[FE9] PoR Draft Number Six

Integrity

heh we're at the same place i just haven't posted mine yet and wont be doing so for a bit experimenting with my team to see what i can do lol so doing a quick practice run first i just want to say that chapter three is frustrating as hell i could do 4 turns easily but i can also do three turns perfectly except titania refuses to critical the freaking boss i've put her in the perfect situation like 10 times and nothing just frustrating :'(

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titania has to kill the fighter that drops the hand axe, then equip that hand axe and attack the boss with it. She'll kill him the next phase. Also, don't try to rely on criticals for boss killing when you don't even have a weapon with a good innate crit rate. If 4 turns is what you can get for chapter 4, then you'll have to be really lucky to get anything lower than that. And that would just be wasting time.

Also, if you're up to the same point as me, how is your current total turncount?

And I'm done, so all I have to do is hope no one else finishes, as that's the only way I can get first.gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

I'd appreciate it if the other competitors don't look at my turncount, as I'm pretty sure they'd just try to 1-up me.

Prologue 4 turns

Standard sequence

Ch1 3 turns

Standard Ike + Titania combo

Ch2 4 turns

Ike had to dodge quite a bit, but when Titania came she cleaned house

Ch3 3 turns

I could go alot faster without having to recruit Marcia. Titania KOd the boss on T2 enemy phase

Ch4 2 turns

Titania charged forward and killed the boss with a crit, while everyone else hid in the corner.

Ch5 6 turns

Ike defended while Titania held her ground to the north. I didn't bother getting the Ashera Icon to save up uses of my weapons.

Ch6 5 turns

Titania grabbed Ike and killed the boss on turn 5, when Ike seized.

Ch7 16 turns

I had to take a Gatrie and Oscar penalty, and I could have done it in two less turns, if Gatrie wouldn't have kept missing a knight who he doubled.

Ch8 8 turns

Ike held his ground while Titania charged north, then east, and finally west, clearing out all the enemies. When almost all of my enemies had been defeated, I recruited Ilyana.

Ch9 6 turns

I could have done it in 1 less but I think I messed up Titania's placing so she couldn't counter the boss

Ch10 5 turns

Titania, Ike and Ilyana rushed forward destroying everything in their paths, and the newly acquired Volke didn't really do anything. Ike arrived on turn 5, none of the cell doors were opened.

Ch11 5 turns

Titania once again stole the show as she charged forward, destroying most things in her path, including the boss iirc. Ike cleaned up the enemies near the start and got the Dracoshield, while the newly promoted Ilyana and Volke trailed behind Titania.

Ch12 8 turns

I think this is the fastest I could have done this chapter given I didn't have Marcia. Titania is really gettiing up there in levels at this point.

Ch13 8 turns

I used Voke and my previously obtained and unused chest keys to open all the chests by turn 7, making this chapter pretty easy. Astrid was recruited, but just hid in a corner. Almost all of the other units died.

Ch14 3 turns

I realized I forgot to recruit Marcia, which meant no Makalov, but I decided to keep moving forward. Volke uncovered the boss on turn 3 so Titania could OHKO him with a steel axe forge.

Ch15 3 turns

Ilyana ran forward unequiped and on turn 3 reached Muarim in time to finish him off. Volke obtained the boots, but other than that nothing special happened.

Ch16 5 turns

Since I didn't use the boots yet, this is the fastest I could do this chapter. Astrid promoted at base. Titania picked Ike up and ran with Astrid, killing everything in their paths. I didn't need or get any treasure.

Ch17 25 turns

Part 1 took four turns, as Titania charged north, Astrid stayed near the start and Ilyana ran westward. By turn 3 enemy phase almost all the enemy reinforcements were gone, and were finished off by turn 4 player phase

Part 2 was tough without a flyer, Astrid trudged through the mud to arrive on turn 5, while Titania Ilyana and Volke went westward to fend off enemies.

Part 3 was standard defense. Everyone stayed near the start and gained experience.

Part 4 was a killer. I could have finished a turn earlier, but decided Adept would help me in the long run, so I took 6 turns

Ch18 7 turns

FINALLY things get interesting. I get my flyer, Ulki, and Reyson and of course Ulki gets the boots and all the bonus exp I've kept stored up, as well as speedwings and demi band. Ulki charges through the enemies, tearing everything in his path apart, and on turn 7 enemy phase the last crow suicided. I made sure to get Wrath for Ike to make a 3 turn of endgame possible.

Ch19 3 turns

I took an extra turn to get the knight ring, and by turn 3 player phase Titania and Ulki teamed up to KO the boss with a steel axe forge and Claws.

Ch20 3 turns

Ulki flew northward as fast as his wings could carry him, reaching Shiharam by turn 2, and attacking. On turn 2 EP, shiharam committed suicide, and by turn 3 player phase, Ulki could arrive. I also got the smite scroll which would prove useful later, as well as the rescue staff which was never even used. I got Callil for meteor.

Ch21 7 turns

Ulki picked up Ike, and flew into the throne room. This one took a while to get right, and a 6 turn was possible but risky, but I settled for this as I got the energy drop. I ignored Tauroneo despite his attempts to kill me. On turjn 7, Ulki KOd Ena and Ike seized.

