FEditor Adv Question

Gradivus

I've slightly changed the prolouge, with Hector replacing Lyn, and a new map, and one additional enemy. I change Lyn's character description in FEditor (the bit that says shes a member of the Lorca tribe). Every time I try to view it in the game, the game itself crashes? Why is this?

I am using Nightmare, not Nightmare 2.0 for the other editing.

If it is too confusing, I can post a video,

Edited by Gradivus

The big question is, how did you edit the text?

Did you script dump, and then put it back in when you had a different checksum? If you open the ROM and press Help, and Debug Output, and it says "CHECKSUM NOT ********" and you insert a dumped script, then yes, crap will happen.

I went into FEditor's Text Editor after opening my ROM, changed my desired text, hit apply, saved, and went to test the game.

EDIT: When I open the debug menu, it does say CHECKSUM NOT ********* Is there any way to fix this?

Edited by Gradivus

EDIT: When I open the debug menu, it does say CHECKSUM NOT ********* Is there any way to fix this?

Do your nightmare edits and stuff. Make sure the ROM still works.

Then do the following:

If you have HxD, the ROM in FEditor and save it without doing anything, open your ROM in Nightmare and do your edits, and then save it. Afterwards, go into HxD, go to the end of the ROM and delete the last 4 bytes. Go to "Analysis", then "Checksums", click "CRC-32" and then "OK"... you'll see the checksum at the bottom of the screen...

Write it at the end of the ROM like you would a pointer, replacing the 4 bytes you deleted earlier...

For example, if your checksum was "1301A6F4", you would put "F4 A6 01 13" at the end of the ROM...

Open it in FEditor and make sure that the message doesn't show up. Do your text edits. Save. Enjoy.