ThatGuyDownTheStreet's Sprite Topic

ThatGuyDownTheStreet

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a80d634edab4ece27f5f37089374f913.png

A rainbow of things to discuss

Black - These cliffs are facing the wrong directions. Use the opposite facing ones, easy fix.

White - This road seems rather awkwardly and randomly placed. Roads lead somewhere, that's their purpose. This one doesn't really lead you anywhere.

Yellow - The red colored forts have pretty good placing, but the neutral ones seem hastily plopped down just to take up space. Forts are normally built somewhere strategic.

Blue - Copy the circled tile and place it where the arrow is pointing. Right now it's a really abrupt jump from peak to mountain. The corner tile is meant to transition from peak to mountain or peak to grass.

Red - The mountain itself seems rather lopsided. There's a bunch of shadowed pieces, but not much non-shadowed pieces. It makes the mountain seem like it hanging in midair on one side.

a80d634edab4ece27f5f37089374f913.png

A rainbow of things to discuss

Black - These cliffs are facing the wrong directions. Use the opposite facing ones, easy fix.

White - This road seems rather awkwardly and randomly placed. Roads lead somewhere, that's their purpose. This one doesn't really lead you anywhere.

Yellow - The red colored forts have pretty good placing, but the neutral ones seem hastily plopped down just to take up space. Forts are normally built somewhere strategic.

Blue - Copy the circled tile and place it where the arrow is pointing. Right now it's a really abrupt jump from peak to mountain. The corner tile is meant to transition from peak to mountain or peak to grass.

Red - The mountain itself seems rather lopsided. There's a bunch of shadowed pieces, but not much non-shadowed pieces. It makes the mountain seem like it hanging in midair on one side.

I sort of just used the red forts as spawning points and the neutral ones for oinly healing, but I guess since the forts are man-made they would be built in strategic areas as well. As for the cliffs, it seems to be the left ones, since it's one of those side cliffs. IDK, maybe they're not supposed to be used in the way I use them.

Anyways, thanks fr the critique. I'll see when I can fix up this map.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks pretty good but he has a pixel (green circle) that looks kinda out of place. Also I don't know what it's called but the thing I circled in red looks kinda odd, like it's being pushed out. Also it has a yellow orangie line next to it that looks odd.

helpscythe.png

It looks pretty good but he has a pixel (green circle) that looks kinda out of place. Also I don't know what it's called but the thing I circled in red looks kinda odd, like it's being pushed out. Also it has a yellow orangie line next to it that looks odd.

helpscythe.png

The red circle is from Wolt, so maybe his angle is out of place compared to this portrait. I'll take a look at the green circle later, as I can't really see it without zooming in.

his hair is confusing me. like, the whole scalp thing.

IDK, it's Wil's scalp. It probably needs some work though.

IDK, it's Wil's scalp. It probably needs some work though.

Yeah I think Fuzz or somebody used it before and it just doesn't look right. There's no hair flow :O Maybe it looks better on Wil though, idk (Wil's mug just generally scares the shit out of me)

Yeah I think Fuzz or somebody used it before and it just doesn't look right. There's no hair flow :O Maybe it looks better on Wil though, idk (Wil's mug just generally scares the shit out of me)

Oh, interesting. No that I look at it, I'm not even sure if that's a scalp, but I guess that would make a lot of sense in this case.

If anyone used Wil it was me, I don't think I've made a splice with out Wil or Kent.

Uh, Generally clean splice. I feel like his skin should be darker, but that is just opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

shape looks bad face looks clunky shading looks bad

As for shape and shading, I'm still sort of working that out since it's still a WIP, unless you mean the face, which I'm sort of still working on, but I guess if it's really that bad then it would be nice to know where exactly these flaws are. Also, could you elaborate on "clunky?" I'm not sure what you mean by that.