[FE11] FESD Draft VIII

Gradivus

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules:

- Normal Run

- Prologue don't count towards turn goals. [No boss abuse in these chapters though!]

- Reclassing allowed.

- Warp Staff is banned

- Undrafted units can only be used for meatshielding [should be unarmed]; same with faceless units. They can be used to recruit characters though. They shouldn't be healed, or use items. They can take part in trade chains.

- Lowest Turncount wins!

- No Forging

- Drafting by Random Turn order (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, etc.)

- No WiFi shop

- Post a Playlog here, count turns, update frequently

- No Clock Abuse

- All Characters must be recruited!

Free: Marth, Jagen, and Nagi/Gotoh

Participants:

Mist: Shiida, Julian, Minerva, Palla, Catria, Xane, Linde, Maria, Midia, Ymir, Arran (Team Complete)

General_Horace: Abel, Hardin, Cord, Bord, Athena, Jake, Roger, Horace, Jeorge, Samson (Team Complete)

The_Steel_Lance: Barst, Draug, Navarre, Lena, Norne, Rickard, Darros, Astram, Etzel, Tiki

Silvercrow: Frey, Merric, Wendall, Castor, Roshea, Caeser, Beck, Matthis, Dolph, Boah, Lorenz

Gradivus: Cain, Ogma, Wolf, Sedgar, Gordin, Vyland, Radd, Wrys, Tomas, Macellan, Bantu

Unit List:

Frey

Abel

Cain

Gordin

Draug

Norne

Shiida

Wrys

Ogma

Barst

Bord

Cord

Castor

Darros

Julian

Lena

Navarre

Merric

Matthis

Hardin

Wolf

Sedgar

Vyland

Roshea

Wendall

Rickard

Athena

Bantu

Caeser

Radd

Roger

Jeorge

Maria

Minerva

Linde

Jake

Dolph

Macellan

Boah

Midia

Tomas

Horace

Astram

Beck

Palla

Catria

Arran

Samson

Xane

Etzel

Est

Tiki

Lorenz

Ymir

Elice

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Edited by Gradivus

Couldn't that create conflicts if someone drafted a certain amount of characters in that you would need to keep some characters alive to recruit people later, and that those + your draftees could bar you from some gaidens?

Dunno if that made sense.

Yeah it did...

What you're saying is we would have too many units to access the gaiden chapters, right?

That could be a problem, as some units would be tougher to kill off then others, until later in the game.

I'll wait for TC's response on this.

Yeah it did...

What you're saying is we would have too many units to access the gaiden chapters, right?

That could be a problem, as some units would be tougher to kill off then others, until later in the game.

I'll wait for TC's response on this.

Yea. Since you would have to keep certain characters alive to recruit some people later, it could cause problems.

I forget how many people are recruited by people other than Marth or Caeda though, so I may be overestimating the number of those.

But yea, I find FEDS's gaiden requirements to be really stupid to begin with.

PS SOUL FINISH FE5 JEEZ

Edited by Silvercrow

Only Matthis, Astram and Tiki are recruited by units not named Marth or Shiida, and Matthis comes early on, and the only way Tiki would be useable is if the rule was implemented that all characters had to be recruited.

On second thought, it might be simpler to just stick to the standard rules.

EDIT: Forgot Astram.

Edited by General_Horace

@Silvercrow: It's never a problem. 9 draft picks, with Shiida/Caeda, Lena until C4, Bantu until C19, and Midia until C13 are the only required characters for recruiting. Merric and Julian are optional. Always under 15, assuming you kill people off quick enough.

Edited by Mist

Julian and Minerva.

Got a question: In the prologue chapters, (namely P-4), I'm assuming you can't wait around for the reinforcements for Exp? Would like to know before I take a shot at it.

Edited by Mist

I choose Cord.

And if you take over 20 turns on the prologue chapters, including P4, you are doing it wrong. The last wave of pegs happens around turn 15.

Edited by General_Horace