What You Want To Know About The Above Poster Most

Randoman

2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Do you like avocados?

Not to be rude, but I didn't ask you. Someone else asked you a question, and you should probably answer it.

Minerva.

Yes, and my apologies, I thought you strictly had to awnser the question of the latest poster in the thread.

14 hours ago, Natalie said:

Favourite game series?

Yes but NO.

Unless anyone wants a rant I shall speak no further on the matter.

Taking into account the series as a whole, Pokemon. 

Which Pokémon game did you end up picking?

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

Do you like grits?

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Do you want to know for a specific generation, or what game I picked in each generation?

Sweet or Salty?

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Favorite FE soundtrack?

I actually really like the Fates soundtrack. 

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Yes, and my apologies, I thought you strictly had to awnser the question of the latest poster in the thread.

Taking into account the series as a whole, Pokemon. 

Basically you answer the question asked below your last post, then ask the latest person who's posted a question. 

I'm going to play Y, and then either Sun/Moon or Gold.

Favorite cookie?

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

and for each generation

Gen 1: Blue

Gen 2: Gold/Crystal

Gen 3: Ruby, Emerald, FireRed

Gen 4: Diamond, Platinum, Heartgold.

Gen 5: White,

Gen 6: Y, Omega Ruby.

Haven't played a Gen 7 game or either Black/White 2.

9 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Favorite cookie?

Gen 1: Blue

Gen 2: Gold/Crystal

Gen 3: Ruby, Emerald, FireRed

Gen 4: Diamond, Platinum, Heartgold.

Gen 5: White,

Gen 6: Y, Omega Ruby.

Haven't played a Gen 7 game or either Black/White 2.

Chocolate

uhhhhhh, favorite food? 

Favorite ancient civilization?

2 hours ago, Natalie said:

Do you enjoy art? (as in seeing art at galleries/online etc)

I do, I love art in almost any shape or form and seeing it in almost every shape or form.

Same question to you.

5 hours ago, Natalie said:

Do you prefer the LotR books or films?

I've always preferred the stories for PoR and RD. They seem more... complete somehow.

I'm tempted to take you up on that. I have too much internal hate for the Hobbit films. Tauriel

Books all the way! Though the movies are really good too.

The Tellius (and Jugdral) games have always been my favorites in terms of story too. They're just more... political and grand, and I like that. 

And don't even get me started. Especially on Tauriel.

When do you think you first discovered your love for history?

1 hour ago, Hattusili I said:

Same question to you.

Books all the way! Though the movies are really good too.

The Tellius (and Jugdral) games have always been my favorites in terms of story too. They're just more... political and grand, and I like that. 

And don't even get me started. Especially on Tauriel.

Sesshū Tōyō. Particularly his 'Splashed-Ink Landscape'.

Michelangelo. I love all his incredibly muscular women - apparently he was actually painting men with fake breasts as he wasn't allowed to paint naked women. I'm also very desperate to see the Sistine Chapel Ceiling.

Pieter Bruegel. I'm always returning to 'The Fall of Icarus'. 

And as far as modern art, there are too many to list but a few of my favourites are: Loish, Cyarin and Banksy (he's always painting where I live). 

The movies are a lot more dramatic than the books which I think works really well in a shorter amount of time. If they weren't, Frodo would've taken most of the first film actually leaving the Shire. I miss Fatty though. I saw the films before I read the books so I feel a little biased towards them, but I do really love the detail of the novels.

I feel convinced by the story and characters in Tellius much more than some of the other FE games. I find that the politics are much more spoken about which is more realistic in a war situation. Blazing Sword is my favourite, but I find that not everything ties up or flows well.

First thing you usually notice about people?

6 hours ago, Natalie said:

Favourite artist(s) or particular works you like?

I can't quite remember names anymore, I took a class all about art and got to learn a lot of artists through that.  Anyways, some artists I can remember that I likewhether modern or older are:

Banksy, I really like good street art.

Massimiliano Soldani-Benzi (sp?), those statues he's sculpted are gnarly and quite famous.

Hiroshige, ukiyo-e art is really pretty.

Takashi Takeuchi, I love every art thing he's done for Type-Moon.

