What You Want To Know About The Above Poster Most

Randoman

39 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

@Rex Glacies: What was it about my avvie that struck you as being "witch-like" or "ghost-like"?

... From the "Make a Pokemon Team for the poster above" thread? Well, it's simply that your avatar looks surreal or otherworldly. I think it's because of a. the eyes, b. the billowing purple hair, and c. the outfit, which while only a small part of it is seen, it looks unusual, especially the necklace. In addition, your member title and location listed adds to the otherworldly aspect, and as both witches and ghosts tend to deal with the arcane, I simply associated them with your avatar.
In addition, she looks similar to Olympia, a Psychic type Gym Leader from Pokemon X and Y who has an out-of-this-world vibe.

Well, on a similar topic, my question: Who is your avatar, and what is she from?

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

Spoiler

My avvie is a humanized version of Nightmare Rarity, seen below.

thumb.png

And she's supposed to be wearing the outfit of this character, seen below. 

Evil_Nia.jpg

And as you can see, I took some liberties in the outfit's appearance. Namely the color scheme and the necklace. The necklace in particular is supposed to be a keepsake of Rarity's, given to her by Spike. Said keepsake was brought by Rarity's friends in hopes of using it to help return her to normal when she was turned into Nightmare Rarity. The character that she's dressing up as in my avvie also has something similar in terms of sentimental value. But it's a ring instead of a necklace. And since they both have items of sentimental value, I figured it would be a liberty that would "make sense in context", as it were. 

And of course, the avatar isn't an entirely original piece of artwork. It's edited from another (fanart) picture of the same character. Said picture, however, didn't show her wearing anything above the shoulders besides a diadem, earrings, and different necklace. (It also wasn't a full-body image either.)

I just thought I'd ask because I didn't really think about those design aspects all that much. I mean, I knew that both characters had an air of elegance to them, despite the circumstances that caused their change into how they appear as they do in what I showed you. And that both appeared otherworldly, likely because of those same circumstances. But describing either character as "witch-like" or "ghost-like" didn't cross my mind. And that might have been because of what they were. But, either way, your comment made me end up appreciating their designs more. And it definitely gave me something to think about if and when I do try to come up with a sort of design for a character that's supposed to have witch-like or ghost-like traits, but is neither a ghost or witch.

You wouldn't have dabbled in graphic design at some point. Have you?

Edited by Just call me AL

5 hours ago, Randoman said:

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

Rather multifaceted, to say the least. On good days I can be kind, just, trusting, and humble; but on bad days I can be cruel, arbitrary, paranoid, and prideful. I have a rather complex personality, I admit.

Question: What does your rank ("No hope awaits ... darling") mean?

Favorite TV show?

On 8/13/2017 at 10:55 PM, Ottokar said:

Rather multifaceted, to say the least. On good days I can be kind, just, trusting, and humble; but on bad days I can be cruel, arbitrary, paranoid, and prideful. I have a rather complex personality, I admit.

Question: What does your rank ("No hope awaits ... darling") mean?

It's more of a reference to a song that made in appreciation for the character in my avvie. The A Cappella for which is heard in the video below.

And I also figure that the line might be uttered by the character in my avvie if she was more of an agent of despair than she was already, so...

Edited by Just call me AL

What do you like most about Clarine?

I believe we posted at the same time so ignore mine.

22 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Least favorite video game you've played?

My brother forced me to play Dark Souls once. It's seriously dark, as in I couldn't see a thing, and I kept dying right at the start. 

Edited by Natalie

I love it when they come towards me and want to be huggled, and I also love to make them tame when they're still a baby.

Before I ask anything from you, would it mind to ask you first in which kind of rhetoric I shall ask you questions, if I should get the opportunity and chance to get to know more about you?

Edited by Reimu Hakurei

What personality traits would you prioritize most in regards to a potential girlfriend/wife?

20 hours ago, Natalie said:

One thing you hope to see in the next FE game?

Though I know it's not likely, I would like Mila's Turnwheel or some sort of spiritual successor to it to return. It really alleviated a lot of frustration in any mistakes you make, and also cuts down on the amount of chapter resetting.

Same question you asked.

2 hours ago, Randoman said:

Though I know it's not likely, I would like Mila's Turnwheel or some sort of spiritual successor to it to return. It really alleviated a lot of frustration in any mistakes you make, and also cuts down on the amount of chapter resetting.

I agree, Mila's Turnwheel is so useful, although I'm so used to restarting that sometimes I forget to make use of it. 

20 hours ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

Could imagine to take a job in the politics, and if so, which ressource would you like to have?

Yes, I could imagine myself being a politician. In that event, I would probably run for a centrist or centre-right party, and if given the opportunity serve as a minister for Environment, Culture or Foreign Affairs. 

I do suspect, given my dedication to caring for the environment, that I would probably be a dissenter within whatever party I chose.

Question: What do you like about the UK?

Edited by Ottokar

18 hours ago, Natalie said:

What do you like most about Clarine?

I believe we posted at the same time so ignore mine.

Please, I shall do no such thing. As for what I like regarding Clarine, I am merely slightly fond of her mannerism compared to mine. Otherwise, I simply cannot care for such a character. In fact, I would care not if she even dies in the story.

18 hours ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

Before I ask anything from you, would it mind to ask you first in which kind of rhetoric I shall ask you questions, if I should get the opportunity and chance to get to know more about you?

