The Robfather's Relationship Help Thread

Don Draper

IOS, this thread is a bad idea.

I just looked through the kiss/crush/love topic and something like 75% of the posters there haven't had their first kiss. From my own personal experience, it's a bad idea to take relationship advice if you've never had intimate contact with anyone. Especially if most of the kids here are like 14/15 or so.

Also, avoid friendzone like the plague. If you sense it, deal's off.

This wouldn't necessarily be geared to the 14/15 year olds on the board. Anybody who hasn't made intimate contact by an older age would probably want some guidance on the subject, wouldn't you agree? Some people don't really know where to start, others may be under false assumptions, and this thread is really just for helping people get on the right track.

Also, think about the 15 year old kid who's had a crush on his friend (who's friendzoned him) for 2+ years and hasn't told her yet. Wouldn't it be better if he was aware of the consequences, the expected outcome, and how to rectify it? Informing him of this could save him from excessive emotional distress in the future.

The way you learn is by making mistakes. Simple as that. Don't let other people tell you what to do and make mistakes that way. Just be yourself and when shit happens, take it in stride.

Also Colonel, go to the bar with some friends and chat to some women there. Don't mention anything about video games, just talk about... well, random stuff. Find a common connection and there you go. A couple tequilas later and you should be golden. And hope to god that she's got a low tolerance, it'll save you money.

I'm too young to go to a bar. >_>

The bigger issue is, let's say, trying to advance into a relationship. I've talked to women before. I'm not completely anti-social and I can think of subjects to talk about. The issues are that 1) I don't want to seem like a creeper, you know. 2) Finding the right way to get the ball rolling. I've had a "date" so to speak before and I have gone out with a girl. The problem was she was partially psycho due to her screwed up life with her parents.

Edited by Tyranel M

I asked this girl out today... and she told me 'maybe another night'.

So when would it be a good time to ask again? Tomorrow? Next week?

Ask her out next week. Women don't respond well to persistence.

Edited by Junes!

I can definitely help out in this topic.

I asked this girl out today... and she told me 'maybe another night'.

So when would it be a good time to ask again? Tomorrow? Next week?

Sorry buddy, but unless there's some key information you're not sharing, "maybe another night" translates into "maybe another lifetime." She's just not into you, and it's best to move on.

Alright guys!

Someone's been rather. . ."persistent" about flirting with me. I'm not interested, and have told him several times. He doesn't get the hint. How do I get this dude off my back, short of blocking his cell number?

EDIT: And before anyone says anything, it isn't Obviam.

Edited by eclipse

I can definitely help out in this topic.

Sorry buddy, but unless there's some key information you're not sharing, "maybe another night" translates into "maybe another lifetime." She's just not into you, and it's best to move on.

I'd rather not think of her as cruel and heartless. I will surely give it another chance.

I'd rather not think of her as cruel and heartless. I will surely give it another chance.

What's the point in asking for advice if you're not going to listen to it?

If a girl tells you "maybe another time", she'll say the exact same thing the NEXT time that you ask her. This is true in most cases unless she explicitly shows interest in wanting to go on a date with you. If she names a specific other time, then it's not a waste. But if she just says something along the lines of "I'm really sorry but I'm really busy right now, how about another time", forget it. She's just not interested in you.

Also, avoid friendzone like the plague. If you sense it, deal's off.

This pretty much, although there are ways to get out in the right circumstances. Definitely not something to rely on though.

:sob:

This is sad news to me. I've been in the friend zone with the girl I like since Kindergarten.

There's probably no hope for that situation is there?