Chapter 13 HHM

Florete

So I recently got to chapter 13 HHM. I had watched dondon's 0% growths run of the map here, but noticed that my unit's positions were totally different. Most of the spots themselves are the same, but everyone except Hector and Eliwood are in different spots. For example, as compared to dondon's, my Oswin is where his Bartre is, meaning Oswin can't break the northern snag on turn 1 (which I was planning on doing...). My Rebecca is where his Marcus is, my Marcus is one space left of where his Serra is, etc.

Yes, this is definitely HHM. I played Hector's chapter 11, had Matthew and Serra in 12, and there was a Thief in 11 (HNM has no Thief there). The only difference I can think of that might have changed it is that I played LHM. I mean, I also took more turns and stuff, but I don't think that would change anything, would it?

Just for further testing, I quickly got there on my ROM and the setup was the same as dondon's. My first guess is that Lyn mode effects it, as strange as that seems.

No that sounds right, because I too was unable to break the snag on Turn 1 with Oswin. I had to Javelin + Iron Axe whack at it, then just have Marcus naturally charge forward. I'm not sure if 13X is affected by it (or even Chapter 12, I didn't exactly check). This seems to be noted in FEWOD's site as well:

Here

There are two pictures there. Granted this is Eliwood route, but I do recall my Oswin missing the snag too.

This map on GFAQS also shows Oswin not being there.

Here

So I'm guessing Lyn Mode must affect it. Nice discovery.

Edited by Tyranel M

Nice find, never noticed this. But I don't think it's just Lyn mode. I have two recordings of the chapter saved, and the starting positions aren't the same. Lyn mode was done for both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFgjqmiRuV0

And both of these are different from dondon's. Perhaps it uses some RNs to get the starting position?

Edited by Gergeshwan

This seems to be noted in FEWOD's site as well:

Here

So I'm guessing Lyn Mode must affect it. Nice discovery.

Relevant:

http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe7/hhm/ENG_cap13.htm

The HM image matches what dondon had, and what I also had. I think Lyn's Mode must play a role; I skipped it. Or could tactician affinity affect it by any chance?

Edited by Meteor

Interesting. Possible variables that alter the setup:

Lyn's Mode

Tactician Affinity

Whether or not the player has a tactician

Possibly turn count up to that point?

I can confirm that on my recent run-through, Oswin was right near the snag, and I had a Ice-Affinity tactician and skipped LHM.

No that sounds right, because I too was unable to break the snag on Turn 1 with Oswin. I had to Javelin + Iron Axe whack at it, then just have Marcus naturally charge forward. I'm not sure if 13X is affected by it (or even Chapter 12, I didn't exactly check). This seems to be noted in FEWOD's site as well:

Here

There are two pictures there. Granted this is Eliwood route, but I do recall my Oswin missing the snag too.

I looked there before posting this, actually. I do believe it's only supposed to represent ENM and EHM. The site has a separate guide for HNM and HHM.

Nice find, never noticed this. But I don't think it's just Lyn mode. I have two recordings of the chapter saved, and the starting positions aren't the same. Lyn mode was done for both.

And even both of those are different from mine.

Interesting. Possible variables that alter the setup:

Lyn's Mode

Tactician Affinity

Whether or not the player has a tactician

Possibly turn count up to that point?

I can confirm that on my recent run-through, Oswin was right near the snag, and I had a Ice-Affinity tactician and skipped LHM.

Turn count seems strange to be a factor, but I could see tactician and affinity affecting something. I have a (female) tactician with Anima. And obviously I did LHM.

It might simply be based on the RNG.

That can be tested by saving state before finishing chapter 12 and then burning some RNs. Unless it's like chapter 18 Sacae (fe6) and 20x Sacae where there's a different set of RNs that determine certain things that can't be so easily manipulated.

I haven't tested anything, but I strongly suspect the order depends on two factors:

1. Which units in that chapter were recruited in Lyn's mode and survived (clearly "none" if you didn't do that mode). These will move to the end of the unit list.

2. Which order the aforementioned units were in at the end of Lyn's mode.

I haven't tested anything, but I strongly suspect the order depends on two factors:

1. Which units in that chapter were recruited in Lyn's mode and survived (clearly "none" if you didn't do that mode). These will move to the end of the unit list.

2. Which order the aforementioned units were in at the end of Lyn's mode.

Matthew rejoins immediately, however. If you're right about it being slot related he should be consistantly slot 2(maybe 3 if Eliwood steals slot 2 from him) for everyone and thus his position shouldn't change.. Is his position consistant for everyone?

Edited by Haze

Matthew rejoins immediately, however. If you're right about it being slot related he should be consistantly slot 2(maybe 3 if Eliwood steals slot 2 from him) for everyone and thus his position shouldn't change.. Is his position consistant for everyone?

Looking at the screenshots posted, all the positions seem to vary except for Marcus.