Ch22 1 turn

Ilyana used Callil's meteor, followed by Reyson's vigor to kill the boss, getting me max bonus exp and a 1 turn.

Ch23 7 turns

I hate this chapter, but that aside, Ulki picked up Ike and carried him near Petrine. I was slowed down a couple of turns due to Ulki being unable to double and being surrounded by enemies. Ike killed Petrine on turn 6 enemy phase and seized on turn 7.

Ch24 4 turns

Ulki flew towards the arrive square while Titania and Astrid and the rest of the gang ran up and got savior. Not much else happened besides Lucia joining, though I doubt she'll be doing much.

Ch25 6 turns

Ulki charged forward and KOd pretty much everything in the top half of the map. If he had 2 range this easily could have been a 5 turn. As it turns out this chapter was alot easier than I first thought.

Ch26 5 turns

Ulki picked Ike up yet again and ferried him (with Savior this time) all the way to the boss, where he was dropped off, and KOd after 2 turns of combat. Ulki took quite a beating but made it out alive, and Ike seized on turn 5.

Ch27 6 turns + 1 turn

Ulki ran forward and with others' help to smash doors, made it to the boss by turn 5. Astrid used a chest key to get resolve the turn before I seized, and Volke got put to sleep and almost died. Again ,this chapter was alot easier than I imagined.

Ch28 5 turns

Ulki picked up Ike (you saw this coming) and ferried him near the boss. Ike with Wrath and Resolve destroyed the enemies surrounding the boss, and on turn 4 enemy phase destroyed the boss, allowing him to seize on turn 5.

Ch29 3 turns

Ulki picked up Ike and with the help of Reyson dropped Ike off in Ashnard's range on turn 1. On turn 1 EP, Ashnard was killed by Ike, and Reyson and Ulki died (though Ulki'd done one hell of a job saving turns single handedly). On turn 2, Ike elixered himself. I don't remember if I 2 or 3 turned this. I almost recall 3 turning it, but a turn is missing from my memory if that's the case. Everyone ran around randomly doing unimportant things when on turn 2 or 3 enemy phase, super Ashnard suicided to Ike, ending the game.

Total turns: 177

Feel free to check my math.

I doubt I'll win what with Jill and Marcia out there, but I think...well, I still have a chance since my after seeing my team I knew the only way I'd win this is if no one else finished. mellow.gif

Final thoughts:

Ike: His overall performance was pretty mediocre, but he was a beast when I needed him (endgame) and for that I have to give him some credit. I would say he was good earlygame, but he really wasn't, as Titania would have been better off soloing maps than trying to keep him alive.

Titania: She was quite the beast early and midgame, though she started to slow down late mid - lategame when Astrid and Ulki continually outshined her. Still a great unit and essential to my completion of the game.

Reyson: This guy was great, basically all he needed to do was Vigor Ulki, and Ilyana for Ch21, and he did his job to a T. Definitely a solid pick, he's probably the only reason my turncount is under 200.

Astrid: Another great unit, and she became the new Titania around Ch23. Definately not a wasted pick, and an overall solid unit thanks to paragon and bexp.

Makalov: Who? This guy didn't do anything really, I wish I would've killed him for his red gem, then I could at least say he contributed something.

Ilyana: Not a bad pick, definitely won me Ch22, allowing me to 1 turn. She also beasted Ch15 for me. I say she was a solid pick, and earned her team slot.

Volke: This guy was a wasted pick. His combat was terrible and the only thing I can attribute to him is saving 2 turns on Ch13, though that's not really too big of an accomplishment, I guess it's all that can be expected of a thief.

Ulki: This guy was the MVP of my run. After I got him, he single handedly carried my sad excuse for a playthrough on his wings. He was like a bulkier Marcia. I guess part of the credit I give him should go to Reyson too, but Ulki definitely surpassed my expectations.

Largo: He was okay, though my turncount was pretty indifferent about his presence.

Lucia: Eye candy but not much else going on for her. See above

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue: Mercenaries

-----------------------------------

Strategy

Turn 1 opens with Ike beating the crap out of Boyd. Ike uses the Vulnerary once and then kills the boss.

terncounts.png

4/4

Chapter 1: The Battle Begins

Strategy

Ike and Titania go north with Titania snagging the Seraph robe on turn 2.

Ike     | Lv 3.23 | 20 HP | 6 Str | 1 Mag | 7 Skill | 8 Sp | 7 Lck | 6 Def | 1 Res |
Titania | Lv 1.30 | 33 HP | 12 Str| 4 Mag | 13 Skill| 14 Sp| 11 Lck| 11 Def| 7 Res |

terncounts.png

3/7

To-do list:

Seraph Robe

Edited by General Spoon

• 4 weeks later...

I was doing pretty good up till chapter 18 came around and by then I had made some mistakes that were gonna get back at me, like not getting Wrath and the full guard. So I restarted, am up to chapter 9 now and have been able to duplicate my turncounts in all but 1 case. Really frustrating.

What's with the bird images?

They're terns. Figure it out.

Lol, did everyone else just quit?

I had to play through PoR quick to unlock hard mode on my new memory card for the purposes of this draft. And I cannot bring myself to play it again so soon after going through it. Hence why I've stopped for now.

Edited by General Spoon