Yoshitoshi ABe, his art looks really nice and clean.  He did the art for the manga of All You Need is Kill and it looks amazing to me.

cuboon and Senri Kita's art is really nice to see whether it be in Fire Emblem or elsewhere.

Miyazaki is classic for me.

I have a lot of respect for Frank Frazetta because not only is his art good, but he learned to draw with his non-dominant hand within a night.

andmyfriendbecauseherartisreallygoodandI'mveryjealousofherabilitiesoranyartist'sabilitiesforthatmatter

Same question you asked.

12 hours ago, MediocreLee said:

First thing you usually notice about people?

I can't quite remember names anymore, I took a class all about art and got to learn a lot of artists through that.  Anyways, some artists I can remember that I likewhether modern or older are:

Probably the way that someone holds themselves. Whether I'm meeting them or people watching, I usually notice that rather than details. I think you can tell a lot about someone in a first impression that way.

I just googled all of the artists I didn't know of, and I agree that they are all amazing. 

Banksy actually paints all around Bristol (where I live) and it's pretty usual to just spot some when you're just wandering.

And Miyazaki is unreal. He's like some kind of animation god. Thank goodness he's come out of retirement again!

Favorite type of art?  Such as sculptures, paintings, etc.

51 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Same question you asked.

I just googled all of the artists I didn't know of, and I agree that they are all amazing. 

Banksy actually paints all around Bristol (where I live) and it's pretty usual to just spot some when you're just wandering.

And Miyazaki is unreal. He's like some kind of animation god. Thank goodness he's come out of retirement again!

Outside of their physique, it's usually the way they speak and how the project their emotions through speech.  Often times, I can gauge how someone is due to their speech pattern and tone.

And that's really cool, I'd really like to see Banksy's art in person.  And Miyazaki is never going to stay retired, which I'm okay with because I love a lot of his stuff.

I'm assuming you're a Python fan from your sig. Did he turn out well for you, or do you just like his character?

1 hour ago, MediocreLee said:

Favorite type of art?  Such as sculptures, paintings, etc.

I've always really admired oil paintings. But recently I've been enjoying all kinds of art, especially digital painting.

Favorite FE character(s)?

19 hours ago, Natalie said:

When do you think you first discovered your love for history?

Sesshū Tōyō. Particularly his 'Splashed-Ink Landscape'.

Michelangelo. I love all his incredibly muscular women - apparently he was actually painting men with fake breasts as he wasn't allowed to paint naked women. I'm also very desperate to see the Sistine Chapel Ceiling.

Pieter Bruegel. I'm always returning to 'The Fall of Icarus'. 

And as far as modern art, there are too many to list but a few of my favourites are: Loish, Cyarin and Banksy (he's always painting where I live). 

The movies are a lot more dramatic than the books which I think works really well in a shorter amount of time. If they weren't, Frodo would've taken most of the first film actually leaving the Shire. I miss Fatty though. I saw the films before I read the books so I feel a little biased towards them, but I do really love the detail of the novels.

It was so long ago that I don't even remember. My dad knows a lot about history (especially Roman history, which has intrigued me from the very beginning), so I was basically raised with it. I used to be particularly interested in Julius Caesar as a child, but I never figured out why.

I had to Google half those names (I remember Michelangelo, Bruegel and Banksy!), but a quick Google search showed me very good things.

And I agree on the pacing of The Lord of the Rings films. They did a great job of filming "the unfilmable." Their biggest flaw is obviously cutting out the heroic fatties. Give me Fatty and Forlong the Fat!

What languages do you speak or would like to learn?

2 hours ago, Hattusili I said:

Favorite FE character(s)?

Admittedly I've only played the games released in the west as well as Binding Blade, so I have a very limited branch of characters.

Erk is probably my all time favourite character. I just really like his personality and background. Lyn comes in second because I pretty much wanted to be her when I was younger, although her Heroes artwork really annoys me.

Naesala is my favourite from the Tellius games.

And Lon'qu was my husband so...

Edited by Natalie

Do you do any crafts?

8 hours ago, Natalie said:

I'm assuming you're a Python fan from your sig. Did he turn out well for you, or do you just like his character?

