This is a greeting

Tormod

Oh, uh, hey. I guess I should maybe stop lurking... and that means starting by posting an introduction, doesn't it?

I've been following Fire Emblem since it first arrived on western shores, and during the initial popularity boom for the series I was riding along with it, even going as far as to try to play FE8 in moonspeak right after it came out (And being moderately successful), but somewhere along the line I just grew tired of things; at Radiant Dawn's release, I just couldn't bring myself to care and needed a break.

Well, break's over, and coming back to have finally completed Radiant Dawn/Sword of Seals, and attempting the games prior to that, I have to say... god damn has everything ever changed. In a way, I'm kind of fine with it - the fact that the way units are valued, the standards on which discussions and comparisons are based, has completely changed is intriguing to me.

Still, is there a place for someone here who willingly chooses to remain a novice? Actions like promoting a character early are horrific to me, and I still can't bring myself to use Marcus or Seth or Jeigen or etc early on, no matter how much they make the early game easier, because the EXP I'm losing is something I could really benefit from. I spend the time to do silly things like maxing Ross' level in the map he's recruited in, or the one after, so he can promote ASAP. I play in a style where the idea of a lord not being max level when they promote is simply unfathomable and must be prevented. I still prefer characters who turn out better even if it means putting some investment into them... and while I might finish a chapter fairly quickly, that'll be more of a side bonus and is never really my objective. And I bloody love archers, enemy phase be damned.

...But yeah. That's just me. Hello to everyone; I hope to be mildly constructive to the community, even if it's just to be laughed at :3

inb4souldsaysGARlyle.

Hi.

If you go into a tier list topic and say this stuff prepare to be flamed.

Or Lumi'd.

Well, I'm sure one or two of the sentences are fine. But just that one.

But anyway, welcome to the forest, read the rules, and don't drink too much while on here.

Hey, don't worry. Like I said, I'm interested in the tiers, and I've been lurking around long enough to understand all the value placed on characters like Seth and Marcus and I'm not gonna deny it; but using them early on just really does not fit my playstyle. I recognise fully that playing for maximum speed vs playing relaxed are two very different mindsets that put value on completely different sets of qualities, and I don't really intend to try to clash one against the other or anything silly like that.

Either way, thank you all for worrying :3

Oh, and never, EVER trash-talk Seth. You'll see why, if you stick around
Or Lumi'd.

If it's any indication that I have been lurking around long enough to understand the way debates are handled - I know exactly who and what you are talking about :3

Edited by Garlyle