Astrid's Fiancee (Did I spell that right?)

fefan117

Astrid could easily poison his food or drinks, she doesn't necessarily have to battle him ^^'. Knowing her character though I bet she would be incapable, she's better off with Makalov alone.

or with Gatrie, way too go IS makin a perfect couple be separated by a drunken lout and having unhappy endings.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Gatrie's ending seems to indicate that he is...

Perpetual Guardian, Gatrie

Gatrie became a famous mercenary and a household name. Fate led him to find many women but never true love.

Still think he's not a womaniser?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

He thought he was a womanizer for all of his life...?

If you are promiscuous and never commit to a relationship or marry, then you are a womanizer. That is how the word is defined. There is no 'he thinks he's a womanizer but he's really not'. He probably doesn't even think of himself as a womanizer. He is described by the game as a womanizer, not himself.

Edited by Anouleth

Gatrie is too much of a womanizer to get tied down with anybody, Astrid included.

The same thing could be said of FE7's Sain. But however, the main difference is that he does have different ending possibilities depending on who he's paired with. That makes me wonder why the same couldn't be done for Gatrie. :/

I think people sometimes exaggerate how bad Makalov is. All he really has is a gambling problem and he tends to get desperate when he has huge debts, which is natural. Sure, it's stupid to get into those debts in the first place, but if you look past that, he's a really nice guy, so despite Makalov's problems, he and Astrid would have a good life together. Certainly better than being with Lekain. I imagine him to be the kind who would abuse his wife for the tiniest things, and I don't think I'm too far off.

All he really has is a gambling problem and he tends to get desperate when he has huge debts, which is natural.

And he has a drinking problem, and he runs away from his debts rather than trying to resolve them. Now, that still isn't completely unnatural, and of course Astrid is better off with the good guy rather than the bad guy. But she also seems in complete denial of Makalov's problems, so even with her at his side it's likely he'll remain like that for most if not all of his life, and Astrid will have to clean up behind him all that time.

I forgot about his drinking problem, but:

she also seems in complete denial of Makalov's problems

That's what I'm trying to point out, and something people keep ignoring; it's not like Astrid is forced into marrying Makalov and hates him, she's madly in love with him. So considering all that, they'll probably live happily ever after.

so even with her at his side it's likely he'll remain like that for most if not all of his life, and Astrid will have to clean up behind him all that time.

The ending actually states that she's never able to make him change his ways, so yeah, I guess she does clean up after him all the time.

The ending actually states that she's never able to make him change his ways, so yeah, I guess she does clean up after him all the time.

Well, Marcia hates doing it, but she helps him out as well. I doubt she'd stop just because he got married. So now he has two people cleaning up after him.

I think people sometimes exaggerate how bad Makalov is. All he really has is a gambling problem and he tends to get desperate when he has huge debts, which is natural. Sure, it's stupid to get into those debts in the first place, but if you look past that, he's a really nice guy, so despite Makalov's problems, he and Astrid would have a good life together. Certainly better than being with Lekain. I imagine him to be the kind who would abuse his wife for the tiniest things, and I don't think I'm too far off.

The difference between Joshua and Makalov is that Joshua cheats. Yet somehow, Joshua is popular but everyone dislikes Makalov.

The difference between Joshua and Makalov is that Joshua cheats. Yet somehow, Joshua is popular but everyone dislikes Makalov.

Maybe because Joshua is good looking and wouldn't try to get his family or anyone to pay off debt for him. Or because very few people seem to find out that Joshua cheats. Or maybe even because Joshua understands at least basic concepts of damage control.