Of course not, you need not require a rhetoric of any kind if you ever wish to inquire for more facts regarding myself. Such can simply be accomplished with the ever so slightly for formality and basic manners. In fact, I would be happy to partake in this thread if one ever wishes to know more or perhaps, I can easily condone partaking in any kind of interview. That is if your question was intended to be addressed to me, of course.

And just what might your favourite thing regarding chemistry be?

What was the first FE game you played?

9 hours ago, Ottokar said:

Question: What do you like about the UK?

There are lots of things I like about the UK.

British people are obsessed with the weather.

We're generally very good at queuing.

We have a rather stormy coast along the south west which is great for surfing and the like.

And there aren't any dangerous creatures that can kill you.

How much excited are you for your most likely happening interview?

16 hours ago, Randoman said:

What personality traits would you prioritize most in regards to a potential girlfriend/wife?

• non smoker
  • about same weight as me
  • a little bit educated at least
  • better in handcraft than I am

Of course not, you need not require a rhetoric of any kind if you ever wish to inquire for more facts regarding myself. Such can simply be accomplished with the ever so slightly for formality and basic manners. In fact, I would be happy to partake in this thread if one ever wishes to know more or perhaps, I can easily condone partaking in any kind of interview. That is if your question was intended to be addressed to me, of course.

Ok
Just wanted to make sure that I treat you with all the respect you'd like to have.

Do you have any pet animals apart from cats, and if not have you ever considered getting any?

50 minutes ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

How much excited are you for your most likely happening interview?

Wat. I had no idea I'd been nominated until just now. I'm pretty excited about it (if it happens), but I'm also worried about coming across as weird or boring, or both at the same time... When does the nomination period end anyway?

2 hours ago, Natalie said:

What was the first FE game you played?

Oh my, the first Fire Emblem video game I have played? I do believe it is Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones which was bestow to me during the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador promotion. In fact, I do not believe I got far enough into that game and only merely reached halfway through the video game on Eirika's story. As one can perhaps easily deduce, my passion for the video game series is dreadfully minor and anyone can truly wonder why I even joined this forum website. If I recall correctly, I do own Fire Emblem Awakening but never truly got far and the only Fire Emblem video game I went through completely was Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

According to your profile, one of your interest includes "drawing". Might I ask, what are you normally fond of illustrating?

Edited by Clarine
According to your statements, I do not believe I am as British as one may hope for me to be. After all, I tend to never be interested in the weather and I always find waiting in queues to be most intolerable.

At what level do you play FE Heroes (seriously or just for fun etc)?

7 minutes ago, Clarine said:

According to your profile, one of your interest includes "drawing". Might I ask, what are you normally fond of illustrating?

I've recently started drawing digitally, but before that I just used to sketch faces and do traditional painting. Nowadays though, I like to paint my favourite game characters from the likes of Fire Emblem and Zelda, etc. 

I'm currently working on Micaiah from FE Radiant Dawn.

18 hours ago, Natalie said:

Same question you asked.

Respectfulness, honesty, tact, a willingness to try new things (that aren't bad or unhealthy, like vandalism or drugs), and considerateness are the main ones that come to mind.

Well, since we're on this topic, I guess I'll ask you what personality traits you want in a potential boyfriend/husband.

3 hours ago, Natalie said:

At what level do you play FE Heroes (seriously or just for fun etc)?

My intensity level? I do believe my one would lie somewhere along the middle of both casual and serious. After all, I am a Tier 18 Arena user but I am still unable to complete the majority of Lunatic and Infernal Grand Hero Battles much to my chagrin. Considering the fact I already obtained by Five-Stars Clive from the Tempest Trials act only as evidence that I cannot be deemed as a true casual Fire Emblem Heroes user.

Simply put, I am serious enough to create these Heroes but not enough to be obsessed or even follow the so-called "meta game" scene.

Spoiler

3jiB769.png1dIRwFa.png

Oh my, the topic revolves around personality traits? Very well, what do you deem to be your two worst personality traits?

Edited by Clarine
You may possess your own sentiments regarding my playing style, I for one am not truly one to know much regarding such things.

Who are some of your favourite ugly characters in fiction?

50 minutes ago, Clarine said:

Oh my, the topic revolves around personality traits? Very well, what do you deem to be your two worst personality traits?

It'd probably be how quick I am to discriminate against certain groups of people (Eg: certain fanbases) and getting really frustrated at interruptions to my plans/schedule for the day.

What new FE characters (or game characters in general) would you like to see in the next Super Smash?

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

Well, since we're on this topic, I guess I'll ask you what personality traits you want in a potential boyfriend/husband.

I'd want my partner to be respectful of me and of women in general. 

Appreciative of music and arts.

Someone who's not insane would also be a bonus because I always seem to pick them

Would you believe yourself to be more down-to-earth or head-in-the-clouds?

On 8/13/2017 at 10:44 PM, Just call me AL said:

You wouldn't have dabbled in graphic design at some point. Have you?

... Sort of. I've done a couple of things in Photoshop, though not much and certainly nothing to write home about. I suppose my main problem is that which is the common flaw of mine - I lack both the time and motivation to do anything truly interesting.

As for your avatar, that's rather interesting. I had wondered who your avatar was for a while, and if they're sort of a cross between two characters that would explain why I didn't know who she was. And I would agree - your character looking ghost-like and witch-like makes them seem more powerful and unique than otherwise.

Do you enjoy art? If so, favourite artists?

25 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Would you believe yourself to be more down-to-earth or head-in-the-clouds?

This is one of those questions where I have to say both. I do a lot of dreaming, but I'm pretty down-to-earth about my actual life choices and ambitions.