Both, I really enjoy Python as a character and unit.  His personality is hilarious and we don't have that many type of characters in FE games, so I think Python is pretty unique in that aspect.  And he did turn out to be a really good unit for me, which I think is the minority here.  He hit a lot and would crit at times I thought he wouldn't and ultimately has saved a lot of his fellow teammates.

Current game(s) you're playing?

13 hours ago, MediocreLee said:

Do you do any crafts?

Both, I really enjoy Python as a character and unit.  His personality is hilarious and we don't have that many type of characters in FE games, so I think Python is pretty unique in that aspect.  And he did turn out to be a really good unit for me, which I think is the minority here.  He hit a lot and would crit at times I thought he wouldn't and ultimately has saved a lot of his fellow teammates.

As in art crafts? I used to do a lot of printmaking, sculpture and wood/metalwork when I was at college (that's like 16-18 yrs in the UK), but nowadays I don't really have the time. I still do sewing, but mainly mending other peoples things rather than making my own clothes.

Yeah, Python also turned out really well for me too, he had insane growths of skill and spd. I love his character too, I think he's one of my favourites in SoV.

What was your favorite subject in school?

On 29-6-2017 at 4:30 PM, Natalie said:

What languages do you speak or would like to learn?

Admittedly I've only played the games released in the west as well as Binding Blade, so I have a very limited branch of characters.

I'm fluent in English and Dutch, pretty good at French and German, my Latin is so-so (reading, writing, translating is okay-ish, but don't ask me to say anything in Latin), my Japanese is meh but improving, my Ancient Greek and Quenya are at different stages of bad.

I'd like to learn all languages! I'm afraid my brain capacity and time are a little limited for that though, so I'll have to make do with only a few. For now, I'm focusing on getting the languages I do know to a higher level.
But if I'm going to learn any new ones, Italian, Spanish, Arabic and Chinese are high up on my list.

Also, please, if you've played those games, you're only missing the Genealogy and the Thracia characters.
Oh wait, and the Mystery/New Mystery exclusive characters... 
But you still know a majority!

Do you play any instruments?

3 hours ago, Hattusili I said:

What was your favorite subject in school?

I'm fluent in English and Dutch, pretty good at French and German, my Latin is so-so (reading, writing, translating is okay-ish, but don't ask me to say anything in Latin), my Japanese is meh but improving, my Ancient Greek and Quenya are at different stages of bad.

I'd like to learn all languages! I'm afraid my brain capacity and time are a little limited for that though, so I'll have to make do with only a few. For now, I'm focusing on getting the languages I do know to a higher level.
But if I'm going to learn any new ones, Italian, Spanish, Arabic and Chinese are high up on my list.

I tried not to be at school  Probably English Literature when studying for exams. In the early part of school though, I was more interested in subjects like History and Religious Studies. But, due to England's education system, at thirteen I was forced to narrow my 'non-compulsory' subjects down to about 4.

Wow, just wow. I feel so inferior

Any talent you wish you had?

16 hours ago, Natalie said:

Current game(s) you're playing?

As in art crafts? I used to do a lot of printmaking, sculpture and wood/metalwork when I was at college (that's like 16-18 yrs in the UK), but nowadays I don't really have the time. I still do sewing, but mainly mending other peoples things rather than making my own clothes.

Yeah, Python also turned out really well for me too, he had insane growths of skill and spd. I love his character too, I think he's one of my favourites in SoV.

I'm slowly going through the Zero Escape series again because I love those games.  I'm replaying through Persona 5 and play some Overwatch here and there.  I'll be streaming FE Radiant Dawn again also.

For SoV itself, Python's my favorite.  He's just super solid to me.

Favourite time of the day?

7 hours ago, MediocreLee said:

Any talent you wish you had?

I'm slowly going through the Zero Escape series again because I love those games.  I'm replaying through Persona 5 and play some Overwatch here and there.  I'll be streaming FE Radiant Dawn again also.

I can already cross my eyes and roll my tongue, what other talents would I need? I think I'd want to be socially talented.

Let me know when you're streaming and I'll see if I can be there.