unpredictability of the Viking longships to his advantage. He constantly sought to outdo himself and continue his conquests, lest his sons gain more fame than he.

Reason he fights: To ensure that no man shall ever have a legend greater than his. To instill the fear of the glorious Vikings to all that oppose him. To sail his great longship over a sea of gold and blood. To die in battle and live amongst the gods in Valhalla. To crush his enemies, see them driven before him, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

TO THOSE WHO WISH TO BE RAGNAR'S MASTER, RAGNAR PROMISES MOUNTAINS OF GOLD, THE ANNIHILATION OF ALL ENEMIES, GLORIOUS POEMS AND SONGS SET TO YOUR NAME, THE FEAR AND RESPECT OF ALL LESSER NATIONS (FOR THERE IS NO GREATER NATION THAN THAT OF THE VIKING EMPIRE), THE GREATEST WINE SERVED IN THE SKULLS OF THE CONQUERED, AND UNENDING VICTORY. And you get to sit at the cool kids' table in Valhalla.

Edited by rn7

So that's 4 Servants and two Masters now :/

And there goes the double that I was hoping could be avoided XD But ah well.

Now that Donald Err I mean rn7's joined, I see Cats, Fush and Purg on the horizon :/

Can't have one of the 4 sacerd LoTE Beasts without the others right? XD

Now I just need to brace myself for text walls, when I join XD

Ragnar had me interested until the skulls, I'm evil, spiteful and rude, but I don't have any desire to drink out of skulls thanks XD

Edited by Kanami

Well, I only have a small problem with your signup rn7. If you wish to sign-up as a Berserker, your Servant must be under the Mad Enhancement influence, so his personality would only really be known to his Master since they can communicate mentally. Other than that, it's good, if you can accept that change, then it'll be accepted.

As for you, RPG, we've already discussed this, so yours is accepted as well. Well, my plan wasn't for more than Lancer to get two, but I had the slots for a reason. *shrug*

NOTICE: Until the slots become absolutely necessary, the secondary slots for the remaining Servant classes are CLOSED! If you really, really, and I mean really, want a class someone else already has snagged, then speak with me through one of the provided means and I'll consider it, after all, the slots are still there anyways, so it's not like I'll outright reject it.

And yes, Kanami already answered your question seph. However, I'll be a little lenient on the personality as the character could go off the arguement of actuality (how they really were in comparison to how people told the legend to benefit the text, such as Saber in Fate/Stay Night being female when it was King Arthur where obviously being male in Arthurian legend. One of the NPC Servants is even going off said arguement). Just don't go overboard, as you said.

Two Berserkers may end up being a little awkward. If I think of something better, I'll use that instead.

RAGNAR WILL NOT BE OUTDONE BY CAPITAL OF GEORGIA, RAGNAR'S SPECIALTY IS CONQUERING CITIES AND BURNING THEM DOWN

We do not fear your caps.

Two Berserkers may end up being a little awkward. If I think of something better, I'll use that instead.
Why? *grabs popcorn* Two senseless overgrown apes smashing eachother on the head? Eh Wrestling does it, why can't you?

RAGNAR WILL NOT BE OUTDONE BY CAPITAL OF GEORGIA, RAGNAR'S SPECIALTY IS CONQUERING CITIES AND BURNING THEM DOWN

We do not fear your caps.

*Curls up into a ball* Please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me-please-don't-hurt-me.....

Well, due to some reconsideration, the second Lancer slot is no longer taken (this is partly to help the two class issue to stay to as little of the classes as possible for now, but mostly because this'll help certain issues more). Now the currently taken Servant spots are:

(The unregistered Archer still - NPC use)

Avenger (NPC use)

Caster (NPC use)

Berserker (x2)

Lancer

Rider

Please remember that the second slots of the other Servants are closed until needed or discussed with me. Thank you.

Edited by EchoingPewter